Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

AnyGameStarter v. 2.1.3 (for CD/DVD games) * UPD 29 Dec 2017

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2007 at 9:41 AM - Updated 28th Dec 2017 at 11:28 PM by Numenor

516 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 473 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 21
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 7:21 PM
How to use: STANDARD MODE
HOW TO USE THE AGS INSTALLER - "STANDARD MODE"
=======================================
(If you want to know more, read the Hint&Tips / F.A.Q. in Post #4)

By starting the installer in Standard Mode, you can create/replace an AnyGame using the full-feature AGS interface; you can also make permanent an existing AGS/BGS game, or delete an existing AnyGame.

Before doing anything, you have to LOCATE THE RIGHT ICON to start the installer.
Look at your desktop, and search for the "Standard Mode" icon:
If you can't find it, then double-click on the "AnyGameStarter_Setup.exe" that you have extracted from the rar downloaded from this thread: the "Standard Mode" icon should immediately appear on the desktop; if not, select the option "Force re-create icons" from the drop-down menu.

Now start the installer using the Standard Mode icon, and decide what you want to do:
  1. CREATE or REPLACE an AnyGame.
    This is the main function of the installer. You can create up to three highly customized AnyGames for every need; the AnyGames created this way are "temporary", meaning that the installer can delete, replace or uninstall them without any special warning (if you need a safer game, read on about the PermaGames).
    In order to create an AnyGame, follow this procedure:

• Step 1: Game Configuration.

In Standard Mode, the selection of the game configuration is mainly done using the EP/SP list; anyway, for your convenience, there are some pre-made game configuration already stored in the drop-down menu.
      You can freely include or exclude any of the listed Expansion, Stuff and Add-On packs (the list will include only the games the you own, of course). If you deselect all the packs, the installer will create a "base game only" AnyGame.

• Step 2: Additional Options.

The Standard Mode offers a lot of options: scroll down to see them all!
      Most of the options are quite self-explanatory, but anyway here is a detailed description of all of them.
      • AnyGame to create/replace: here you decide which of the THREE available "slots" should be used for the AnyGame that you are creating. If the slot is already taken by an existing AnyGame, the entry is "Replace AnyGameX"; otherwise you read "Create AnyGameX".
        NOTE: the "slots" are shared between normal AnyGames, and "BGS games" created using the special "BGS Mode" of this installer (old BGS games created with the outdated BaseGameStarter installer are separated, and don't use these slots).
        After choosing one of the three slots, you can optionally activate one of the following options:
        • Create additional "Legacy" BodyShop: this will create a second icon named "AnyBSX" that start a special BodyShop containing only the packs selected for the AnyGame; this is extremely useful when creating a sim, or cloning clothings, in order to avoid to unknowingly include stuff from unfrequently used packs (Celebration, Glamour, Holiday add-ons etc.).
        • Customize shortcut icon: by default, the installer identifies the game configuration and chooses the best icon available, from a wide pool of icons:

For example, if you create an AnyGame with UNI, NL and OFB, the game will identify it as a "Up2OFB game", and will choose the proper icon. But in case you want a specific icon to identify your AnyGame, then you can activate the option "Customize shortcut icon" and the installer will ask you to choose the desired icon, among the ones provided.
      • Type of game to create:
        • The "standard game" is the normal Maxis game with all the pre-defined neighborhoods, lots and sims (PleasantView, StrangeTown, Veronaville etc.); it's perfect for Legacy Games, but requires more disk space.
        • The "mini-game" contains only one small neighborhood, with one residential lot occupied by the reknown Randy and Rhonda Random ; the lot catalog contains only one residential lot, the family bin is empty. If needed, you can add the Maxis sub-NH (university, downtown, vacation etc.). Mini-games are suitable as test environments, because they are "clean" and load up quickly.
        • The "empty game" contains absolutely nothing: no NH, no lots, no families; it only contains some empty terrains (otherwise you couldn't create any new NH); if you are going to create a neighborhood to share, you should create it withing an "empty game". Please note that Maxis sub-NH are not allowed in empty games: you have to create new sub-NH from scratch, if needed.
      • Game resolution: choose whether you want the AnyGame to run fullscreen, or in a small/widescreen/large window.
      • Sound options: turn the game sound ON or OFF.
      • Game language: sometimes you may need to test a creation in a foreign game; using these options you can force the game to start in one of the listed languages. If you don't need to change the language, set it to "Original" (in brackets, you will read the default language used by your game).
      • Check for updates: activating this option, the installer will briefly go online to check if there are newer AGS versions available; if so, it will alert the user, suggesting to visit the official AGS thread (this one) to read the news and download the new version. This option, by default, is checked if an active internet connection is detected; otherwise it deselects automatically. If you deselect it manually, it will stay deactivated.

2. DELETE existing AnyGames.
    By selecting this option (at the bottom of the EP list, or from the drop-down menu), you can delete one or more existing AnyGames. In the next screen, you can choose which AnyGame(s) should be delete; if you select them all, the AnyGameStarter will completely uninstall itself, deleting all the AnyGames and all the icons from your desktop and the Start menu.
    NOTE 1: only the three AnyGames (along with the connected AnyBS) can be deleted; the AGS installer won't do anything to the Full Game, the PermaGames and the deprecated BGS games created with the old BaseGameStarter installer.
    NOTE 2: the "Delete" option only appears if at least one AnyGame is found.

3. Make PERMANENT an existing game.
    By selecting this task (at the bottom of the EP list, or from the drop-down menu), the installer can transform into a PermaGame (Permanent game) one of previously installed AnyGames, or one of the deprecated BGS games created with the old BaseGameStarter installer.
    I've included the PermaGame task for two main reasons:
    • bypass the 3-slot limit of the AnyGameStarter: sometimes we might need to have more than three AnyGames at the same time (for example, to quickly test an object in several different environments), so we can make some of them permanent, thus freeing one or more slots;
    • update and transform the old BaseGameStarter games into PermaGames, since the old BaseGameStarter is now obsolete, unsupported and incompatible with Mansion & Garden.

4. Force Re-create icons for "Standard" and "BGS mode".
    Usually, the installer detects if the said icons are missing and automatically re-creates them; but in case it doesn't, you can double-click on the main executable (AnyGameStarter_Setup.exe) and choose the option "Force Re-create icons for Standard and BGS mode" (found at the bottom of the EP list or in the drop-down menu). This will restore the missing icons on the desktop.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 7:25 PM
How to use: BASEGAMESTARTER MODE
HOW TO USE THE AGS INSTALLER - "BGS MODE"
=======================================
(If you want to know more, read the Hint&Tips / F.A.Q. in Post #4)

By starting the installer in BGS Mode, you can create/replace a AnyGame using the simplified "BaseGameStarter" interface; you can also make permanent an existing AGS/BGS game, or delete an existing AnyGame.

IMPORTANT: please don't confuse the new BGS-style AnyGames created with this AGS installer, with the old BGS games created with the deprecated BaseGameStarter installer:
- new BGS-style games can be created, deleted and made permanent;
- old BaseGameStarter games can only be made permanent (you can delete them only using the old BaseGameStarter installer).

Before doing anything, you have to LOCATE THE RIGHT ICON to start the installer.
Look at your desktop, and search for the "BGS Mode" icon:
If you can't find it, then double-click on the "AnyGameStarter_Setup.exe" that you have extracted from the rar downloaded from this thread: the "BGS Mode" icon should immediately appear on the desktop; if not, select the option "Force re-create icons" from the drop-down menu.

Now start the installer using the "BGS Mode" icon, and choose one of the entries from the drop-down menu. Please note that the BGS mode only works using the drop-down menu: there is no list of EP to select/deselect.
  1. CREATE a BGS-style game.
    This is the main function of the installer. Apart from the last couple lines, the entire drop-down menu is reserved to the various pre-made BGS games:

You can select from the list the desired "Only..." or "Up to..." game:
    • Only XYZ: these games contain only the named Expansion or Stuff pack.
    • Up to XYZ: these games include the named EP/SP, plus all the previous EP and SP (i.e. "Up to Pets" contains PETS, GLS, FFS, OFB, NL and UNI). The entries in the drop-down menu are in "chronological order", so that it's easy to know which are the "previous EP and SP" that will be included in the game.
    NOTE 1: In the BGS games, Store Edition is always excluded, as well as the Holiday packs; if you need to include those packs, you must run the installer in Standard Mode.
    NOTE 2: You can create up to three BGS games, one by one (it's not possible to create multiple games at once, like in the old BGS installer).
    NOTE 3: the created BGS games are considered "temporary", meaning that the installer can delete, replace or uninstall them without any special warning (if you need a safer game, read on about the PermaGames).

After clicking "NEXT", you are presented the Additional Options window (it's a simplified version of the Standard Mode one):

The BGS Mode offers a limited selection of options, most of which are quite self-explanatory, but anyway here is a detailed description of all of them.
    • AnyGame to create/replace: here you decide which of the THREE available "slots" should be used for the AnyGame that you are creating. If the slot is already taken by an existing AnyGame, the entry is "Replace AnyGameX"; otherwise you read "Create AnyGameX".
      NOTE: the "slots" are shared between the BGS games and the normal AnyGames created using the installer in Standard Mode.
    • Type of game to create:
      • The "standard game" is the normal Maxis game with all the pre-defined neighborhoods, lots and sims (PleasantView, StrangeTown, Veronaville etc.); it's perfect for Legacy Games, but requires more disk space.
      • The "mini-game" contains only one small neighborhood, with one residential lot occupied by the reknown Randy and Rhonda Random ; the lot catalog contains only one residential lot, the family bin is empty. If needed, you can add the Maxis sub-NH (university, downtown, vacation etc.). Mini-games are suitable as test environments, because they are "clean" and load up quickly.
    • Game resolution: choose whether you want the AnyGame to run fullscreen, or in a small/widescreen/large window.
    • Sound options: turn the game sound ON or OFF.
    • Check for updates: activating this option, the installer will briefly go online to check if there are newer AGS versions available; if so, it will alert the user, suggesting to visit the official AGS thread (this one) to read the news and download the new version. This option, by default, is checked if an active internet connection is detected; otherwise it deselects automatically. If you deselect it manually, it will stay deactivated.

2. DELETE existing AnyGames.
    By selecting this option (at the bottom of the EP list, or from the drop-down menu), you can delete one or more existing AnyGames (which includes standard AnyGames and BGS-style games). In the next screen, you can choose which AnyGame(s) should be delete; if you select them all, the AnyGameStarter will completely uninstall itself, deleting all the AnyGames and all the icons from your desktop and the Start menu.
    NOTE 1: only the three AnyGames (or BGS games created with this installer) can be deleted; the AGS installer won't do anything to the Full Game, the PermaGames and the deprecated BGS games created with the old BaseGameStarter installer.
    NOTE 2: the "Delete" option only appears if at least one AnyGame is found.

3. Make PERMANENT an existing game.
    By selecting this task (at the bottom of the EP list, or from the drop-down menu), the installer can transform into a PermaGame (Permanent game) one of previously installed AnyGames, or one of the new BGS-style games, or one of the deprecated BGS games created with the old BaseGameStarter installer.
    I've included the PermaGame task for two main reasons:
    • bypass the 3-slot limit of the AnyGameStarter: sometimes we might need to have more than three AnyGames at the same time (for example, to quickly test an object in several different environments), so we can make some of them permanent, thus freeing one or more slots;
    • update and transform the old BaseGameStarter games into PermaGames, since the old BaseGameStarter is now obsolete, unsupported and incompatible with Mansion & Garden.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 7:26 PM Last edited by Numenor : 28th Dec 2008 at 9:14 AM. Reason: Added FAQ "A-4" and "D-3"
Hint & Tips - FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
HINTS & TIPS / FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
==================================
  1. USING THE AGS INSTALLER

1. What is this "Mini-Game"? Why should I select this option, instead of the "Standard Game"?
      The Mini-Games are much smaller and faster to load, because they only contain one small neighborhood, without sub-NH. The mini-game neighborhood contains only one residential lot (Randoms' Retreat) occupied by a two-members sim family (Randy and Rhonda Random). The lot bin contain only one unoccupied residential lot and a community lot; the family bin is empty.
      This way, the mini-game is ready to be used for any test, but still is small and clean enough to be loaded very quickly. If you need to add a sub-neighborhood, the Maxis pre-made ones are available (universities, downtown, shopping districts, etc.). All the hidden lots, such as Witches' castles, Hobby secret lots, vacation hidden lots etc, are automatically created when you first enter the mini-game NH.

2. What is this "Empty Game"? What is the differences with the Mini-Game?
      The Empty Game, is even... empier then the Mini-Game; it contains no neighborhoods at all, and the lot/family bins are completely empty.
      Moreover, the Empty Game is set up so to prevent the game from creating the default lots and NPC: this way, you can create an empty neighborhood that is kept empty when you enter it: no sub-neighborhoods, no hidden lots, no default NPCs, nothing. The game will contain only things that you purposely create yourself.

3. I have different Windows accounts, used to play different copies of the game; is it a problem?
      Having multiple accounts is fine, but keep in mind some important facts.
      • The installer must always be run with administrative priviledges; if all the different accounts are administrative, there's no problem. If you want to run the AGS installer under a "user" account, you must use tho Vista option "Run as Administrator", or the XP option "Run as..." (and then select an Admin account).
      • The AGS installer works on a per-user basis: the mini-game installed under one account won't work under another account. In case you need the same mini-game under several accounts, you must run the AGS installer once per account.
      • The mini-games created by the installer must be run as administrator, too! This is because the mini-games need to temporarily modify some Registry keys in the "HK_Local_Machine" section.

4. I have some expansion on CD, and some other were bought online. Can I use the AGS installer?
      In some cases, there's a workaround, that allows - at least - a limited usage of the AGS even with online EPs; but in any case, my warning is still valid: the AGS is to be considered incompatible with the online EPs, because I don't have online versions and I can't run any test in such environment. If you want to try yourself, do it at your own risk.

The workaround is based to the fact that when you run an AnyGame, it actually runs the executable from the latest EP included in the AnyGame. Therefore, if you have some online EPs and some CD-versions, you can create and run an Anygame that includes, as the latest EP, a CD version.
      For example, if you have:
      - CD versions for UNI, PETS and BV
      - online versions for SSN, FT and AL
      then you can create an AnyGame that includes BV as the latest EP (thus excluding FT and AL); you can even include SSN in this AnyGame: the fact that SSN is an online game is irrelevant, since the "latest EP" is BV, i.e. a CD game!

IMPORTANT: When I talk about "EPs" I mean games that act as an Expansion Packs (not Stuff Packs); for example, if you have IKEA on CD, you CAN'T use it as "Latest EP" in an AnyGame!
      For your reference, here is a full list of games that act as Expansions, and therefore can be used as "Latest EP" in an AnyGame, if you own the CD:
      Base, UNI, NL, OFB, FFS, GLS, PETS, SSN, BV, FT, AL, MG.
      As you can see, some Stuff Packs (FFS, GLS and MG) act as Expansions, and therefore can be included in the AnyGame as "latest EP".

2. PLAYING THE INSTALLED GAMES

1. How can I install a lot or a custom Sim into a AnyGame, BGSgame or PermaGame?
      Very easy! Just drag & drop the Sims2Pack over the chosen game icon:

The Maxis installer or the CleanInstaller will open up, asking for confirmation: just confirm the default path and the lot (or sim) will be automatically installed in the right folder.

2. I have installed many different games, and now I don't remember what icon starts what game.
      The AGS installer does its best to assign a visually understandable icon and a descriptive name to the shortcut; I also strongly suggest to rename the icons as soon as they are created by the installer, so to better remember the characteristics of the installed game.
      In any case, the most powerful information source is the tooltip:

Just hover the mouse over an AGS icon (default or customized, game or BodyShop), and the tooltip will tell you all the game parameters, the packs included, etc.

3. I play the normal game under a "User" account; is this a problem?.
      YES, this is a problem. The games created with the AGS installer (as well the installer itself) must be run as administrator. This is because the mini-games need to temporarily modify some Registry keys in the "HK_Local_Machine" section. If your Windows account is a "User" one, you must use the Vista option "Run as Administrator", or the XP option "Run as..." (and then select an Admin account).

3. TROUBLESHOOTING AND REPORTING BUGS

1. Problems with the installer (wrong or blank icons, games not correctly created or moved, errors issued while installing...).
      Please post in this thread, giving as many information as possible about the task you were performing with the installer, and possibly a screenshot.
      You should also provide the install log; in order to create a log, run the installer using the icons located in the Start Menu -> AnyGameStarter: the icons in the Start Menu are different, because force the installer to create a log ("AGSinstaller_Log.txt") on your desktop. Compress the log into a zip and attach it to your help request post.
      If you can't fin'd the icons in the Start Menu, or you have deleted them, run the installer in any possible way (even double-clicking on the AnyGameStarter_Setup.exe) and choose the option "Force re-create icons" form the drop-down menu.

2. Problems while running the games ("Wrong CD" error, games not starting, error messages issued while starting a game...).
      Please post in this thread, giving as many information as possible about the game you were running, and the error you experienced.
      You need to include the AppFiles folder (compressed into a zip) to you help request. The location of the AppFiles folder is:
      • AnyGames (including BGS-style games created with this installer) --> there is only one AppFiles, shared between all the AnyGames, located in: (Documents)\AnyGameStarter;
      • PermaGames --> Each PermaGame has its own AppFiles folder, located in: (Documents)\AnyPermaGames\PermaGameX (where X is the PermaGame number).
      • Old BGS games (created with the deprecated BaseGameStarter installer) --> No support is given on these games any more. Please convert them to PermaGames, test them, and if they still have problems, follow the instructions in the "PermaGames" section, above.

3. MY "FULL GAME" HAS BEEN DELETED/NUKED/BROKEN!
      OK, take a deep breath and calm down: you full game is safe and has NOT been deleted. You DON'T HAVE to reinstall anything.
      Here is what you have to do:
      • Be sure to have the latest AGS installer.
      • From the Start menu, select the icon "AnyGameStarter -> AGS installer (Standard)". If you don't see it, double-click on the file "AnyGameStarter_Setup.exe" (downloaded from this thread): it will create the icons in the Start menu. (Note: the icon from the Start menu are special: they create an Install Log on the desktop).
      • After selecting the "Standard" icon from the Start menu, you should see the first page of the AGS installer:
      • At this point, you can click Cancel: the installer has already tried to fix your game.
      • RESTART WINDOWS. This is important! It will force Windows to read the fixed path to the Documents folder.
      • Test your Full Game, to see if it's normal again.
      • If the Full Game still doesn't work, then run again the installer using the "Standard" icon from the Start menu; create an AnyGame (it's not important which one).
      • Go to (Documents)\AnyGameStarter and compress the folder AppFiles into a zip. Include in the zip also the file "AGSinstaller_Log.txt" that you should see on your desktop.
      • Post in this thread, explaining your problem and attaching the ZIP.

4. BASEGAMESTARTER

1. What happened to the old BaseGameStarter?
      The internal code of the BGS is similar, but different than the AGS one; and both have grown too big and complex to be maintained separately. Therefore, I decided to merge them into the new AGS v.2. After all, the only "pro" of the BGS was the simplicity of usage (pre-made games, few options, nice recognizable icons), and all these features can now be found in the "BGS Mode" of the new installer.

2. What should I do with the old BGS games already installed?
      You don't have to do anything; they will be automatically updated (if needed) to be compatible with Mansion & Garden, and will still work like before. Only, they are considered unsupported; for this reason, I strongly suggest to convert to PermaGames the old BGS games that you really need, and then completely uninstall the old BaseGameStarter.

3. When converting old BGS games to PermaGames, I don't see all my old BGS games in the list! Why?
      The AGS installer checks whether you have run each old BGS games at least once; if you, for example, installed the "OnlyCEL" game with the old BGS installer, but you never actually run the OnlyCEL game, then you are not allowed to convert it to a PermaGame: if you really want it, you should instead create a new AnyGame containing only Celebration, using the AGS installer.

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 7:26 PM
Change Log and History
CHANGE LOG and HISTORY
=========================

• Version 1.6 (12 sept 2008)
    • New Feature: Apartment Life - The AGS is now compatible with the Apartment Life EP: you can include or exclude it at will.
    • New Feature: Store Edition - The AGS is now compatible with The Sims 2 Store Edition (beta); for anyone curious about this, SE is seen as a Stuff Pack by the game; it doesn't add anything to the game (you have to buy/download stuff online), but there are some exclusive objects that will appear only if you have SE installed and activated. Therefore, the AGS now gives the ability to include SE in the minigame. However, I strongly suggest to deactivate it, unless you really need it: it's mostly useless in a minigame, and might cause your creations to require SE to work.
    • Improvement: [Double] Deluxe - Solved a little bug that made the "No Maxis Content" option not work properly with [Double] Deluxe.
    • Improvement: "Wrong Disk" error - The internal code has been partly rewritten, hopefully solving the "Wrong Disk" bug that some users were experiencing with IKEA.
    • Improvement: Faster loading and cleaner catalog - When using the "Mini Game (no Maxis content)" option, the hidden lots (FT and AL) are now created without any characters; they will be created automatically by the game whenever really needed. Also, all the pre-made Dorms, Hotel and Apartments have been stripped from the Lot Bin.

• Version 1.5 (28 june 2008)
    IKEA_logo D_Deluxe
    • New Feature: IKEA Home Stuff - The AGS is now compatible with the IKEA Home Stuff SP: you can include or exclude it at will.
    • Improvement: [Double] Deluxe - I've finally managed to get access to a Deluxe and a Double Deluxe installations, and therefore I can ensure full compatibility with both Sims2 versions, and also provide assistance if needed.
    • Bugfixes: IKEA, EP detection and Lot installation - Under some circumstances, running an AnyGame caused the IKEA stuff to disappear from the Full Game; also, in some cases the EP/SP selector showed EPs actually not installed in the computer; lastly, the installation of lots (by Drag&Drop) didn't work fine when the screen resolution was set to fullscreen. All these bugs have been fixed.

• Version 1.4 / 1.4b (18/24 may 2008)
    KBlogo ClickMe ClickMe
    • New Feature: Kitchen & Bath - The AGS is now compatible with the Kitchen & Bath SP: you can include or exclude it at will.
    • New Feature: "AnyBodyshop" - Now you can optionally add a second icon to each AnyGame, that will start the related BodyShop (i.e. a BodyShop that includes only the EP/SP selected for the AnyGame).
    • New Feature: "No Maxis Default Content" "Game Type" choice - In order to greatly speed up the game loading (especially the first time you run a newly-created AnyGame), you can optionally get rid of all the additional lots, families and neighborhoods that come with specific EPs (i.e. the "Maxis default content"): no more "Creating Pets/Weather/Exotic Destinations" screens, no more catalogs clogged with the same old lots and families! Moreover, this option will stop the intro movie from playing (even faster loading!).
      NOTE: you can still manually create colleges, exotic destinations, downtowns and everything; and you will still find all the clothings, hair styles etc. in the CAS/BodyShop.
      You can choose between the following options:
      • Standard Game - This option creates a complete game, with all the default neighborhoods, families, lots and everything; it's useful if you want to create a secondary "full game" with a specific theme (e.g. a "medieval" Pleasantville).
      • Mini Game - This option creates a game containing only the "Mini-Game" neighborhood, with one occupied house already installed and two more in the lot bin; if you want, you can manually add the Maxis pre-made colleges, downtown, etc. (or create custom empty sub-NHs). This is the perfect environment for testing your creations or building lots to share.
      • Empty Game - This will create a perfectly empty game, without neighborhoods, sub-nh, sims, lots: nothing at all. Choose this option if you want to create an entirely new neighborhood to share with other players.
        The neighborhoods created in this empty game will require the newest EP, among the ones you selected (if you deselect all the EP, the resulting NH will be base-game compatible). The size of the created empty NH can vary, but it's extremely small (a base-game simple NH: 190 Kb; an all-EP NH with college, downtown, shop district and 3 vacation dest.: 16 Mb)
  • Version 1.3 (13 mar 2008)
    • New Feature: Freetime - The AGS is now compatible with Freetime: you can include or exclude it at will.
    • New Feature: 64 bit compatibility - The AGS installer will automatically detect 64bit systems, and will install the proper file versions.
    • Improvement: Temporary language - The code related to the management of the temporary game language has been fixed and improved; there should be no more issues infrequent languages such as Russian or Hungarian.

• Version 1.2c (06 feb 2008)
    NoSound Tooltip
    • New Feature: NoSound - Now, when installing an AGS game, you can choose whether to mute it or not.
    • Improvement: tooltip - For better readability, the tooltip shows the info split in 4 lines.

• Version 1.2b (02 dec 2007)
    • BugFix: FullGame - Thanks to the users' reports, I've tracked down and fixed a bug that prevented the Full Game to run correctly whenever the user did NOT have all the EP/SP. Reinstalling the AGS will fix your Full Game.

• New Feature: Language choice - Now you can force the AnyGame to use a specific language, chosen from a list of 11 (plus, of course, your original language). This is extremely useful if you are going to create something aimed to an international audience: you can see how your creation behaves in a foreign game!

• Version 1.2 (29 nov 2007)
    • New Feature: Teen Style - Now the AGS works fine with the Teen Style Stuff pack, and can include this SP into your AnyGames.

• New Feature: Drag&Drop lot installation - You can now install .sims2pack files by simply dragging the sims2pack over the chosen mini-game icon, and the BGS will let you install the sims2pack content into the mini-game, instead of the full game. When the installer opens up, just confirm the installation into the *default* path. This works with both the Clean Installer and the Maxis installer.

• New Feature: Icon Tooltip - Unlike the BGS, whose icons have an explanatory name, the AnyGame icons are somewhat "anonymous", and so you can forget which packs you have included in that particular mini-game.
      Now the AGS icons have a tooltip that will remind you the game configuration.

• New Feature: Collections - Now the BGS installer copies all your collections from your full game to each mini-game; this won't harm nor slow down your mini-game because the collections are just small files that contain references to the actual objects: if the mini-game doesn't include the EP needed for some objects to be displayed, the collection will appear empty (e.g. if you open the "Nightlife stuff" collection in a OnlyUNI game, you won't see any object inside).

• Improvement - Screen resolutions - Implemented in the AGS the same feature of the BGS, that allows you to set a resolution for your AnyGame (3 standard and 2 widescreen resolutions are available)

• New Community Lot in catalog: a ready-to-use lot, useful for quick tests, created by MaryLou for all of us to enjoy

Version 1.1b (30 sept 2007)
Fixed a bug that affected only some users: when starting
the mini-game, actually the Full game started; or the game
complaints about not running the right game.
If you are not experiencing this bug, you don't need to redownload.

Version 1.1 (30 sept 2007)
The AGS now does NOT cause game crashes any more.
The new installer will also fix your crashing problem, if you
didn't already fixed it yourself reading THIS POST.

Other improvements:
> Now compatible with Sims 2 Deluxe
(will also fix the "Nightlife uninstalled" error)

> You can now choose the screen resolution for the AnyGames
> Better handling of games without Bon Voyage

Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 12:02 AM
Neat, I have to try this.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 12:07 AM Last edited by ZodiacRain : 26th Dec 2008 at 12:53 AM.
Awesome! I'm sorta confused about the PermaGames, though. When you say that they are only deletable manually, does that mean the option to delete them does not appear in the installer, and that you actually have to delete the folder itself?
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 12:48 AM
AMAZING! Thanks so much! Now I don't have to worry about accidentally deleting my 'hoods :D
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#9 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 2:40 AM
Thanks Numenor!

I have every game except for two stuff packs, so few people can download my lots unless I use this.

Great job!
Scholar
#10 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 3:01 AM
I have been waiting for this, now i can install the mansion and garden sp on my main computer. Thanks!

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
#11 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 4:13 AM
Does this enable Double Deluxe users to disable Nightlife and/or Celebration Stuff?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Instructor
#12 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 4:19 AM
This is totally what I wanted for christmas awesome and Thanks Have a happy holidays :D

"Inspiration,It comes not when you want it.But when you least expect it to!"
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 4:47 AM
What a fantastic job, what a christmas-gift! You made my day! Thank you so much for your hard work, thank you for so much imagination and thank you for your knowledge that you share with us. All the best for you, Numenor.

Sims is just fun and every custom content should be available for FREE.
Test Subject
#14 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 6:03 AM
Just want to say I am a fan of all your work and this one is my favorite thanks.
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 6:11 AM
Thank you Thank you Thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 7:18 AM
Amazing, thank you and happy holidays!
Alchemist
#17 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 9:04 AM
Man, you did an opera once again, thank you forever! Love the new option to convert a previous AGS game in permagame, it's really useful now I just need that the parties, lunches and dinners with the family end soon, so I can come back to my computer and play again LOL Thank you Numenor and Happy holidays
Mad Poster
#18 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 9:39 AM
What a nice Christmas present you made to us Numenor ! Everytime you do something new its an enjoyment and a promise of full pleasure in using your genious and generous creations ! The server says I have already thanked this thread so never mind, I am posting manually a thousand thanks more... A cheerful Christmas to you and I wish you a fabulous new year
Forum Resident
#19 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 9:42 AM
thanks numenor, but I have to report a problem that has just occured to me:
after installin the AGS and creatin an anygame up to AL, (I have one SP: mansion and garden) I ran this SP to play with my whole game (not with the anygame) and when it got loaded it told me that I had uninstalled AL.... the thing is it IS installed, but it won't recognise the game.I'm right now reinstalling AL... but probably I'll need some help!
thanks in advance
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZodiacRain
Awesome! I'm sorta confused about the PermaGames, though. When you say that they are only deletable manually, does that mean the option to delete them does not appear in the installer, and that you actually have to delete the folder itself?

Exactly, the only way to delete a PermaGame is to locate the right folder in (Documents)\AnyPermaGames and manually delete it. The PermaGames are built so that everything is packed into a single "PermaGameX" folder, so that when you delete it, no traces are left on the computer.

Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Does this enable Double Deluxe users to disable Nightlife and/or Celebration Stuff?

Yes, NL and CEL are seen by the AnyGameStarter as normal expansions, just like in the standard game.

Quote: Originally posted by lamammaforever
Now I just need that the parties, lunches and dinners with the family end soon, so I can come back to my computer and play again LOL

It would require a miracle, which is far beyond anyone's possibilities

Quote: Originally posted by lauralaima
After installin the AGS and creatin an anygame up to AL, (I have one SP: mansion and garden) I ran this SP to play with my whole game (not with the anygame) and when it got loaded it told me that I had uninstalled AL.... the thing is it IS installed, but it won't recognise the game.I'm right now reinstalling AL... but probably I'll need some help!
thanks in advance

I need your AppFiles folder; and please confirm me: you have only the base game, AL and M&G?

Forum Resident
#21 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 2:16 PM
no sorry Numenor, my games are:
Basegame + all EPs up to AL + SP Mansion and Garden
the anygame I made was only about the EPs, without M&G
then, when I run MY GAME it told me that AL had been uninstalled
Where do I find the AppFiles?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 2:39 PM
Thank you so much for all your hard work, Numenor I've been using this for a long time, and love the idea of the permagames - maybe now I can scrap those other accounts I've been using just for different games >_<

A question though: After installing AGS with my current set-up (All EPs, all SPs but IKEA and M&G), if I then decide to get another SP, would I have to run the installer again, or would they be updated automatically?

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 2:57 PM
Fantastic christmas present! Thanks so much - love the extra features

Merry Christmas ~Kat

Kat - I like to build, create & write.
Find my creations at:
Sims 4: http://loveandscenerysims4.tumblr.com/
Sims 3: http://www.sims3adventure.com
Sims 2: http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=1436640
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 3:32 PM
Thanks so much for this :-)
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 4:21 PM
I'll have to buy a new dictionary in order to define your works, as I ran out of appreciative words.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
Page 1 of 21