Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Thirstiest Bath Mats - REAL puddle suckers

by MogHughson Posted 6th Dec 2008 at 1:46 AM - Updated 28th Nov 2011 at 9:57 PM by MogHughson : Replacement .rar after server problem

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 1:58 AM
This is awesome! Thanks!

--Claire
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 2:14 AM
Perfect! Pretty and useful!! Thanks!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Alchemist
#4 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 3:14 AM
I love this! I hate the Thirsty the bath mat cuz it doesn't work and it's uglier then I'd prefer.. I'll be using these when I build bathrooms now!
#5 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 3:16 AM
Thank you for these wonderful bath mats.
Thank you for my first and third credits.
Just curious, but why does the toilet rug require FreeTime?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Alchemist
#6 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 3:23 AM
What a great idea! Thankyou.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 3:39 AM
Oh, what an excellent idea! Brilliant, and your journal entry is extremely informative too. Thanks so much!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 3:49 AM
THANK YOU! I was wondering when this was going to be uploaded, glad to see it here!
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 4:44 AM
What a simple and brilliant item! I love this!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 8:09 AM
This is an excellent idea!! Thankyou for much for your hard work in to making it actual.
Instructor
#11 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 9:37 AM
This is a wonderful idea, thank you!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 9:49 AM
Perfect, I only wish the same effect could be applied to all rugs. Thanks for making up for the in game stupid. :-)

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 10:23 AM
Thanks! Just a question, if you have the mat in front of a shower for example, do the puddles that would be there just not show up because they get soaked up, or do they show and get soaked up after a certain amount of time? If it's the second option, how long does it take to be soaked up? (in sim time).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 11:21 AM
ooo - a decent sized bathmat and something that works with the corner showers.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 12:25 PM
Ooh, neat idea.
Would it be possible to modify the mat that come with NL so THEY also soak the water up?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 1:01 PM
Fantastic set. Thank you so much for the curvy one for the corner shower. It was always annoying me, there wasn't matching shape for.
And they remove puddles? Full of win:D

Thank you!
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 1:19 PM
This is such a great concept! And a mat that fits with a shower! Woot!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 2:12 PM
Perfect if it soaks up the puddles made by toddlers playing in the toliet. Thanks for sharing, will be using this. :D

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 3:08 PM
Well, aren't you a darling?! I'm going to let the kids play in the toilet now. :D
Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 5:02 PM
Very cool. Thank you for this.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 11:53 PM Last edited by MogHughson : 7th Dec 2008 at 12:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Just curious, but why does the toilet rug require FreeTime?

The toilet rug is a Maxis object that was introduced in Freetime. I believe it is against the rules to make it available without requiring that EP?
Quote: Originally posted by Lexi
How long does it take to be soaked up?
It varies - updated the desription with more details.
#22 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 12:03 AM
Oh. Ok. I`m pretty sure I have in my game a decorative one that I downloaded from here, though, as part of a large package of objects. If you did not base your item on the FreeTime version in any way, I doubt that there would be many problems, especially as I clearly recall seeing very many clothing conversions that advertize that the expansion that the clothing was converted from is not required.

Then again, I am not a moderator, and am unfamiliar with the details of their policies, so my take on this may differ from theirs, and their opinion is the one that counts here, not mine.

Thank you for the explanation.

...and congratulations on getting Picked!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sizza
Ooh, neat idea.
Would it be possible to modify the mat that come with NL so THEY also soak the water up?
It is certainly possible to modify any rug to do the puddle sucking. It would of course only make sense (in my mind anyway) if they were bathroom rugs. Which rug did you have in mind?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 12:17 AM
Y'Know, I was just decorating a house last night and thought two things as I put down the bath mats 1: "Wouldn't it be nice if there were a two-tile bath mat that would actually look right putting it next to the bathtub without using cheats or placing two down." and 2: "wouldn't it be nice if these things actually soaked up puddles?" And you answered both these questions with "Yes, it would be nice....And here it is!"
Thank you, almighty mind-reader!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 12:20 AM
yay, ive been waiting for these since i saw them in creator feedback xD
thanks for making these, they will proove VERY useful.
quick question and sorry if it seems stupid:
in the picture of the full bathroom, how did u make the tiled bit of wall that the plant is resting on? cannot seem to find a tool i can do this with, it looks really nice and would like to use it in my bathrooms if i can
x

and why is it only teenage sims get the cool outfits?! i'll have you know us in our twenties and beyond have as much fun with clothes! *sob*
Page 1 of 4