Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
just a girl
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 5:34 PM
Default Updating BHAV that was in the middle of running on lot save
Say, I modified an interaction that was taking place when I saved. I guess, the game doesn't like when BHAV code changes in the middle of it running. I've observed such effects as object reset, flashing blue, weird animation, displaced parts, and worse -- game crash on lot load. Is there a way to prevent these problems?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 4:06 PM
I do that often and never had it cause a crash or flashing blue. When the lot saves the current running op-codes are also saved so somtimes changes aren't immediate, if the changes change the 'tree' that is branches added, changed or removed then the game will usually reset that item (and any sims using it) which is probably the safest outcome.
Almost always an op-code is saved during an idle period or animation because they take time while the rest runs by so quickly it's unlikely to be at any other point when you save. If you keep those idle and animations at the same line numbers so it can come out of them at the same point it went in when saved you may get a better result.
just a girl
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 12:35 PM Last edited by Lamare : 30th Sep 2017 at 12:46 PM.
So spaghetti code really is a necessity When it comes to updating old stuff, anyway.
I've tested this on my bed related mod and it had no side effects at all.

Will test some more in different circumstances and diff. mods, but so far so good. Thank you, Chris. This rule should be somewhere in a 'must read' section for all modders.