Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 11:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Bugged elevators on community lot; replacing them causes routing errors and CTD
So I have a club with three floors - a lobby and the club itself, with the entrance on the club's upper flor. Two elevators per floor. All elevators are bugged and cannot be used from upstairs, causing incoming Sims to pile up and get stuck. When replacing the elevators, all Sims waiting upstairs throw routing error notifications but then promptly start walking into the elevators. After 4 Sims have entered the elevators, the game freezes and crashes to desktop. This exact situation has happened three times to me now, everytime under the same circumstances and with the same results.

There's two alternatives and two buts:
  • Go to Build/Buy and move the Sims downstairs to the upper club floor. The Sims will then effectively still be in the lobby, and as such they won't be visible if you go down a floor. Sims will also get stuck repeatedly and try to use the stairs.
  • Wait for the club to close in about 7 Sim hours' time and hope there won't be a problem the next day This, of course, means I'll have to play forward another Sim day, and I can't guarantee the problem will be gone the next day.

NRaas GoHere also produced an error log with a whopping 35 kilobyte size, which I've included in in the spoiler tag below.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 12:40 AM
bluegenjutsu has an elevator mod with 2 versions over on TFM's Sims Asylum that may help, 'Faster Loading and Moving of the Elevators'

From the description:
I made this mod to fix the problem I was seeing with sims taking a long time to wait for other sims to get into the elevators in order for the elevator to move to the selected floor. Also, in the residential elevators that your sim would use for their own places of residence, I noticed that it took longer than needed for sims to get from one level to another.
I made a second version of this mod that also edits that file and the ElevatorDoors XML file. This version was made to improve the timing of the animations for the doors opening and closing and your sim entering and leaving the elevator. This version will conflict with any other mod that edits this file and also with the other version in this post. So only use one version. You only need to install this second version if you think the timing for the elevator doors looks off to you. The second version is named V2.

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-late-night-ep/ (free registration or log in required to view and download)

Another option would be to add a set of spiral stairs for the impatient, stuck, athletic Sims who want to travel old-school.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 1:29 AM Last edited by igazor : 7th Aug 2017 at 2:09 AM.
Script log interpretation is a service provided at NRaas. But there's some low-hanging fruit there.

This isn't going to solve your elevator routing problem most likely, but are you aware that your versions of MasterController and DebugEnabler are so old that they were intended for Patch 1.48? That can't be helping anything. You also have stale versions of Overwatch and ErrorTrap, although not quite as outdated.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LeeAlee
Another option would be to add a set of spiral stairs for the impatient, stuck, athletic Sims who want to travel old-school.

My thoughts exactly, but since the lobby floor has one of those double-height wall heights, it wouldn't let me place spiral stairs even with moveObjects.
I'll look at your mod once I figure out what the hell my account on the Asylum was called again.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
This isn't going to solve your elevator routing problem most likely, but are you aware that your versions of MasterController and DebugEnabler are so old that they were intended for Patch 1.48? That can't be helping anything. You also have stale versions of Overwatch and ErrorTrap, although not quite as outdated.

Wait, uhm, really? How can you tell, @igazor?
And what do you mean by "stale" versions?
I think I merged all my NRaas mods into a singular .PACKAGE at one point, and I carry my Mods folder over from old installs and PCs to new ones. My old PC is from late 2012, which should explain why I have MasterController and DebugEnabler for a patch from around that time.
So if I get rid of that merged .PACKAGE and update my NRaas mods, will all my settings be there?

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 9:18 PM
It's in the script log you posted behind the spoiler.

NRaasDebugEnabler: Version 50
NRaasDecensor: Version 14
NRaasDresser: Version 38
NRaasErrorTrap: Version 99
NRaasGoHere: Version 43
NRaasMasterController: Version 107
NRaasOverwatch: Version 118
NRaasRegister: Version 80
NRaasRelativity: Version 23
NRaasTraffic: Version 21
NRaasTraveler: Version 86

The bolded ones are not the current versions of each mod. I'm adding Register and Traveler to the "stale" list because new versions of each of those were moved to full release just the other day after a very long time in beta testing. MC and DE are so far out of date that they would be dangerous to have on Patch 1.67/69. On Overwatch and ErrorTrap (and now Traveler) you are missing out on a lot of improvements and silently running features.

This is one reason why using merged copies of script mods that are still in active development is not really such a good idea.

Yes, your settings will persist if you dump the merged versions and update everything. Mod settings exist in the game saves, not in the mod files themselves. And you may actually not see much difference in performance, but I would have to say that if so you have been really fortunate with the older versions all along.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
MC and DE are so far out of date that they would be dangerous to have on Patch 1.67/69.

Jeez, really? Those are the two ones I feel I rely most on - besides Overwatch, which I consider somewhat of a nuisance. But you're right, the files I have here are dated the 22nd of November, 2012.
They're actually not merged - seems I got rid of that file some time ago.
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll get right on it and report back on any particular improvements or results that might occur.
Wonder of any of the problems I'm having relate to this. Over the last few weeks I've had Sims reset while dancing, while sleeping, while routing (or failing to do so), and earlier this year I had a few completely unannounced, unexpected crashes.

insert signature here