Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 6:16 AM
Default The best or worst glitches you've personally experienced in games.
Hey guys, I thought this would be a good way for me to get my mind off of my depression. I know a lot of games out there have glitches in them in one form or another, so I'd like to hear some of your stories about any glitches you've personally had happen while playing a game. It could be something that was funny and completely harmless, it could be something that was game breaking, it could be something that was just weird, or any sort of glitch at all. I just think it would be nice to hear about some of the things that you've seen in the games you play.

I'll kick things off with one I had happen recently. While playing the game Sleeping Dogs on the PS3 I attacked a person that was near my car. The person fell through the car and also fell to the ground, so they were basically on the ground under the car. I decided I would try and pick the person up to attack some more, and when I did it launched not only my character but the character I picked up straight up into the air. It launched me pretty high up too, and when I landed it was instant death. Haven't seen too many glitches in that game, so it was pretty weird to see that happen.

I also just had a pretty weird one happen a few minutes ago which inspired me to make this topic. While playing GTA 5 on my PS3 I decided I would try and shoot that racist Uncle Sam looking guy that stands along the road near the prison. Of course I made the mistake of standing in front of him and he took off running. I jumped in my car to go after him, and he ended up running through an opening in a nearby fence. I drove right through it and ran over that racist jerk, then shot him a few times while he was down. I then noticed that a piece of the fence was stuck in the front bumper of my car. I sat there a while without driving, and the fence just kept twitching around for a while until it finally stopped. Then I took off driving for quite a while with this piece of fence just flapping around with the wind. I went several miles before it eventually fell off. I just thought that was pretty funny.

I know this part of the boards isn't very popular, but I'm hoping to at least hear some of your stories about glitches.
Advertisement
#2 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 4:38 PM
Sometimes, but not often. Mostly because of minor graphic glitch, except for one "dangerous" glitch: Mission in Assassin's Creed III, where my character and NPCs were stuck and couldn't complete the mission, so I had to restart the mission again and the mission completed.

Saints Row III, the character often stuck with repeating animation (whenever wanting to enter into helicopter's cockpit). Borderlands 2, the dead enemy is floating away from land with distant shadow and blood. Ecco The Dolphin, the dolphin character was out from actual ocean environment, oddly I could completed the mission because of that glitch.
The oscar award of the most glitchy games I've ever played? Goes to The Sims 2 and 3.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Instructor
#3 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 11:47 PM
Last night while I was playing The Sims 3 a Sim without changing clothes or my having a mod for it installed, just became 100% nude while he was in the middle of eating dinner, he was just sitting there and BAM! he was completely nude without any blurring or anything, one of the strangest glitches I have ever seen in a game.

I caught it with Fraps, sorry it is near the end of the video but you can see it here if you want. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RH34PhlPnc

It's just odd if you ask me.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
#4 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 4:35 PM
In Skyrim, the mammoths will sometimes randomly jump really high and die when hitting the ground. I've seen this a few times. Also, floating trees, dragons clipping though the ground, objects randomly getting stuck to other things, objects suddenly ending up under the table after grabbing one item, and all the other glitches that make Skyrim so fun.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Theorist
#5 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:36 AM
The annoying glitch in Postal Redux is taking 86 years to load each level in addition to the title screen. There's a glitch in Saints Row the Third and Saints Row IV that makes car engine sounds completely out of sync and the only way for me to fix it is to open a youtube video in firefox, pause it, and leave the window open. Fallout New Vegas, the entire game is a glitch that is fixable with mods. Dead Space 1 has an unacceptable mouse aim glitch that is like playing with mouse sensitivity set to very very low. Shantae games have a final boss glitch that takes everything you have collected and gives it to the boss to use against you, this glitch is actually in the devs brains when they were making it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 12:52 AM
I had a funny glitch in Skyrim. As my character was going down a road a flying horse appeared then came down on my companion before flying off again, I thought it was hilarious.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
#7 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
There's a glitch in Saints Row the Third and Saints Row IV that makes car engine sounds completely out of sync and the only way for me to fix it is to open a youtube video in firefox, pause it, and leave the window open.
Lol seriously.... that sounds hilarious and unfortunate at the same time, man.. feels like your game is really broken, so far I haven't encountered serious glitch in SR, just minor graphic and animation problem. In SR IV, my main character had a lot of glitchy floating issues.

Forgot to mention Sleeping Dogs, that game is glitchy paradise. So far I've ever encountered stretched main protagonist character when he's picking up fallen motorcycle to ride it, enemy won't be thrown into police car but glitchy floating. car that was placed in the middle of bridge, main protagonist character being stuck grappled because cannot get away from grappler type enemy no matter how fast F button or kick action I pressed so I had to quit the game to main menu then restarted the game again, food stall that randomized food which was not matching with the food stall name title << not sure was this glitch or feature

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 7:22 PM
Everything, in Superman 64, I thought it would be a great game, because it's Superman. Really bad guessing, isn't it?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#9 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 7:04 PM
Sometimes my character clips through things, like I remember in one game (can't remember the name) my character clipped through a wall and fell outside the world, I was so mad, and I had to start over again!

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita