Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Only Real Grandfather Outerwear

by dustfinger Posted 6th Nov 2008 at 11:28 PM - Updated 7th Nov 2008 at 5:09 PM by dustfinger

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 12:20 AM
You always make the best clothes for elders! Thanks!
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 12:32 AM
Wonderful! Thankyou!

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 12:33 AM
I love your conversions for elders!! I don't know why maxis thinks elders have to have such funky wardrobes.
Not actually evil.
#5 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 1:33 AM
Thanks for these, there is little variety in elder outerwear, especially for poor grandpa! The green and blue are quite nice. Colorful but not flashy, still very suitable for the older gentleman.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 1:49 AM
Thank you so much for all these elder conversions. They need a decent wardrobe for a change!

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 2:28 AM
Great conversion, thank you!

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

The Hunger Site - Click once a day for free to give food to developing countries!
#8 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 2:28 AM
Quote: "It´s only categorised as Outerwear and GS is not required."

I don`t have an Outerwear catagory in my game; does this mean that it won`t show up in my catalog?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 2:47 AM
Yes GenOp, if you don't have Seasons and this outfit is only categorized as outerwear, you can't have it.

Dustfinger, you might want to add a version categorized as everyday for those without Seasons or change the compatibility marker for this post.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 2:04 PM
Thanks very much for these. I'm glad to see you added gloves as well.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Dustfinger, you might want to add a version categorized as everyday for those without Seasons or change the compatibility marker for this post.

well, that´s real, sorry for forgotten this i changed the compatibility. i have not the time to make anything this time, so sorry for these who don´t have seasons (i thought the most players have it)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 5:45 PM
Quote:
I don`t have an Outerwear catagory in my game; does this mean that it won`t show up in my catalog?

If you have GLS you can use the ones I made available for elders, they're categorized as outerwear and formal.
http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=224917

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 1:33 AM
AWESOME! Is this available for adults with base game only?
Scholar
#14 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 6:40 AM
Perfect and excellent! Thank you

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Instructor
#15 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 11:23 AM
thank you!!! i always thought these fitted the elders very well!! thank you so much for your conversion ^^

hi!
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 4:25 PM
These are great! I've been dying to find a conversion of those military style formals from the men for elders. Has anyone made those?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 7:45 PM
Thank you all for the nice comments!

Quote: Originally posted by mafiosa
I've been dying to find a conversion of those military style formals from the men for elders. Has anyone made those?

i don´t know if you mean these, but here are such outfits by cocmama. the right ones?
Mad Poster
#18 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 6:24 PM
Very handsome and needed expansions for elders! Thanks!!
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 9:32 AM
Very suitable for elders, thanks! I don`t know, why EAxis forgot much clothes for the elders in the expansion-packs. It´s very good, that you give us these here!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 5:20 AM
Just last night I was dressing my elder and was so irritated by the lack of decent clothes for this sim age. I love all the style granddads but its fabulous to have a dignified coat for a gentleman. Thanks muchly for your coats the timing was brilliant.
#21 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by paigeturnersims
If you have GLS you can use the ones I made available for elders, they're categorized as outerwear and formal.
http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=224917
Thank you, but I don`t have Glamor Life Stuff yet either.

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 1:41 AM
my granpa has ONE TOO!
LOVE IT
thanks a lot
Field Researcher
#23 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 3:22 AM
Thank you so much for making these! When I first saw them and realized that for one they are only for Adult males, not Elder Males I was puzzled and then when I realized that they were also not even considered "outerwear" after I added Seasons to my game I was even more puzzled. I think that sometimes the employees of Maxis seem to overlook things that should have been obvious. Glad you fixed them.
#24 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 9:07 PM
Well, I`ve got Seasons now, so I`ve downloaded them.

Field Researcher
#25 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:36 AM
These will look wonderful in game.

By the time you read this you've already read it. ;)
Page 1 of 2