Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Shower/Tub Combo Backless

by HugeLunatic Posted 30th Apr 2008 at 2:15 AM - Updated 14th Jan 2009 at 4:21 AM by HugeLunatic : adding non pets version...

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 167 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 1st May 2008 at 11:46 PM
These are woderful. I use the Maxis ones due to cost, but have always performed a remodel when my sims could afford it. Now, I won't have to! Thank you!

Albert - 2/14/1990-6/2007 He was no dog, he was my short, furry, four-legged, person. And I miss him.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 2nd May 2008 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tania-lee
I to would like to say thankyou, I didn't like using the maxis tub in my game but now I will use it more often. Must ask though I love the fish on the wall! Where can I find these? Keep up the great work, look forward to seeing more. Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!

@ tania-lee: The fish on the wall came with "Family Fun Stuff Pack". I don't have this SP, but saw it on screenshots.
______

Very usefull! Now, I can build realistic looking bathrooms! Nice decorated screenshots...

Question: I hope it is allowed to ask where you get those window curtains?
Field Researcher
#53 Old 2nd May 2008 at 2:36 AM
Love these. The back made me hesitate using the original unless the bathroom was placed correctly. And it's great you used repository...have a great set of solid recolors for those tubs and showers already. :D
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#54 Old 2nd May 2008 at 3:19 AM
Thanks everyone! For the download and the thanks! :D

I will adjust the requirements, I'm sorry but they will require Pets. Such a noob when it comes to ep's required...

I do not have Free Time, so that option is not enabled. And probably won't be since I play on a mac. Therefore all the files and new interactions are not available to me.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 2nd May 2008 at 3:40 AM
Thanks for doing what Maxis didn't. They look fab !!!
Instructor
#56 Old 2nd May 2008 at 5:35 AM
Ohh I have wanted these for soooo darn long! Thank you tons!
Alchemist
#57 Old 2nd May 2008 at 10:11 AM
Simple ideas are the best, even if isn't simple realizing them! thank you, these items are really useful and wellcome
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#58 Old 2nd May 2008 at 3:55 PM
HugeLunatic,

I'm happy to report that these do not require Pets -- only Pets *or later*. I just tested them in Base/NL/OfB/Seasons/FT, and they work perfectly fine.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#59 Old 2nd May 2008 at 10:46 PM
Omgosh.
I've been waiting forever for someone to do this.
This is absolutely fantastic!
:D
Test Subject
#60 Old 2nd May 2008 at 10:49 PM
I just have to say I love you. I could never understand why the tubs didn't have showers and the only combo was so bizarre. Thank you immensely!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#61 Old 3rd May 2008 at 1:58 AM
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 3rd May 2008 at 2:56 AM
This is so much like Inge Jones's Backless shower/tub. It's nice that you added the backless shower and linked to EAxis. Thanks!

[
Instructor
#63 Old 3rd May 2008 at 5:22 AM
This is a great idea!! Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 3rd May 2008 at 9:57 AM
As plasticbox discovered, it may not require Pets, but I couldn't get it to work with my config. I've got Base, NL, & UNI.

Albert - 2/14/1990-6/2007 He was no dog, he was my short, furry, four-legged, person. And I miss him.
Test Subject
#65 Old 3rd May 2008 at 11:42 AM
Great Idea. Thank you so much!! =3

l Alternative Rock 4 Sims 2 l

"And If All That Can't Hold You Back.
Then I'll Jump For You..."

Tokio Hotel - Don't Jump/Spring Nicht
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#66 Old 3rd May 2008 at 1:34 PM
Test Subject
#67 Old 3rd May 2008 at 4:58 PM
Just read through the thread to make sure I wasnt missing something and Im glad to hear that you will try to fix it so it works even if you dont have pets or later EP:s. I realy liked this dwl but as I only have basegame, NL and OFB it didnt work for me.
Thanks anyway for making great objects.
Test Subject
#68 Old 3rd May 2008 at 7:57 PM
Wonderful! Thank you so much.
Instructor
#69 Old 4th May 2008 at 4:01 AM
This is just brilliant! I never used those shower /bath combos because the colours were always "yuck!", plus the fact that the walls didn't go down made them awkward to play with. I love this idea - thank you!
Test Subject
#70 Old 4th May 2008 at 8:20 AM
This is totally awesome. I had one from WDS (I think...) but there weren't many colours. I love that you made yours so that it takes the textures from the main one! Many many thanks
*off to go looking for recolours*
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 4th May 2008 at 12:12 PM
I hope you get it working for pre-pets. I'm waiting with pinched nostrils. Oh, wait that's my sims waiting to shower.

Field Researcher
#72 Old 4th May 2008 at 1:32 PM
Perfect-Thankyou-I hated the back of the shower-hated re-colouring it too! Yay to only recolouring the curtain
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 4th May 2008 at 10:20 PM
I can't tell you how wonderful, and helpful this is. I had some wonderful recolors going to waste, because I hated how much the original tub blocked my view. Thank you!
Test Subject
#74 Old 5th May 2008 at 7:41 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 9th May 2008 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Thank you so much this is awesome bout time someone did something about the bath/shower & shower.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 6th May 2008 at 9:46 AM
this is just a fabulous idea! Well done.

Do you think you would make one without needing the pets ep?
I've never bought pets for the simple reason that the original sims pets ep bugged me.

"Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever".
R.I.P Brandon Lee
Page 3 of 8