Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Library Career For Adults

by EvilSuperStar Posted 30th Oct 2008 at 12:27 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 5:24 PM by whiterider

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 1:09 AM
This looks neat, nice to see a new career! Thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 1:56 AM
Hey thanks, lol I am a library assistant too so was most amused when I saw this, I will have fun with this, many thanks :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 1:57 AM
btw - I wish that was my daily pay wage lol
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 3:41 AM
I've always a librarian career - now my Rupert Giles doesn't have to be an educator! Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 4:30 AM
Wow, I've been waiting for someone to make this for a long time. Your job titles and their descriptions are very apt as well. I can tell you work at a library! Thanks for sharing.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 5:10 AM
wow new career!!

thank you

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 5:49 AM
This is so nerdfightastic!
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 11:09 AM
this is a great idea ! btw, can i ask you to make a translation ? you see i'm french, that's not mtter for me as you can see i speak english but my son has been bored with all these english complements i had... see if you don't speak french i can translate and you modify no problem

see you
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 1:01 PM
Yay, been waiting for this a long time! X^D

Back playing Sims 2 after 10 years . . .
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 3:10 PM
thanks for this im studying to be a library tech. i was testing the career out on a family and all the sims had gone i sped up time and the time was much slower than usual. afterwards i deleted the career and everything went back to normal.
i just wanted to let you know i defently do want this in my game though thanks

If we were all the same who would be Diffrent?
Forum Resident
#12 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 3:48 PM
Great idea! I love it!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 4:21 PM
Thank you! thank you! thank you! -My NinS sim can now have her REAL job! (Im a library assistant too) -So again THANK YOU! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 12:28 AM
Interesting career, thanks!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Test Subject
#15 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 2:08 AM
It looks and sounds amazing! But can I ask one thing...do you have a pic of the career?

Everything in this room is edible,in fact even I am edible,but that my dear chld is called cannibalism and is frowned upon in most societies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 7:08 PM
Thanks for your comments everyone . ANox and pottersfreak I've PMd you about your questions.

Velvet Sky rox! there's a couple of screenshots just above where you can download the file if that's what you mean. If you're talking about a custom icon then it's the same as the pic for the 'homework help' want/memory.
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 6:39 AM
Well, as you can see by my name, I also work as a-I guess it would be a Reference AIC, in a county library system. This is great, and long overdue. Thanks for creating this, and thanks from all us library workers, for the recognition!
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 11:33 PM
this is great, thank you!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 9:41 PM
Nice - I appreciate the work involved since I have written a number of careers myself. So well done.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 7:26 AM
Very nice job.
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:24 PM
Uwww Awesome! Thank you so much, this is perfect! ^,^

Remember, It takes 46 muscles in your face to frown, but only 4 in your arm to smack someone upside the head.....
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 10:51 PM
Um, this is actually not game related, but library studies related. i am about to graduate with a secondary education/ history degree, and I realize I am not happy with teaching. I know I have to go on to get a masters degree in order to work in a library, but are there any jobs in between you can get without a masters? Also, if there are jobs, how are the wages? I will have $500 in student loan payments a month after I graduate.

Thanks for any help! Love the career!
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 8:28 PM
omg, you made my day! I think I love you! Thanks for making my career!! I'm working in my library right now... lol.

@dawnjoycondit: You can start as a library page which is just a part time shelving books then you can move your way up to become a librarian aid. That's what I do. You only need a high school degree in my county to do the job.

Go into your local public librarian and give it a go! You never know. They can surely give you all the information you seek!

Y mi banda toca el rock
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 6:18 PM
It's different in the UK to America I believe - here you start out as a library assistant which doesn't require a librarianship degree, but you can only progress so far as library manager without it. Our county council will pay for long time assistants to go to library school (it's actual name, I swear I'm not making it up lol) and train as a librarian. However, over here once librarians get a job they tend to stay in it for life, so even if people do their librarians degree it can be very difficult to find a position unless you're willing to move to the other side of the country.

By the way, the wages here in England for non-professional jobs suck big time! We're majorly under-paid and I'm not just saying that because I'm biased lol.
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 1:02 AM
I really like this career, but one of the chance cards in the senior library assistant level that was something about your sim being busy with a lot of stuff when another employee comes in and asks your sim to help out a customer you have to choose whether to help the customer or keep working on the other stuff, when you chose not to help the customer and it rewards you for it, it says your sim gets 1 logic point and $2000, but it actually only gives them $1. ):
Page 1 of 2