Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] BaseGameStarter Pro v.2.5

by Numenor Posted 5th Nov 2006 at 2:29 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:16 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Numenor Reason: Get the new AGS at [url]http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=250555[/url]
332 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 331 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 14
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 7:05 AM
Thank you very much for sharing
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 8:31 AM
For those who don't like to read much , here is a brief summary of the new features of the BGS v2.
  • Bon Voyage: now the BGS is compatible with BV.

• Celebration and H&M: the BGS now respect the order chosen by Maxis to publish these Stuff Packs; therefore the Up2CEL and Up2H&M games include Pets and Seasons, and will ask for those CD when starting (if you have Seasons or Pets, the Up2CEL and Up2H&M games will show the loading screen from Seasons or Pets, but with the loading music from CEL/H&M).

• The game folders are not renamed any more: starting with v.2, the BGS doesn't need any more to temporarily rename the game folders; therefore, you won't experience any "Can't rename folders" errors, and the Full game will be safe from renaming errors. Now the BGS follows a different logic (as suggested by Delphy): it temporarily modifies the path to the Documents in the Windows Registry (the Registry modification lasts for 30 seconds only, during the mini-game startup, and then the Registry is restored).

• Uninstalling the BGS: I've added an option in the first option screen to completely remove the BGS and all its components, including the mini-games folders (that were usually left behind by the standard uninstallation performed via the 'Add/Remove Program' panel).

• Non-standard characters in the Documents path are now correctly managed by the BGS; no need to manually modify the .bat files in the BGS folder.

• New option: 'Screen Resolution' - If the 800x600 resolution used so far was too small or too big for you, now you can set the screen resolution to 1024x768 or 640x480 (this setting doesn't affect the LegacyBS).

• New folder structure: starting from v.2, the BGS locates its folders in (Documents)\BaseGameStarter (and not in Documents\EA Games like before). The mini-games are now located in:
    (Documents)\BaseGameStarter\BaseGame
    (Documents)\BaseGameStarter\UNI
    (Documents)\BaseGameStarter\NL etc...
    The installer will automatically move the existing mini-games to the new location; nothing should be left in the EA Games folder, except the full game and a handy shortcut to the new BGS folder.
    The program files are now in (Documents)\BaseGameStarter\AppFiles: if you need help, you have to zip the 'AppFiles' folder and post it here.

• New internal code: the new BGS is much more stable and should not issue any error; however, this has been a major rewriting of the BGS, and therefore please go on reporting possible issues and oddities here.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:18 AM
I wouldn't know what to do with my game without your ideas.
Thank you so much - I always admire your talent and master coding.

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 12:09 PM
Yay, I can be one of the third to post a thanks post!
Bravo....

Gonna try it in my new game copy...

Grazie mille....
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 12:34 PM
Loader possible?
Is it possible to make them all in one loader like the one of bon voyage and not each with a separate icon?
(Thx for this nice application anyway)

Excuse my bad english, I'm German
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 1:09 PM
The Basegame Starter is such a relief... I never was completely sure if the stuff I've made would be competible with all ep's...I had to uninstall Eps to check this... and now it's so easy with your creation )) Thank you many many times
Instructor
#8 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 2:30 PM
You are a SUPER genius.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thelus
Is it possible to make them all in one loader like the one of bon voyage and not each with a separate icon?
(Thx for this nice application anyway)

If you want (or need) to set the game configuration every time, you can use the AnyGameStarter.
Besides, the (unfamous ) loader from Bon Voyage does NOT allow to exclude some EP or SP: it only starts the latest game installed.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 5:22 PM
So great to see this very handy tool updated for BV!
The new file path features sounds interesting - Great work Numenor
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 6:03 PM
Thank you very much for a highly desired update. I just love to make creations usable by everyone, no matter what EP they have. I didn't expect it so fast. You're just as amazing as always. Thanks again.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 6:17 PM
Thanks for this update! And the AnyGameStarter looks great too!

Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking.

My download guidelines and strange creations.
Theorist
#13 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 6:56 PM
ohhhh clean thread!
wwo thanks Numenor, Now what next... *ponders* :D

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 8:09 PM
Thanks for the update!

LaLunaRossa & The Sims
About Sims
You don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 8:42 PM Last edited by Atgnat : 27th Sep 2007 at 9:00 PM.
uhh, i get a corrupt file. tried ie, firefox, getright. all very small, very corrupt files.

Never mind. i have a shoddy connection. Thanks for the update!!

i'll get stuck in small room with you, any day. -- K Zoid

eXpresSims
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 9:35 PM
this might be form another thing, but scince it happened when i downloaded this, im suspicious...

MY NL EXPANSION UNINSTALLED ITSELF!!! (and i lost the serial code)

incase it will help, i installed nightlife as part of sims 2 deluxe so...

Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than for somebody.
- Franklin P. Adams
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:01 PM
When you say "NL uninstalled itself", do you mean that you just get an error message while starting the Full game saying "You have uninstalled NL"? Or the game files are actually missing (I mean the game files located in PROGRAM files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Nightlife)?

Will you please zip your folder: (Documents)\BasegameStarter\AppFiles and post it here?
I hope that the Deluxe edition doesn't install the NL expansion in a different way than the normal CD version...

Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:29 PM
Just dropped by to say thank you and the all people who helped you. You guys are absolutely brilliant and I'm really happy to see you managed to make this application even better than it was! Thank you so much for the excellent work! :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:39 PM Last edited by pollyg : 28th Sep 2007 at 4:55 PM. Reason: Attachment added
Thank you for updating BGS for Bon Voyage. The original version of your program was wonderful, but I'm having a terrible problem trying to run just the base game under V2.0:

When I use the "Base Game Only" shortcut, it tells me that I'm running the wrong version of the game and to insert the BV disc. It won't run with the BV disc either. Both are clean and have no visible faults.

I've tried installing BGS 2.0 twice, uninstalling between attempts, and have had the same results both times. I'm sure I must've missed something obvious. What am I doing wrong?

ETA: AnyGameStarter gives me the same errors, if that's helpful.
And again: Would the fact that there is Nero software running be causing my problems?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (27.3 KB, 18 downloads)
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 2:50 AM
You are, in fact, THE MAN. Thank you so much, Ever since I installed BV I've been in BGS withdrawal!

And, the new screen rs setting is perfect.

Muchas gracias!
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
When you say "NL uninstalled itself", do you mean that you just get an error message while starting the Full game saying "You have uninstalled NL"? Or the game files are actually missing (I mean the game files located in PROGRAM files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Nightlife)?

Will you please zip your folder: (Documents)\BasegameStarter\AppFiles and post it here?
I hope that the Deluxe edition doesn't install the NL expansion in a different way than the normal CD version...
ill check programs in a min, but it says that i have uninstalled and i cant access NL objects (such as cars, bowling ect), and its very annoying as i am trying to recreate my real house

Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than for somebody.
- Franklin P. Adams
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 7:39 AM Last edited by mogbog123 : 28th Sep 2007 at 7:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor

by the way, since i am a newbie and i dont know how i could post my zip here...it depends on weather you mean post to this thread or post to website itself (like its a download)

- Franklin P. Adams
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 7:40 AM
and one more thing i forgot, it does it with fullgamestarter and just clicking on seasons icon

- Franklin P. Adams
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 7:46 AM
strange...my ep2 files are there as part of the deluxe folder but downtown features and nl items ingame are gone...

- Franklin P. Adams
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 9:08 AM
To anyone asks for help - The description of the problem is important, but I can't do anything if you don't include your "AppFiles" folder as an attachment to your post.

In order to do that, open your Documents folder and then open the BaseGameStarter folder; right-click on the "AppFiles" folder icon and choose any option like "Compress in ZIP", "Create a ZIP", "Add to ZIP" or similar (RAR archives are fine, too).
When you have created the zip or RAR, come here to this thread and click the button "Go Advanced", located immediately under the text box (where you write your post).

In the new page that opens up, scroll down until you find the button "Manage Attachments".

Click the button, and a new small window will open up. Use the topmost "Browse" button to attach the zip or RAR.

When the upload is finished, close the attachment window, write your post and click "Submit Reply".

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14