Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 8:17 AM
Default A routine you hate most
Out of the regular routines you do, there's probably one you hate with a vengeance.

My hated routine is clothing shopping. I wear 2X to 3X tops, depending on manufacturer and I'm a 4X to 6X for bottoms (again, manufacturer guidelines) so I somehow strike out at the skinny girl's store AND the fat girls' store. I usually buy my clothes in both the men's department and women's Plus department at Walmart.

If you like a girl who has junk in the trunk, I'm probably suitable for such frivolity. But part of me is still waiting on my test results as to why I stayed at one weight. I may end up buying all new clothes once they put me on medication.

And that's another thing. I tolerate doctor visits, but they still piss me off because it means I get the munchies after exposing ANY part of my being.

So these routines are reason enough to be grumpy.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 11:15 AM
Clothes shopping drives me insane. I love it, but at the same time the sizes are ridiculous. We got a new Primark in town recently that everyone's flocked to. Bare in mind, I'm a size 10 top, 14 bottom (UK sizes) and in the end I left with: 2 size 16 tops, 3 size 14 tops, 1 size 10, a size 16 pair of shorts and 3 men's size M t-shirts (because eventually I just gave up and bought from the much cheaper, simple sized men section). Don't even get me started on bra sizes...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 1:57 PM
Shopping for clothes and shoes. When I was younger, I almost had to be dragged kicking and screaming into those kinds of shops. Nowadays not so much, but it's not something I do for pleasure's sake, only for the "I need new clothes, let's get this over with" kind of reason. It's not so much that I now can't find clothes that fit, but I used to have problems finding clothes that fit when I was younger. Nowadays it comes more down to the fact that I hate 85% of the fashion that's sold, 10% either doesn't come in my size or looks weird on me, and the remaining 5% is so well hidden I have to visit every shop in 2-3 cities to find it. My idea of going shopping never includes clothes unless I actually need something new.

Shoes are a nightmare. At the moment I have roughly 10 pairs of shoes I frequently or infrequently use, bought over a ten-year period (two pairs of sneakers, one for work and one for outside use, that I use 70-80% of the time put together, the rest are for winter, rain, 3 rather old ones for partying, and probably a couple more. I've had several pairs of sneakers, but the older ones are all worn out). Shoes are mostly made for people with long, narrow feet. Mine are short, and wide in the front. Most shoes are uncomfortable, and I usually end up buying a size that's a little too long because otherwise my feet won't fit. Sneakers tend to be slightly easier to find, but anything else is close to impossible.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 10:38 PM
I've developed a messed up sleep schedule since school got out. I'm up till 3:30am - 4:00am when it starts to get light out. It was fine when it was my friends party, awful when it's me at home alone. Also I need to get back to running again.

WowoW it's a badly hidden owo UwU Yeet skeet Idk what I'm doing
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 12:54 AM
Doctor visits, especially if the doctor in question is rigid and doesn't budge in his thinking outside the textbooks he learned from. Then we get the joy of going to a chemist and being talked to like 2 year olds by the pharmacists, some of whom think they have the authority to overturn the doctors decisions. No, you're glorified cashiers and you are not a doctor, so just do your job and follow his instructions. I don't care what beef you have with him and how you wish you were in his job, because you're not. This process is 10 times as annoying if the medication in question should be over the counter but isn't thanks to nanny or control happy government.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 6:45 AM
I'm no fan of clothes shopping either. Especially when I have too many shirts.

I updated my signature, but I still don't know what to add here!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Shopping for clothes and shoes. When I was younger, I almost had to be dragged kicking and screaming into those kinds of shops. Nowadays not so much, but it's not something I do for pleasure's sake, only for the "I need new clothes, let's get this over with" kind of reason. It's not so much that I now can't find clothes that fit, but I used to have problems finding clothes that fit when I was younger. Nowadays it comes more down to the fact that I hate 85% of the fashion that's sold, 10% either doesn't come in my size or looks weird on me, and the remaining 5% is so well hidden I have to visit every shop in 2-3 cities to find it. My idea of going shopping never includes clothes unless I actually need something new.

Shoes are a nightmare. At the moment I have roughly 10 pairs of shoes I frequently or infrequently use, bought over a ten-year period (two pairs of sneakers, one for work and one for outside use, that I use 70-80% of the time put together, the rest are for winter, rain, 3 rather old ones for partying, and probably a couple more. I've had several pairs of sneakers, but the older ones are all worn out). Shoes are mostly made for people with long, narrow feet. Mine are short, and wide in the front. Most shoes are uncomfortable, and I usually end up buying a size that's a little too long because otherwise my feet won't fit. Sneakers tend to be slightly easier to find, but anything else is close to impossible.

I understand your feelings about shoe shopping. I have big and wide feet so its really hard to find shoes that are comfortable,due to the majority of shoes being so narrow. Its takes me ages to find a pair that's comfortable I usually end up wearing the same pair of shoes until they are completely wrecked.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 3:47 AM
Installing plumbing or electronics.

Electronics is not as bad as plumbing, but the wires become a spaghetti junction and if an animal chews it until damaged, I am force to shell out money to buy the replacement. Then, it comes down to programming switchboxes, which, depending on the feeds, require the banana cables or their HD equivalent, which I have yet to encounter regularly. Then it's a matter of whether or not to invest in 3rd party wireless controllers. Seeing as I have a cat who chews, I may have to invest in such.

Plumbing is something I have little experience with. Due to my height being under 5'6", you can only imagine the difficulties of installing fixtures. My biggest complaint is the toilets at my house are low flow, so clogs are common. I don't use much TP, but like clockwork, the toilet has trouble flushing. About every two weeks, it becomes severe enough to break out the plunger.

In the past, I used to gripe about dishes, but thankfully, I find it to be a non issue.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Test Subject
#9 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:23 PM
I really hate shopping for clothes I just know I have to do it, but shopping for them is a nightmare for me.
I am so glad we can shop for clothes online these days.
Scholar
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 2:22 AM
To be honest... Sleeping.

Let me explain, it isn't exactly sleeping itself, it's falling asleep. I have so many problems falling asleep that it is very stressful for me. I want to fall asleep on time and get a good night's rest, but I sometimes lay awake in bed for an hour or two or more.. =(

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#11 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 2:28 PM
You know how you can't really enjoy Sundays, because that means it's Monday tomorrow and then you have to work? Yeah, I hate that. Because I feel that all the time, the hours before a doctor's appointment, the time between my boyfriend saying he'll go home and him actually leaving, the day before starting a new job. I don't know what to do, I get so restless and don't know what to do with myself.

Also, brushing my teeth. I just really hate it.