Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Enable "Rent Furnished Apartment" Outside of Debug Mode

by thetechnosim Posted 14th Apr 2009 at 10:47 PM - Updated 15th Apr 2009 at 1:57 AM by thetechnosim

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Zombie Socks
#2 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 10:54 PM
Wow! Thank you so much! I can't thank you enough!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 10:56 PM
Thank you! This is truly helpful!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 11:07 PM
Yayyy! No more debug mode! Thanks.
Not actually evil.
#5 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 11:25 PM
Why EA leaves stuff like this out is beyond me. Probably because they didn't feel like testing it. Then again, that never stopped them from releasing other stuff, so who knows?

Thanks for letting sims rent furnished apartments! :D

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 11:43 PM
Thankyou soo much!! I always forget to do it with the cheats and now its there to remind me!!
Banned
#7 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 12:48 AM
That's incredible thank you so very much, you are an ingenious human being!
Cult Leader
#8 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 2:11 AM
Brilliant! And much needed. Thanks so much.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 2:57 AM
Oh wow- thank you! I hate getting in debug mode. This is wonderful! Thank you thank you!
Instructor
#10 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 8:39 AM
Perfect! Thank you so much. I hate having to use the debug mode so this helps a lot. =)
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 12:06 PM
Will the apartment cost more to rent with the furnishings?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kirkat2k2
Will the apartment cost more to rent with the furnishings?

I'm not totally sure, but I don't think so. I didn't change the behavior of the option, I just made it appear on the regular pie menu, so it will still work the way it did before.
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 2:07 PM
Excellent, I've been using a different hack which increases the cost for furnished places. I much prefer this one, thank you!
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 4:02 PM
Thanks so much for this great little hack...makes things alot easier. So thank you!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 4:47 PM
thanks, this is really useful, I sometimes wonder what they're thinking at Maxis with little things like this!
Inventor
#16 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 5:34 PM
Awesome!! I always forget to go into debug mode to get furnished apartments. Thanks for this!!

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 9:04 PM
thank you, this is great.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 12:01 AM
thanks a lot! i hate having to enter like 10 cheats before being able to do something as simple as renting a furnished apartment. you have solved that problem!

:]]

When the smoke clears, you can consider us even.
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 1:12 AM
i was using a different hack for this but i noticed that when i rented a furnished apt the landlord was not collecting rent. even though its nice but i would like the landlord to collect rent and see what happens when they have no money. will the landlord still come to collect?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shalay1979
i was using a different hack for this but i noticed that when i rented a furnished apt the landlord was not collecting rent. even though its nice but i would like the landlord to collect rent and see what happens when they have no money. will the landlord still come to collect?

I'm not totally sure, as I haven't gotten the chance to play with it much. Like I said, it will work the same way as using the option from the debug mode pie menu before this hack, but I'm not sure about all of the behavior involved. I can't open up TS2 at the moment, but I'll experiment later this afternoon and get back to you.
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 8:59 PM
Thank you so much! I definitely can use this! It will make it so much easier to have my Sims rent furnished apartments.

hugs,
Michele
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 2:07 AM
OMG!, thanks for this fix :D

This should be a Featured Download
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 12:09 PM
THANK YOU – THANK YOU. I just can’t thank you enough. It was most annoying to get a furnished Apartment – so much I just did not want to play them anymore, but thanks to you – ME PLAY APARTMENT AGAIN – SMILE – From me, BERNA, in the far South point of Africa
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 8:24 PM
thanks that's great

cactusimotion
Banned
#25 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 8:31 AM
I've noticed that with some, some but not all apartments it allows them to rent furnished, but the furniture is invisible.
Page 1 of 3