Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

18 "Dusty Neutral" Plumper Thumper AL Sofa Recolors

by miska Posted 2nd Jan 2009 at 2:36 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2009 at 4:50 AM by miska : typo

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Inventor
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 2:47 PM
These are so cute, Thanks. I just saw these sofas for the first time in game yesterday. They looked very cute to me with my new video card. I'm guessing you must have an Nvidia card because I was astonished by how great everything looks with ATI after using Nvidia for the last 6 years. The ATI card even looks awesome on low way better than the Nvidia on High settings. I can't wait to see these in my game,Thanks I bet my sims will love it.
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 4:14 PM
These are perfect- exactly what I need. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 4:37 PM
I was only looking at this sofa in my game today and mentally berating maxis for making such fugly stuff, but now 'tis beautiful!
Thank you
Inventor
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 7:55 PM
As you can see they look wonderful on the ATI card even on low graphics settings. Thanks again they're great!

Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 1:11 PM
Miska these are wonderful, thankyou
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 5:22 PM
Excellent work, thank you! I didn't even know I needed them until I saw them. I've only loaded up AL long enough to check my default eyes and skintones. I'll take your word that the Maxis texture is fugly and useless and download immediately.

Quote: Originally posted by ScorpioMaurus
These are so cute, Thanks. I just saw these sofas for the first time in game yesterday. They looked very cute to me with my new video card. I'm guessing you must have an Nvidia card because I was astonished by how great everything looks with ATI after using Nvidia for the last 6 years. The ATI card even looks awesome on low way better than the Nvidia on High settings. I can't wait to see these in my game,Thanks I bet my sims will love it.

I have to agree. Although I appreciate the extra power of my newer rig (with a GeForce 8800 GT), the game looked better with my old one (Radeon 9600).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScorpioMaurus
These are so cute, Thanks. I just saw these sofas for the first time in game yesterday. They looked very cute to me with my new video card. I'm guessing you must have an Nvidia card because I was astonished by how great everything looks with ATI after using Nvidia for the last 6 years. Thanks I bet my sims will love it. As you can see they look wonderful on the ATI card even on low graphics settings. Thanks again they're great!

Thank you Scorpio, I appreciate the very kind words! You’re right, I am running a Nvidia card (8800 GTX), and have run Nvidia cards for at least nine years or so. Thanks also for showing me how these look on an ATI card with low settings; it’s good to see views from different cards. Hope you enjoy them!

Quote: Originally posted by Coffeee
These are perfect- exactly what I need. Thanks!

You’re Welcome Coffeee! I hope they serve you and your Sims well.

Quote: Originally posted by devagirl2
I was only looking at this sofa in my game today and mentally berating maxis for making such fugly stuff, but now 'tis beautiful! Thank you

You’re Welcome devagirl2; glad to know you like them! Have fun . . .

Quote: Originally posted by cameronsnan
Miska these are wonderful, thankyou

You’re Welcome cameronsnan; glad to know you like them; hope you enjoy!

Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
Excellent work, thank you! I didn't even know I needed them until I saw them. I'll take your word that the Maxis texture is fugly and useless and download immediately.

Thank you for the kind words aeval99, I appreciate them! And yes, I think it’s always a good move to run away from fugly Maxis textures. Lol At least doing so makes matching items to décor much easier. Hope you enjoy!
Inventor
#9 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 12:57 AM
Yes I do love them, I will be using them in virtually every house. I really love using these types of couches to make them the exact size I need for each house. These are really lovely recolors I personally can't wait to see more from you.

BTW this is an onboard lower quailty ATI card so I'm sure that upgrading to something more powerful will offer even more exceptional results. It's an ATI Radeon 3200.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 1:07 AM
Nice colors and textures! Thanks.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 11:27 AM
A perfectly good mesh but the original colors were so tacky. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 4:01 PM
Thank you