Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Kimonos for Grandpa

by dustfinger Posted 18th Nov 2008 at 6:50 PM

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Zombie Socks
#2 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 7:59 PM
You are CLEARLY the Saint of Awesome. Thank you!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 8:00 PM
Thank you again for these. You rock.

No man is a master who is not a master of himself.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 8:16 PM
Excellent! Now both my grandads and gannies can visit Takemizu village and look the part.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 1:33 AM
are there adult/teen equivalents of these? and if possible, could they be converted?

either way, thanks!
Inventor
#6 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 9:19 AM
Thanks a bunch. :D

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Instructor
#7 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pensivefool
are there adult/teen equivalents of these? and if possible, could they be converted?

either way, thanks!

both the teen and adult versions come with bon voyage EP

and thanks for uploading these, EAxis should've made kimonos/yukatas for elders in the first place ^^ elders look great on them ^^

hi!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 7:01 PM
Actually the word kimono means clothing or garment and this particular type of kimono is called a yukata and is worn in the warmer seasons and not for formal occasions... the more you know ;-) Great upload, would download if I hadn't done them myself lol(been too lazy to upload though).

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 11:39 AM
You're awesome! Thanks for converting and uploading these!

Yukata is a more simple clothing than a Kimono. Normally it's made of a lighter fabric and you wear only one layer. A real Kimono (as in *the* Kimono, not just the general tranlation of clothing) is heavier and thicker and made of a better fabric. Also, for a real outfit you have quite a few layers :-)
But I really don't think it matters what you call them, you did an awesome job that's enough :-D thanks again.
Scholar
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 2:39 PM
This is as wonderful as useful Thank you!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Instructor
#11 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 11:25 PM
Now my elders won't have to go naked. Thank you!
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 4:01 AM
Haha the name made me giggle. xD Kimonos for Grandpa. I dont know why its funny, it just is! Thanks for the awesome uploads. These are so much better then the stupid oldies clothes the poor elders get. I want my elders in style.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th May 2011 at 8:23 PM
Yessss!!! Exactly what I need for a sim-movie I'm making for fun. =3