Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 3:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE not opening anymore
I know it's a bit late to post this now because Sims 2 is old but please still help me. I can't open it but I swear I have used it before and made a lot of paintings through it but for some reason, I can't open it anymore. I played this game again to relive my childhood and it really means a lot to me if you helped me with this. Thank you guys.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 3:55 AM
Moving to help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 6:12 PM
Do you have the latest version of SimPE and the needed plugins?
Here is a very detailed instruction with links to everything you need for it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 1:56 AM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by BinahLaGoaty
Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for replying. I'll try this and hopefully, SimPE works again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BinahLaGoaty
I followed almost everything but can't proceed because I still can't open the application itself. Which is weird because I used to use it all the time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 1:31 PM
Default SimPe doesn't open at all!
Please help me I just want to turn my screenshots into paintings. I don't know what happened but I can't open it anymore. I eve tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but it still didn't work. I even tried to reinstall the game but still doesn't work. I even tried updating the framework and installing the plug-ins(which is odd because I never needed them before but still worked) but I still can't open it. I know a lot of you here are experts. Please help me.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:05 PM Last edited by maxon : 12th Jan 2018 at 5:58 PM.
Moved to Help since you're more likely to get some 'help' here. Also merging this thread with your previous one - please don't post multiple threads on the same topic.

What version of SimPE are you using? You really don't need to reinstall the game for this - it has absolutely no connection to SimPE running.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:26 PM
Do you get an error message? And what does it say?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Moved to Help since you're more likely to get some 'help' here. Also merging this thread with your previous one - please don't post multiple threads on the same topic.

What version of SimPE are you using? You really don't need to reinstall the game for this - it has absolutely no connection to SimPE running.

I understand and I am very sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Do you get an error message? And what does it say?

I got none. It just loads but it doesn't open at all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 10:15 AM

I was using the .73 version then switched to .72 because it wasn't working. I thought switching to .72 was a good idea but it still didn't open.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#12 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:22 PM
Has it just all of a sudden stopped working? Or have you changed anything with it? I'm sure you have turned off you computer, but sometimes when you switch on the computer and try to open an application it just stays with the loading cursor and when this happened I'd just restart. And when replying to multiple posts, you can put in the poster's name like this @Chet R. Chase and reply to each post instead of multiple posting.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Has it just all of a sudden stopped working? Or have you changed anything with it? I'm sure you have turned off you computer, but sometimes when you switch on the computer and try to open an application it just stays with the loading cursor and when this happened I'd just restart. And when replying to multiple posts, you can put in the poster's name like this @Chet R. Chase and reply to each post instead of multiple posting.

Oh sorry, my mistake. I just forgot to say something that's why I made a lot of replies. I haven't done anything with it except for of course installing CEP. I tried uninstalling CEP then running it but still no luck.

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 4:00 PM
Version 73 is the later one and works well - though it is the non-installable version. What you can do is download or get your back up of the fresh zip and re-extract. Sometimes, SimPE gets moody about starting and what I usually find effective is to boot out the old version and just get a new copy of the files. If it doesn't work then, it's something on your system preventing it - you could try running in administrator mode.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 5:15 PM
Version 73 is the later one and works well - though it is the non-installable version. What you can do is download or get your back up of the fresh zip and re-extract. Sometimes, SimPE gets moody about starting and what I usually find effective is to boot out the old version and just get a new copy of the files. If it doesn't work then, it's something on your system preventing it - you could try running in administrator mode.

I'm sorry if I am such a nuisance. I know it's not your obligation to help me but you're still helping so thank you. I have done that before and also running administrator mode. I tried disabling my antivirus but still no luck. I have seen an older thread that is similar to my problem and someone replied to them with a link to the forum but the forum is not accessible anymore. I think that may be the solution though unfortunately, it's not available. I have been looking for a fix on google too but I can't find any.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 10:06 PM
@Chet R. Chase please do not double, triple or quadruple post, it's against site rules. if you have more to add and your post does not need bumping use the edit button.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 2:03 AM
If you have the possibility try to open it on a different computer. Just to see whether the problem is your computer or SimPE itself.

You say it worked before. Was that a long time ago?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 4:43 AM
@joandsarah77 I understand now. I am new to posting so please pardon my ignorance and forgive me.

@lientebollemeis No, it wasn't really a long time ago. It suddenly stopped working the moment I made a lot of custom paintings using CEP.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:31 PM
Hey, It's been days now and I'm not getting a reply, but I understand that everyone's busy. So I have been noticing some changes. Apparently, I can't open Clean Installer and lot adjuster as well! I think the problem is my PC. Should I reformat? But how can I save my lots and my sims?

Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chet R. Chase
Hey, It's been days now and I'm not getting a reply, but I understand that everyone's busy. So I have been noticing some changes. Apparently, I can't open Clean Installer and lot adjuster as well! I think the problem is my PC. Should I reformat? But how can I save my lots and my sims?

As I said before, if you can try it on another pc first.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
As I said before, if you can try it on another pc first.

I have tried it. I apologize for my late reply. I really think that my PC is the problem or maybe because I have too many mods. I know this is out of the blue but if you know how to save my sims and lots without doing massive damage to my game, would you please kindly guide me?

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:45 PM
It's nothing to do with any mods - SimPE doesn't read them unless you open up the files manually. The most likely culprit is your permissions I would think.

If you want to save your game, the quickest and easiest thing to do is simply save the sims folder in My Documents

C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

Though if there's too much you can leave out some of the stuff.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 4:14 PM
It's nothing to do with any mods - SimPE doesn't read them unless you open up the files manually. The most likely culprit is your permissions I would think.

If you want to save your game, the quickest and easiest thing to do is simply save the sims folder in My Documents

C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2

Though if there's too much you can leave out some of the stuff.

I use Microsoft .net framework but with a newer version instead of 2.0. Could this be a problem?

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#24 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chet R. Chase
I use Microsoft .net framework but with a newer version instead of 2.0. Could this be a problem?

No - it works fine with all the later versions of net framework (that came with Windoze).

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 3:13 AM
No - it works fine with all the later versions of net framework (that came with Windoze).

Should I factory reset my PC? I think it does this because I accidentally deleted all the sims files before uninstalling them when I reinstalled. I used RevoUninstaller and deleted game files including the uninstaller before uninstalling.

Page 1 of 2