Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 9:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default no matter what, content doesn't go into my game.
Hello!

I recently got a gaming computer & i downloaded sims 2 ultimate collection and cep, clean installer, compressorizer, simPE. no matter what i do, sims 2 content won't show up in my game.

they're package files, so initially i thought, use Clean Installer & make them into a thing to install into the game, and i did that without issue, only, the content didn't appear in my game.
i'm really at a loss of what to do.
some content shows up, like neighborhood deco i downloaded (only one file though) and a few maxis clothes were changed into new defaults, but everything else: hair, makeup, eye color / shape / style, pets, furniture, walls/floors, nothing shows up. i've used WinRAR and 7zip although there isn't really anything they can do for package files.
if you have a discord, my discord is: 🅱🅱 🗡✨#1619 or this is forum ok too! whatever is easiest.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:41 PM
Is your Download folder spelled 'Downloads'? Capital D, ending in s.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 3:47 AM
I had this same problem when I got a new computer. Maybe what helped me will help you: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=587181
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:45 AM
Make sure you do have the enable custom content box checked as well.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:59 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 15th Jan 2018 at 5:20 AM.
First of all, you need to enable CC ingame, quit the game, and restart the game for CC to show up (if you haven't done this already).

With the UC, the Downloads folder should be placed in this path:
C:\Users\...\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection\Downloads

(Depending on Windows/Mac version, make sure the files don't have special characters, as this can make them not show up ingame. Anything else than Aa-Zz, - and _ are special characters. Spaces, extra dots (the extension dot, as in ".package" is the only one that should be present in a file name), [] and so on can in some cases make the game not recognize the files. Most newer systems don't have any problems with most special characters, but extra dots/punctuation marks have caused problems.

Also make sure file names and file paths aren't too long. If you've tried subfolders inside the Downloads folder, limit yourself to 3 folders deep, or files might not show up (Downloads/folder/folder/files or Downloads/folder/folder/folder/files) - the deeper you subfolder, the higher the chance of things not showing up. If files have very long names, this can also cause the file paths to be too long for the game to read.)

Quote: Originally posted by crookedcat
they're package files, so initially i thought, use Clean Installer & make them into a thing to install into the game, and i did that without issue, only, the content didn't appear in my game.

"Package" files can be put directly into the Downloads folder. Only files with a "Sims2pack" extension need to be installed with the clean installer. If you mess around with the "package" files without knowing what you're doing, you can end up breaking them.

The Clean Installer may need to be fixed to work properly - scroll down to the 2nd question under Custom Content here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...Collection_FAQs

If you haven't seen them, these two topics take on most of what you need to know about downloading, and getting CC to show up. Read them and follow the instructions.