Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
True.. why are they putting the button then...?

I suspect those photos are of the non-PC versions. In the trailer, they talk about the 'Town Park' area on DS, and many of the photos look like they were taken of a console version being shown on a TV set.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 9:07 PM
Maybe Maxis will make another sub 'hood, but I don't think so becuase on Sims Zone they also show the message that comes up when you first play the game with a new expansion. Like in OFB when they say stuff about Bluewater Village and why you should add it to your neighborhood. But with Pets the screen says that there's no need to search another town for pets because they've come to you and that there's new pet-related lots in the lot bin.

Maxis is probably just teasing us with that button, and maybe it serves as a reminder that you have the expansion. Kelpschinator, Unleashed didn't come with a new neighbourhood, it expanded the existing base 'hood to a huge size. I used to wonder what was beyond Sim Lane before Unleashed came out, heh.
Test Subject
#28 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 12:38 AM
I don't want a new neighborhood, the only one that I use is University anyways. They are slow & crowded :/
#29 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 3:25 AM
I never really go to the other towns that come with the eps so it makes no difference to me. I really don't see what they could have done for a whole other twon for pets anyways.
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 12:24 PM
I'm kinda glad there's no new neighbourhood. They were really starting to mount up, and it got annoying when I go to play, say, Veronaville instead of my usual Strangetown and have to associate collages and downtowns and all sorts of stuff before I can do anything.

Yes, I know I don't HAVE to, but that's not the point.
#31 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 2:35 PM
I actually like it when there are new neighborhoods. However, I think that there shouldn't be one for pets, because it would be just the same to make a downtown / shopping district area. Maybe they could expand the maximum size of neighborhoods though...

Blakkkcat13.
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 5:27 PM
I actually want a new hood, because of new townies so my sims can hire them for businesses. But for when there are no hoods, I'll just collaborate all of the pets lots onto a single Downtown/ShoppingDistrict and then add some more shops and cafes. I'll name the hood, "Central Park".

(I'm running out of townies)
Scholar
#33 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:09 PM
lol i dont use maxis townie often so i dont really care about them but i do like the stories (their premade familys) just because i dotn have to do anything other than give each and everyone of them a make over yuck maxis really doesnt have any good looking ones do they? plus i have loads of room in my ofb and downtown for any pets related lots i need but i suppose some people may need more but isnt downtown able to have several downtowns? (course that wont help those that dont have that ep)

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Theorist
#34 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:36 PM
The real problem that I have with the sub neighborhoods is that there's an extra loading screen to go through whenever I go to Downtown/Bluewater Village. It is nice that there are some sub neighborhoods though becuase I can put my own sims in them and consider my neighborhoods as entire worlds, not just one town or city. If you have a good neighborhood terrain (I'm using the Ellington Township terrain from MTS2) then there isn't that much need for more neighborhoods. I still have a nice area left for a "Central Park" with the terrain that I'm using.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 7:05 AM
Click HERE for a blog by MaxisLittleL on why there isn't a new neighborhood...makes great sense to me.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
#36 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 12:35 AM
I'm so happy they came to that decision.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 10:42 PM
I'm thrilled that there won't be a new neighborhood. It saves space on my computer and besides college, you can do everything from the main hood anyway.
Page 2 of 2