Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2017 at 5:27 AM
Pre loaded nhoods?
I've installed the sims 1 ultimate collection on my laptop but windows 10 has forced me to get a no disk exe file to replace the old one. the game loads up fine with the music playing and all, but the loading screens from the expansions NEVER... END... and I don't mean they take too long they actually go reasonably quickly but then start all over again after the last one "loads." I asked this question some time earlier and was told that the way it was fixed was by grabbing an already loaded one but I have no idea where I'd find one... I mainly just want the first two that are already populated but the others would be nice too. Anyone know where I could find them?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th May 2017 at 10:42 PM
Windows 10 is unpleasant.

Do you mean the loading screens when switching between EP neighborhoods, like Magictown and Vacation Island? Does it happen when a sim tries to travel to these 'hoods, or when you're in the neighborhood view?
I'm not super familiar with how files work in regards to TS1 (I was eight and I think I only ever used ONE mod...). However, I still play Complete Collection from time to time and could probably figure out how to send you whatever files you need. Could you share the link to where they discuss these "already loaded" 'hoods?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th May 2017 at 5:25 AM
I thought the OP was referring to the loading screens that happen when you go into a neighborhood for the first time and they load the NPCs for each expansion, such as Hot Date Townies, Magic Folk, and Studio Stars and Fans. When you open a neighborhood for the first time, there's a loading bar and a dialog box for each expansion while the game populates the NPCs associated with them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th May 2017 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
Windows 10 is unpleasant.

Do you mean the loading screens when switching between EP neighborhoods, like Magictown and Vacation Island? Does it happen when a sim tries to travel to these 'hoods, or when you're in the neighborhood view?
I'm not super familiar with how files work in regards to TS1 (I was eight and I think I only ever used ONE mod...). However, I still play Complete Collection from time to time and could probably figure out how to send you whatever files you need. Could you share the link to where they discuss these "already loaded" 'hoods?

Agreed...

Actually my game just gets to neighborhood view and I get the loading screens for the expansions. They appear to work normally the little loading bar progresses and seems to complete but as soon as it gets to the final one (makin' magic) it freezes for a moment and goes back to whatever the first one was and it will do this continuously. I previously tried to get help on this problem here and the only solution I got was to grab a fully loaded nhood (the userdata folders) but I had no clue where to find any.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th May 2017 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I thought the OP was referring to the loading screens that happen when you go into a neighborhood for the first time and they load the NPCs for each expansion, such as Hot Date Townies, Magic Folk, and Studio Stars and Fans. When you open a neighborhood for the first time, there's a loading bar and a dialog box for each expansion while the game populates the NPCs associated with them.

Yes those are the ones that won't stop loading. :/
Instructor
#6 Old 30th May 2017 at 12:05 AM
AhhhhhHhHHHH I understand now. Sorry, it's been awhile.

I guess that would make sense, then, to take a file that already has the loaded NPCs if that's where your game is getting stuck. Doing the already-loaded hood thing could be worth a shot.
I'll let you know what I find!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th May 2017 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
AhhhhhHhHHHH I understand now. Sorry, it's been awhile.

I guess that would make sense, then, to take a file that already has the loaded NPCs if that's where your game is getting stuck. Doing the already-loaded hood thing could be worth a shot.
I'll let you know what I find!

Thanks, It's greatly appreciated!
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 4:13 PM
Default The Sims 1 - Open Loading
Well I had this problem too! But not now.... You need to run The Sims 1 as Administrator everytime you play the game