Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 10:01 PM
Default When's something going to happen?
We had a splurge of Sims 2 Pets related activity amoungst the gaming world (articles, pictures, news stories etc) on July 27th with then trickled out over the next few days and since then

Nothing

Well Pretty Much nothing.

So when are they going to do anything else? When will there be more reviews, moe movies, more screenshots, more info?

I know this is being demanding but it's not as if I'm demanding the game yesterday or anything - just feeling almost as starved as information as we were before the announcement.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 12:06 PM
Probably not till a month before the game is realised up until then we are all left in suspense.

In my opinion divulging too much can spoil the surprise.

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 12:49 PM
i got an email from gamespot last week to say sims 2 pets section was updated with a create a sim demo, didn't bother downloading it as i didn't get it, whya fter all this time have they decided to release a sims 2 demo?
#4 Old 12th Aug 2006 at 2:23 AM
There has always been a demo. It is just Bodyshop so you can create sims before you get the game.
#5 Old 12th Aug 2006 at 9:56 AM
With NL&OFB there were new pics/videos practiaclly every day!
Im quite upset that there was only 1 offical pets video, yet there were 2 glamour videos!
If they had any sense, they would have put up more that 1 video, as surely most people would buy Pets rather than Glamour (Id ather have Pets, but im gonna get them all anyway). But its going into Beta next week/this week, so hopefully more piccies soon :D:D
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Aug 2006 at 10:00 AM
Really, they need to show more pet stuff! At least show off some of the objects. I will die of boredom if I they don't get anymore pics/videos/the like.

♥ Kitty

"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once."

By Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
We had a splurge of Sims 2 Pets related activity amoungst the gaming world (articles, pictures, news stories etc) on July 27th with then trickled out over the next few days and since then

Nothing

So when are they going to do anything else? When will there be more reviews, moe movies, more screenshots, more info?

I know this is being demanding but it's not as if I'm demanding the game yesterday or anything - just feeling almost as starved as information as we were before the announcement.

Hopefully we'll get some new news within the next few weeks.
Theorist
#8 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 5:56 AM
I really wouldn't count on getting much more info about Pets since so much has been revealed already. Maybe there will be more on the new music and the new objects, maybe they will have a designer walkthrough video like they did with OFB. From the looks of it Maxis might reveal a little more each week.
#9 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 12:31 PM
I think we're getting too much Info, take GTA for example, GTA VCS comes out for the PSP around the same time as Pets comes out for PSP and we (The GTA Community) know Practicly Nothing about GTA, while EA are just telling everyone almost everything about Pets.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#10 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 4:07 PM
You guys need to calm down and be patient. If there's more info to be released, it will come. If not, you'll find out when you get the game.
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 4:19 PM
Well, one of the maxis people have posted a story on the official sims site involving pets, but it's really, really short.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...user_id=2443796
#12 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 1:27 PM
I think we've had enough to whet our appetite. There's only a few weeks until the release - the temptation doesn't have to last long.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 5:10 PM
www.g4mers.com got some updated news about pets.

(It's not an english website)
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 8:06 AM
Default Finally new stuff on the official website
Here Jeeeh!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#15 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 8:25 AM
Yeah that was already linked in the pets sticky thread.
#16 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 10:50 AM
the official site has updated the pets page today!
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 3:02 AM
After reading the first load of info about Pets, I was excited but then I told myself to never look at any other info about it until after the game is released because it'll spoil it for me; I read every single thing about all the other ex. packs and it spoiled most not all though of the fun for me and it hasn't been hard avoiding the info either!
#18 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 3:05 AM
Eh, reading about a game doesn't spoil much for me. I've read through FAQs/walkthroughs with spoilers and didn't feel like the game was spoiled for me. Actually experiencing the game myself is way different than just reading about it, seeing screenshots, or watching little video clips.

I'm not eager to get more info about the next expansion pack, but I'll happily take what I can get.
#19 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 10:33 PM
Gee, um, guys.

I don;t think there's all that much more info *to be* released....

I mean. Pets. They act like pets do.

That's...... pretty much it. Awesome.... but simple.
#20 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 9:42 PM
I'm sure there's more to the game than just pets. Like how University wasn't just about sending Sims to college. Some people might want to hear all the itsy bitsy details about the pets themselves, while others might want to know what else is included in the game.
Scholar
#21 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 12:38 AM
id like to see a little more of the pets in their life stages..just alittle i still want to be able to discover the majority of thenew stuff my self....id also think if they maybe has some new info or pics once a week (even just 1 or 2 new screens) it would be enough to keep most folks interested..or atleast me anways
Alchemist
#22 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle

Nothing

what else is there to tell?
Theorist
#23 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 4:49 AM
I think we got too much information at once. Like other people I don't want to see too much of this expansion before it's out. The only other things that I would be interested in seeing now would be a little more video footage of Pets in action, what all the included breeds are (I still want Chinchilla Persians, lol!), and more of the new music.

What I don't want to know about is how to unlock the new hidden content. I always find that knowing how to unlock stuff ruins the surprise of getting something new. I can easily guess that the method of unlocking most of the things if not everything is by making your pets learn the behaviours. I hope that there's other ways though. :bump:
#24 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 11:26 AM
I haven't looked at anything related to the expansion, except some threads in this forum. Part of the fun of a new game is figuring out how to play and discovering new things.
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 3:22 PM
I'm hungry for info about it, learning about stuff in a game makes me more excited. I've been looking at threads for more news, but I didn't find much. I'm kind of nervous as to whether we'll get more exotic pets, because I would love to see llamas and horses and maybe a carnivorous bunny. ^-^
Page 1 of 2