Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 5:24 AM
Default Unlockable things
Maxis said that in this expansion there will be "unlockable" things. What the heck does that mean? Some of the unlockable things will be pink fur and a zebra pattern for a dogs coat. These were mentioned on TSR and the official chat. How will they be unlocked? What are other unlockables?
Advertisement
#2 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 5:25 AM
Can you unlock them with boolProp? like you can do in CAS?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 5:29 AM
I'm thinking there must be some sort of legitimate way of getting these things. What would it be though? Like getting to the top of the doggie career track, maybe?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 5:34 AM
Maybe it look like this:
http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=4407

'the lost & found' item....

Theorist
#5 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 6:21 AM
Maybe you unlock stuff by doing certain things like in the console versions? Maybe by reaching the top of the pet careers you'll get special career rewards. Maybe you get something for creating a pet, buying one from a pet shop, or maybe you get something by training a pet, or even by making the pet a certain personality (you know, with the encouraging and training that can change their personality). I think there's a slight chance of unlockable objects too since that's part of the console versions and they just felt like bringing it over to the PC version. :bump:
#6 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 8:23 AM
It might be like, how we can unlock aspiration/career rewards - except this time they'd be for pets.

I don't know of any other unlockable items, though
#7 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:32 AM
They mentioned something for the console 'unlock and share' where you have to get a code to unlock an object but you can share that code with your friends.
But the site I got it from (TSR I think) didn't know how that shared over to the PC version
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nicola__x
It might be like, how we can unlock aspiration/career rewards - except this time they'd be for pets.

I don't know of any other unlockable items, though

Maybe a pet career reward for the showbusiness career is something to change the pet's appearance, with the pink fur option (in the same way that you can only get some Maxis hair colours by changing in the mirror).
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 1:42 PM
I think they said that you can unlock things by encouraging learned behavious (a new thing) to the max.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 3:49 PM
It said on the exchange you can unloack pink fur!

To be, or not to be,
That is the question.
Everyone has a hidden identity!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 3:57 PM
Awww, pink fur would be so cute!! :D

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:06 AM
Maybe it's unlockable like the higher-level meals?
#13 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 7:26 AM
I know on sims 1 for PS2 you had to unlock items by fulfilling in-game specifications, making the game much more linear...

perhaps they meant something similar for console versions of Pets?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:13 AM
you can unlock thing in the CONSOLE versions of the game... I really dont think they will do this to the PC version
#15 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 1:09 PM
I agree with Nicola__x. Maybe it's like aspiration rewards? They said that pets have wants, needs, memories, etc?
Scholar
#16 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 7:49 PM
to me it sounded like they were refering to the consoles to unlock items

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Test Subject
#17 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:07 AM
No it was definitely on the PC as well, I'm certain
#18 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:23 AM
Quote:
KEY FEATURES All Platforms

Sims Have New Friends - Pets! Sims can share their lives with their new pets and add more fun to the Sims experience. From dogs, cats, caged animals and more, your Sims share new friends to experience life’s precious moments. With so many different animals to choose from, there’s no telling what unpredictable experiences could occur!

Create-A-Pet: Choose from dozens of dog and cat breeds or customize features for a one-of-a-kind pet. You can even modify your pet’s body shape by choosing from specific colors and unique markings. Don’t like the way they act? Change their personality – from smart and sweet to silly and sloppy – anyone can create their ideal animal friend in The Sims 2 Pets.

"Sit, Spike, Sit": Your Sims can encourage and discipline pets, training them to shake, roll over, play dead, and more. Unruly pets might dig in the yard, claw the sofa, or topple the trash. Thankfully, a little training can go a long way.

Classic Sims Open-Ended Gameplay: Create and control digital characters over a lifetime, setting their goals in life from popularity and romance, to fortune and family– their stories are in your hands.

Share unique Pet unlocks: Use special codes to share unlockable pet accessories, fur types or markings with other The Sims 2 Pets players.

Here

And then the rabbit went funny and killed the world. (Message was too short to be posted without that.)
Scholar
#19 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 1:18 AM
oh well than i guess its maybe from their jobs? or somthin gnew they havent mentions yet

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#20 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 11:41 AM
Lol, that still doesn't tell us how we gain those codes, though.
Instructor
#21 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 11:49 AM
I trust our modders... they are so clever they can almost done everything!!! Buhuahahaha!... ehm... :D
#22 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vaalyah
I trust our modders... they are so clever they can almost done everything!!! Buhuahahaha!... ehm... :D

Why do I think there is going to be an InPET like InSIM and InTEEN? We could probably unlock it using one of those..
#23 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 7:23 AM
I guess we'll have to wait and see...
I am curious to find out how they're unlocked in the game, though.. >_>
Banned
#24 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 7:25 AM
Maybe they can be unlocked by earning a certain amout of asperation points.
#25 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chobitz
Why do I think there is going to be an InPET like InSIM and InTEEN? We could probably unlock it using one of those..

Quote:
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
-- Groucho Marx

InPET would just remind me of that quote, but it would be a handy tool.
Page 1 of 2