Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 3:09 AM Last edited by deathBYflies : 5th Oct 2017 at 9:10 PM.
Default Make memories repeatable?
I'd like to know if it's possible to edit a single occurrence memory file in SimPE so that it will repeat.

Obviously, there are memories such as "met aliens" or "had an accident" that will be added to a Sim's history every time time they occur, whereas other memories, such as "kissed.." and "made out with.." etc. never occur twice between the same Sims. It seems a pity to me.

I wouldn't have noticed it but for two Sims I sent out on a date who kissed but didn't get a memory of it. Then I realised they'd dated, kissed and made out before, back in their teens. Maybe it isn't such a big deal but, like so much I'm still discovering of TS2 after all these years, it irks!

Anyway, I'd be interested to know what any TS2 memory experts have to say on the matter. Thanks.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 11:39 AM
It's definitely possible. I don't know how to do it, but that's another story.

I'd start by cloning a memory with all the OW options unticked (this makes it a default replacement rather than a new memory), and looking at the BHAVs. Opcode 0x2000 (Sub - Add Memory) takes an argument called "Unique Per Sim". I'd imagine if you change the value of that arg you'd probably get the outcome you're looking for, though I don't know what all the values are or if there are any other spots in the BHAVs you'd have to edit.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#3 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 3:18 PM
Memories are always applied using the 'CT - Add Memory' op-code, for sim to sim memories that usually calls the semi-global 'Sub - Add Memory Subject as nID' with four parameters.
Param 0 is Owner Nid, Param 1 is subject Nid, Param 2 is quality (Gold, Silver or Bronze). Param 3, the last one is the one you want which can be 0 for repeatable, 1 for unique or 2 for unique per sim.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Ooh... thanks, fellas!

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Memories are always applied using the 'CT - Add Memory' op-code, for sim to sim memories that usually calls the semi-global 'Sub - Add Memory Subject as nID' with four parameters.
Param 0 is Owner Nid, Param 1 is subject Nid, Param 2 is quality (Gold, Silver or Bronze). Param 3, the last one is the one you want which can be 0 for repeatable, 1 for unique or 2 for unique per sim.

This is really interesting. I shall away to the basement and experiment!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 12:58 AM Last edited by deathBYflies : 18th Oct 2017 at 2:14 AM.
Hmmm... I'm not having much success with this. So far I've:

Opened a memory pkg in SimPE (Plug-in View)/Behaviour Function (BHAV) (7)/CT - Add Memory/...

...and drawn a blank. Unfortunately, I don't understand enough about the various panels and bits of code, so all I'm doing is a Claudio Ranieri... tinkering!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:32 AM
In the Instruction Settings area pf the plugin view, click the little tools button to open a wizard which allows you to change the arguments being passed to that BHAV.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
In the Instruction Settings area pf the plugin view, click the little tools button to open a wizard which allows you to change the arguments being passed to that BHAV.

Eureka! That did the trick. Quite simple really... when I stopped tinkering with things I should've left well alone.

A big thanks for your help.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 11:16 PM
Memories are certainly repeatable. It is never as good as the first memory though. That's called nostalgia.