Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 9:07 PM Last edited by angieb : 26th Jan 2009 at 1:34 AM. Reason: add error message
Default SimPe Error after Fix Integrity
I have searched to see if anyone else has had this problem and didn't come up with any results. I'm posting here because I'm not sure if it is a bug or just me making an error and the SimPE bug site said to post here first.

I was in the process of making a hair mesh, made new file, added Gmdc etc, saved, after I updated the file and fixed integrity I then got an error message: object not set to an instance.

I carried on with the mesh and I still had a working file showing up ok in body shop but am wondering will this affect the end result I'm not finished working on it yet.

Details which I copied to clipboard, (but I don't know where to find the clipboard) sorry I'm not stupid really

I have all expansions installed but only have cep, base game, mansions and gardens and the expansion I'm working from ticked in the file table because of SimPE taking so long to load.

Please could someone tell me where to find the clipboard so I can paste the error message here, or maybe someone knows whats going wrong without it.

Really appreciate HELP

Ta Very Much

Ok worked out how to copy message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. SimPE Version:
Default (0.72.1.33855).

Exception Stack:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at pjse.FileTable.Remove(Entry key)
at pjse.FileTable.PFD_DescriptionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at SimPe.Packages.PackedFileDescriptor.DescriptionChangedFkt()
at SimPe.Packages.PackedFileDescriptorSimple.set_Instance(UInt32 value)
at SimPe.Plugin.FixObject.Fix(Hashtable map, Boolean uniquefamily)
at SimPe.Plugin.FixTool.ShowDialog(IPackedFileDescriptor& pfd, IPackageFile& package)

Source:
pjse.filetable.plugin

Execution Stack:
at SimPe.Plugin.FixTool.ShowDialog(IPackedFileDescriptor& pfd, IPackageFile& package)

hope this makes sense to someone

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.
Thanks
Ange
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 3:50 AM
Sorry, I don't know the cause of this one. Inge should be around soon..

What I do when I get errors of this sort is make a new package file and make sure I am extracting the correct parts. Are you using the PSJE tool to extract and link the parts or are you manually extracting the parts?

When I am creating stuff, I take eveything out of my downloads folder - the game and tools load much quicker that way

Try refreshing the file table to see if that improves your SimPE performance.
Select Extra, Preferences -
In the Preferences window, select File table.
Check the EP's you have, OR, if you want to make sure your stuff is base game compatible , uncheck everything except original and Include CEP.
Click OK
Then click Tools, PSJE, Refresh File Table
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:43 AM
Unfortunately I can't help as I don't make clothes and have never had this problem upon fixing integrity with other types of meshes.

I have heard this reported before, and in each case I have asked them to send me the problem package and have been able to complete the stage that was erroring for them without incident. So I have no idea.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:18 AM
I don't create clothing, either; but I see the File Table mentioned in the log.
If it's not essential for you to keep the various EP unticked, you could *reset* the File table to default, so to see if this solves the problem.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:56 AM Last edited by angieb : 26th Jan 2009 at 10:04 AM.
Hi Porkypine and Inge

I manually extracted the parts and linked the mesh as I've been following an old tutorial but I have noted the newer one in the wiki. I've been having alot of problems with my computer and recently had to do a complete reinstall. I hardly have any downloads now and the one's I do have are default bodyshop files. I tried the above mentioned and did the mesh again extracting from the actual expansion sims 3D ect so I know I have the correct parts and I got the same message again after I fixed integrity but still have a working package in body shop.

I installed a hard drive especially for my sims so that I have enough space. So all the Sims Expansions are on the F:drive but SimPE is installed on my C:drive do you think this could be causing the problem? I've done a SimPE system check and that's passing.

Maybe I should try uninstalling and reinstalling SimPE again. Should I install SimPE on the same hard drive as the Sims Expansions?

Sorry Numenor just noted your post. Will try setting to default before I do anything else.

Thanks
Ange
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:31 AM
Ok, I reset the file table, tried a different mesh, extracting with the PJSE extractor this time and got an error message again. I'm not sure if its the same message as I'm still waiting for SimPE to load, if the message is different I will post it here. When SimPE has finished loading I will try with object creation I have a candle mesh that is decorative that I want to change into a light mesh and see if I still have the same problem then its obviously the installation and I'll need to reinstall.

Thanks
Ange
The ModFather
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 1:20 PM
You can install SimPE on any drive (not necessarily the one containing the game); but you must always perform a "clean install": uninstall SimPE, manually delete what remains of the SimPE folder, and reinstall.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 2:00 AM
Have done a complete clean install, deleted SimPE folder from drive C: and installed it onto drive F: Have done another mesh and this time I got the error again but all it said was Object Reference not set to an instance of an Object. When I clicked on the details which was in red, the actual details word dissapeared and no message as to the details of the error appeared so I just had to click ok. This was a body shop mesh again I'm sorry I didn't have time to check an object mesh earlier on but I will do that later on today. Also I will see if this error affects the outcome of the hair mesh when I try to replace it with the new one.

Thanks
Ange
#9 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 8:37 AM
You need to pull the error box bigger after clicking details. For some reason it defaults too small to see the text box.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 1:09 PM Last edited by angieb : 28th Jan 2009 at 9:43 AM. Reason: Add Text
Default Message after replacing hair mesh
Object, fix integrity no problem.

Same exact message as above for hair mesh. Unless I'm naming it wrong (mesh_ajb_afhaircurlyupdo_2009) but I did this mesh before no problem beginning jan 08 but lost it recently when my machine crashed I hadn't backed it up.

It seem's that the error does affect the outcome of the mesh after replacing. I always select preview the mesh in SimPE after I've replaced it just to make sure that it's gone ok, just before the preview of the mesh loads I'm getting the message that the parent cres was not found this means that SimPE is unable to build the joint hierachy (mesh has changed to my creation) and in body shop where I previously had the linked mesh I now have no hair.

I've done it a few time's now just to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong and used the pjse tool which does make it a hell of lot easier (big thanks ) so the only thing left to do is to try another clean install, other than that I don't know what to do

Thanks
Ange
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:25 PM Last edited by angieb : 1st Feb 2009 at 9:21 PM. Reason: Add Text
Not Permanent Fix
Another Clean Install and the same message I give up. I'll just have to carry on doing objects. Thanks everyone for trying.

Ok I didn't give up not in my nature I don't understand how I managed to fix it, I left it for a day and came back to it this morning used the clone option to clone the hair.

Now I'm having no problem using the fix integrity.

Does not seem to be a permanent fix.

The same error is occuring with clothe's as well. The result is the mesh is not replacing with the new one the bodyshop image is ok the mesh has changed in SimPE but not in bodyshop, same message parent cres could not be found I know I used the correct 3DIR there's only one, I used the PJSE to extract and to link, I havn't tried doing it manually yet.

Thanks
Ange
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 3:10 PM
I thought I may have been the only one having this problem....I've read the forums and tried everything suggested. But everytime I try to fix integrity I get the error message, "object reference not set to an instance of an object". At this point I don't know what else to do.
#13 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 4:31 PM
Have you tried the QA version of SimPE? Apparently that has fixed various problems similar to this. We're going to release it outside the QA group soon - Quaxi's site can't support too many direct downloads.

Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 5:38 PM
Yes, I have the latest version installed (0-73-43-QA.7z). Do you think I need to try one of the other versions? BTW, I have all expansion & stuff packs.
#15 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 9:09 PM
Hmm that won't help then. Do you have M&G?

Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 4:02 AM
Yes, I have all expansion packs & all stuff packs. I have no idea what the problem could be. I've tried all of the recent QA SimPE programs and I still get the same problem.
#17 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 8:20 AM
Then untick Apartment Life from your filetable, reload, and try again.

Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 4:13 AM
I'll try that this weekend, and let you know the outcome.
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 5:36 AM Last edited by nappyme : 27th Feb 2009 at 6:49 AM. Reason: Added text
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Then untick Apartment Life from your filetable, reload, and try again.

Ok, I just tried and I get the same error message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. SimPE Version:
Other (0.73.43.19523).

Exception Stack:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source:
pjse.filetable.plugin

Execution Stack:

Windows Version:
WindowsXP

.NET Version:

I'm totally lost I have tried everything! I even uninstalled & reinstalled .Net Framework. I just can't figure out for the life of me what the problem could be. I've even tried different clothing, but everytime I get the same message!!!
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 6:57 AM
Forgive me for posting so many times, but I tried to edit my last message and got an error (go figure)! Anyway, another thing I've noticed is when I fix integrity the info I entered shows up in the resource tree. But I still get the error message! Could it be that the feature is working and the error message is just a glitch?
#21 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 8:05 AM
Well. did it work? Try entering a noticeable string in the box for fix integrity and see if everything changes to it.

Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 4:25 PM
[QUOTE=Inge Jones]Well. did it work?QUOTE]

No it didn't...Once I completed the package I went into bodyshop to see if it worked. I had a floating head and no body. Here are the steps that I used to get my mesh to show in bodyshop:

1. clone mesh parts (delete old)
2. save
3. fix integrity
4. save

etc etc. Long and behold the mesh package finally showed in bodyshop .
#23 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 4:50 PM
Are you saying you finally got it working?

Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 5:01 PM
Yes, that exactly what I'm saying. My mesh and recolor showed in bodyshop!
#25 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 6:07 PM
So, what if anything did you do different the time it worked from the times it didn't?

Page 1 of 2