Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 6:08 PM Last edited by bbostic8 : 14th Jan 2018 at 6:36 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My photos only post as links/are not properly imbedded
Hi all, I've been a member on the site for some time and am looking to share some photos of my sims on the forum, however, whenever I attempt to imbed an IMG file, which I've linked from the image hosting site Imgur, it only shows up as a link. I know about Mod Your Panties, and I've used it before, however, I don't like how it lumps all the pictures together as attachments at the bottom instead of weaving them through the rich text. I am just looking to make my images show up decently in my text posts, like I see on the vast majority of other users here on the site. I have yet to see a guide for this site specifically as to how to ameliorate this issue, and so I'm posting my query here.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a plug-in I'm missing? Does everyone else know something I don't?

Any and all help is appreciated.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 6:10 PM
This might help:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...postingpictures

ETA:
MTS has a dedicated image hosting site, which you can use for uploading images for use on this site:
http://modyourpanties.com/
As you have an account here, then you already have an account there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 6:36 PM
@simsample, Thank you for your speedy response! I learned that Imgur was the problem, and used tinypic instead. Much appreciated!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbostic8
I know about Mod Your Panties, and I've used it before, however, I don't like how it lumps all the pictures together as attachments at the bottom instead of weaving them through the rich text. I am just looking to make my images show up decently in my text posts, like I see on the vast majority of other users here on the site.

Modyourpanties doesn't do this. It works just like any other hosting site as far as placement of the images.

Images only get "lumped all together at the bottom of the page" if you upload them directly to ModTheSims using the image upload tools attached to the bottom of the screen where you post (all that stuff beneath the "Miscellaneous Options" button on the "Go Advanced" screen.)
Link Ninja
#5 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 6:56 PM
Make sure you use the 'Direct Link' on the image itself on imgur. There's a bunch of link options but the second one is best used on forums in [IMG] tags.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.