Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:58 PM
Default Pets limiting Family space...
As far as I can gather, there has been some discussion and debate about wheter pets should and will limit the amount of members you can have in a family. Personally, I dont think they should. I've always wanted to make an old lady who keeps about twenty cats!
I watched the video on the official site, and did anyone else see the scene when it said "You can breed them" and you saw a large dog with a lot of puppies running around... this might well mean that they wont limit family space. At least I hope so!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Advertisement
#2 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:59 PM
there ia a pic in the main thread showing a separate bar icon for pets
#3 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:01 PM
There do seem to be a lots of pets in all the clips...

But then you know Maxis. They always cheat to show off the product
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:01 PM
As much as I don't want them to take family slots, I do have to be somewhat annoyed with another bar. More clutter, ugh
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:03 PM
I can deal with another bar... But I won't stand pets standing in my baby Simmies' way!

*Glares* >:( What are you looking at?
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:06 PM
Yeah I'll deal with it, I just prefer the bar got longer and pets counted in their own than another bar
#7 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:11 PM
well i don't know why it bothers people, there are hacks for it, and what fun would it be if you can't control them?
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:13 PM
It bothers me because I'm too picky I don't think not controlling them was an option
#9 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:14 PM
So that's another thing someone will have to ask about at the chat...
#10 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:14 PM
I think the addition of the bar is to let you know what their needs are. Baby sims are easy to figure out what they need.
#11 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
So, is 8 still the Limit, or is it 8 of each now?

You know they could have told us just by giving them 5 sims or 6 pets in the screenshot. That easily.... but no

Annoying maxis - we don't know
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:20 PM
On this one website it was said pets count as common family members so they'll take up space :-(
And before you ask: I forgot where I read this but it might have been games radar or thesimszone or something like that ...
#13 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Monkey poopy heads.

Sorry but :laugh:
#14 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
I've always wanted to make an old lady who keeps about twenty cats!

Me too!! I've always wanted to do that!!!!
#15 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:31 PM
Its kind of odd, they announce it and we still know just as much as we already knew... almost nothing :P
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreDo
Me too!! I've always wanted to do that!!!!

Yay, someone who shares my ideas! Great minds think alike! I wanted to base it off the Kat family from The Sims Unleashed, but on a larger scale!

Swiftsign - Whereabouts in the main thread? Its an awful large thread...!

Edit: Bottom page 62!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#17 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:41 PM
lol around page... 62/63 i believe :P

exact link : http://www.sims2community.com/showp...&postcount=1549
#18 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:41 PM
Even if they are part of the family of 8, you can just download the hack that allows you to have more then 8 people on a lot.
#19 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
So that's another thing someone will have to ask about at the chat...

When is the chat, by the way? And I agree with you cori. They had better come out with more info sooN!
#20 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:44 PM
^
in about 15 minutes, I believe? I could be wrong. >>
#21 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:48 PM
In about 3 hours actually
#22 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:50 PM
Hm? Somebody said that it was at 3 PST, and since it's central where I live, wouldn't it be at 2 here? Maybe I'm just stupid. Eek. I looked at a chart, but meh.
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:51 PM
It's 11:50 right now on the west coast, so 3 hours ten minutes
#24 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:52 PM
Oh.

so it's at four here, then? D= that's depressing. (It's 1:52 here, so I'm guessing it's at four.)
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:53 PM
it would be at five your time because you two hours ahead of them... i think

[SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrchid]*flip flops..belly tops..lemonade under the shade..blue skies..hot guys..late nights..water fights..ice cream..sweet dreams..party time..looking fine..sleeping in..sneaking out..thats what us girls are all about!*[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Page 1 of 3