Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 11:18 AM
Default What traits do you barely ever use?
for me its dislike children and vehicle enthusiast what about you?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:15 PM
klepto, insane, vitruoso
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#3 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:20 PM
Insane, evil, hates the outdoors, vegetarian, supernatural fan... and more.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
klepto, insane, vitruoso

funnyily enough those are the ones i use a lot,apart from the skanky traits

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 1:14 PM
Hates Art, Clumsy, Absent Minded, No Sense of Humor (I did have a sim with this trait once and I had so much fun playing her! She was a maid who also had Neat and Unflirty. She gained so much satisfaction from cleaning and was so damn earnest. It really amused me when she would get hit on and decide to use the "bore to death" interaction.)
Instructor
#6 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 4:26 PM
I know some people say there are BAD traits they don't like and I have to agree, but like Tunafishfish pointed out, these traits you wouldn't normally pick are a LOT of fun to watch. Another one would be the Piggy trait on dogs. Watching them eat and stuff - so funny. The slob trait on humans can be quite funny, especially when they time their rudeness right. Two sims talking one was slob, one was flirty I think. Had convo - slob burps in flirty's face, flirty goes "MMM Hmmm" and puts hand on hip in a sexy pose like they really appreciated that burp! I died.

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 4:27 PM
Vehicle Enthusiast. Hydrophobic. No Sense of Humor. Grumpy.
The last three I have had occur through randomized traits in my families and I hated them. Hydrophobic makes them complain about showering, No Sense of Humor is weird to me because it seems... weird to just not have one... and Grumpy just has this stupid, high chance of waking up with a bad moodlet.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 4:31 PM
In normal play: Absent-minded (because it drives me nuts), Hydrophobic (ditto) and Hates Children (because they're going to raise them, because I said so).

A few (like the above, plus things like Vehicle Enthusiast) I only use when doing an Asylum challenge.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 4:34 PM
I just looked through the list and the only traits I barely ever use are Can't Stand Art (that's a really stupid trait), Great Kisser, and Born Sales(wo)man. The last one just because it's been a while since I used the consignment store... I might try that one out.
I actually like the negative/useless traits for creating characters.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 4:43 PM
Looking through the traits I hardly ever use Schmoozer, Rebellious, Gatherer, Nurturing, Perceptive, Photographer's Eye, Heavy Sleeper, Light Sleeper, Never Nude, Born Salesperson, Commitment Issues, Easily Impressed, Mooch, Great Kisser and Technophobe... wow maybe I should use some of these for a later sim
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 5:32 PM
The only bad trait is the trait that doesn't affect gameplay much.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 7:23 PM Last edited by Spamaccount : 28th Dec 2017 at 8:36 PM.
I don't use most of the Ambitions traits much, Born Sales(wo)man, Eccentric, or Savvy Sculptor. The most amount of sims I have with one of those traits is 5, whereas some of my most overused ones have about 25 different sims with the trait. It's the same for Proper, Brooding and Supernatural Skeptic/Fan, or Loves the Cold/Heat, and Avant-Garde. I like some of them, but a lot of the expansion traits feel underdeveloped. For the base game the only trait I never use much is Never Nude, though Slob and Insane are both rarely assigned too.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 7:38 PM
Absent-minded, vehicle enthusiast, insane. Insane and inappropriate both drive me nuts because of the clothing changes but it is still kinda fun to have applied randomly to a sim in the family. Absent-minded I just hate because it seems like the only thing it does it fuck up my queued actions. Unflirty is another one I don't personally use.

I really, really like klepto. I sometimes make an insane sim a kleptomaniac, with a bunch of other odd or imo unlikable traits and end up having a pretty fun time.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 7:52 PM
I haven't used: Absent-minded, Vehicle Enthusiast, Born Salesperson, Can't Stand Art, Technophobe, Never Nude, Hydrophobic, Perceptive, Photographer's Eye, No Sense of Humor, and Diva. Some of them don't make sense so I don't bother with them.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 10:51 PM
Avant Garde, Diva - Just get over yourselves already.
Never Nude - Well...ditto, really.
Unstable - Got enough of that to deal with IRL.

Absent-Minded - I actually like this one but only in very small doses.

Not understanding all the hatred for Can't Stand Art. It's a perfect trait to go along with Hates the Outdoors for a Street Artist. If you like a challenge, that is, in much the same way that Dislikes Children is perfect for those in the Education career.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 12:42 AM
Boring/Pointless: Heavy Sleeper, Light Sleeper, Vehicle Enthusiast, Never Nude, Loves to Swim, Born Sales(wo)man (I hardly ever use the consignment stores).
Annoying: Absent-Minded- I only use this if I'm basing a sim off of a fictional character that has that as part of their personality.
Boring AND annoying: Hydrophobic.
Gross: Slob. If there was an anti-passing gas hack I'd use that, but a brief Google search says no.
Only if I'm giving them a certain career: Perceptive, Natural Born Performer, Star Quality.
Conflicts with my style of gameplay: Dislikes Children, Commitment Issues, Hates the Outdoors (although I will use these three very occasionally), Can't Stand Art- I heard sometimes that clutter counts as art. I'll decorate the way I want to, thank you! Also, Inappropriate- huge homewrecker trait! It breaks up couples when I'm not around to stop it. This is the only one I've officially banned from my towns.

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 1:07 AM
Unstable, because I don't like my sims' traits changing. Even when I'm playing a game where I'm using the randomize feature to get traits for variety, I'll re-roll that one.

I don't like using ones that are too skill or action specific, like savvy sculptor or born salesman, since I don't feel like they add much personality to a sim. Vehicle enthusiast is another filler one I don't see a point to.

I agree with what others have said about "bad" traits making fun sims. I prefer to give most of my sims at least one negative or quirky trait just so they aren't too dull to play.
Scholar
#19 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 1:14 AM Last edited by Elynda : 29th Dec 2017 at 1:25 PM.
Quite often, when I'm making a family of sims, I use the random button to choose their traits and I allow myself to change one (and only one) if its something I can't work with. That would include things like Loner, Unstable and Technophobe. That last one I particularly dislike - I mean, in many ways you could call me a technophobe, but here I am sitting in front of a computer, and I've even been known to watch TV if there's anything decent on.

As well as that the only time I've ever deliberately used the Hydrophobic trait is for a sim who's supposed to be a human/feline hybrid, so it sort of fits.:

These are two combinations of traits I will be wary of using in the same household in future:

LILLIAN FORDYCE: No sense of humour, Good, Proper, Snob, Mean Spirited.

CRESSIDA FORDYCE: Good sense of Humour, Adventurous, Virtuoso, Vehicle Enthusiast, Mean spirited.

These two are mother and daughter, and I just cannot leave them alone together! They are continually at each other's throats. When she was a teen Cressida spent most of the time booby trapping the house and being bawled at by Lillian over it - it has frequently come to blows. I thought when she aged up she'd mellow a bit, but nope, she's still at it. I've found it impossible to keep those two on friendly terms.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Forum Resident
#20 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 1:43 AM
Proper, Vehicle Enthusiast, Hydrophobic, and Technophobe.
Scholar
#21 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
The last three I have had occur through randomized traits in my families and I hated them. Hydrophobic makes them complain about showering, No Sense of Humor is weird to me because it seems... weird to just not have one... and Grumpy just has this stupid, high chance of waking up with a bad moodlet.

I love grumpy sims! I love that they just wake up out of sorts and how much self-control to go through your day feeling upset and out of sorts and not pick a fight with anyone and be polite to the checkout girl. I've had a few grumpy sims and they're always my favorite because they're not uniformly happy all the time. It's not even that big of a negative hit, I just make sure their homes are well decorated and they achieve their goals and they're not any less successful than any others.
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 3:36 AM
what? i get that a lot of the traits may be pointless but those are a lot! lol

but i mostly only not play with ambitions traits too. however i love having no sense of humor, avant garde, evil, diva, unflirty, etc mentioned. it creates so much funny situations in my game! but i guess i'm okay with it because i have a lot of sims that i don't mind some useless traits.
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto

That's weird - one of mine has hydrophobic (randomized), and he prefers showering over bathing. Maybe cos bathing seems too much like swimming.

When I'm making a sim in CAS, I like to give them one negative trait, for realism.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 8:42 AM
Vehicle Enthusaist. Because the way it's implemented is downright creepy.

Thanks, I hate it.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 10:11 AM
I like to make a lot of evil and innapropiate Sims so I don't typically use friendly or good. Bookworm is annoying because I don't want to watch my sim reading all day which they will do if I add bookshelves to my lot regardless of their traits. Plus the animation for reading is stiff. I wouldn't mind reading if the poses and animation were more relaxed and natural looking.
As for other traits if they only add moodlets or pump up skill I don't use them.

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Page 1 of 4