Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Built-in Closet!!

by Marmy Posted 28th Aug 2006 at 10:50 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2006 at 4:07 PM by Marmy

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 82 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 10:51 PM
awesome dude

NOGGIN IS HERE PEEPS
Forum Resident
#3 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 11:18 PM
What timing! I was JUST going to go looking for something like this! I'm a closet person, and most house layouts look so silly done sim style with no closet items.

Now all I need is a sliding closet door and I'll have everything! XD
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 11:31 PM
Thank you so much for this. This will make our sims homes more realistic.

He wasn't always an EVIL monkey.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 11:33 PM
Thanks loads! I'll have to see if I can do a sliding door one....

Marmy
Forum Resident
#6 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 11:48 PM
This is awesome, thanks!
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 12:29 AM
Cool! Thanks!!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 12:48 AM
Uh...why isn't this featured? It seems like something that would be. Very original, thank you!

Do NOT upload any of my sims or houses to the exchange or in contests, please.
I have VERY high standards for what I download, so here are some of my favorite sites: Universal Sims, SimsRubiCon (clothing), Holy Simoly (objects), PeggySims 2 (hair), Gionovan Salvatore (accessories)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 1:43 AM
wonderful idea.
Thanks for sharing your hard work with us.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 2:01 AM
U'm I sent a registration but got no confirmation in my email
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 2:12 AM
I like this, but the fact that I am being forced to deal with simshost to get it...forget it.

Great idea tho, and it appears that you did a great job on it.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 2:24 AM
This is quite creative, thank you! Though (and I don't mean this as an insult to Marmy), I've got to agree with Nectere. I have enough accounts and really don't need a SimsHost one too.

Nonetheless, nice job!
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 2:53 AM
Err... I think I can clear things up for you guys. That message was originally posted at the SimHost board, were people actually needed a free acount to download it. When uploading the closet for this site she copied and pasted that message without realizing people didn't need an extra account. I downloaded this file and it worked just fine for me. Thank you very much for your work Marmy, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before this becomes featured (after all it was barely posted yesterday).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 3:08 AM
Thanks for pointing that out for me, Ghostman. I'll be sure and edit my post.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 4:19 AM
Thank you, Ghostman! I did find that odd, but have been having trouble downloading from MTS2 (I'm on dial-up, and the downloads here tend to be slow anyways), so I wasn't able to test it.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 7:43 AM
Thanks Marmy :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 8:01 AM
How'd you register an free account?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 8:32 AM
Awsome!

:)
Field Researcher
#19 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 10:01 AM
Thank you so much, great idea!!!

[URL = [url] http://www.thesimsresource.com/profiles/view.php?mid=137690] [/ url] My Space voldaan Sims 2 downloads ...[/ URL]

[url = http://www.missingstudios.com/sig.html] http://www.missingstudios.com/ms/signaturegenerator/finished/mysig_740754622.jpg [/ url]
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 10:03 AM
this is really cool, thanks. any chance for a single tile version?
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 10:58 AM
It says freebie in your description, but the link goes to Sim Host, and I also can not see where this would be free if unable to get the mesh as free. If there is a way around this I would appreciate to know it, as this is a great idea, which came from the sims 1. I miss having the built in closets.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 1:00 PM
Thank you, Marmy! This is destined to be a "Must-have" object.

Athena, try the download link again ~ the one under the screenshot thumbnails. It takes a bit of wait, but it'll come directly from the MTS2 server.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 1:30 PM
Amazing. Great work! Thank you very much.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 2:09 PM
The mesh itself is free. My site is hosted by SimsHost but they do have free accounts where you just register as though you were registering for a forum board, and you can download the object free of charge. I would not post an object on MTS2 that was not a free download and then say you can recolor it, but you have to pay for the mesh. I think that's just wrong. I do, however, want the mesh to remain on my site just like many artists here at MTS2 do with their meshes.

Quote:
this is really cool, thanks. any chance for a single tile version?

You bet! I'll see if I can get that one knocked out fairly quickly. I'm also going to try and work on making a closet door with a sliding door if I can get the animations right on it. When I get the closets done, I'll post them here on MTS2.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 3:37 PM
I love this, thank you!
Page 1 of 4