Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:05 PM
Default No new sim clothes?!
I have been reading about The Sims 2 Pets and it appears that there'll be NO new clothes! :confused:

Does that mean no new hairstyles either?

I was really looking forward to seeing what new clothing Maxis had come up with!

Minx
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:08 PM
I dont think maxis could do that. I think we havnt seen anything yet because its just been released so they want to show all the pets. I already see new furniture creeping out in some of the pictures. Clothing must come next.

^_^
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:09 PM
I read a review and they said that Maxis aren't planning to update Body Shop and there will be new furniture but no new clothes.
#4 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:18 PM
I don't mind if they don't. It is still early, so it might change. Besides, unless it comes from Maxis, I wouldn't take what's being said about the EP at face value right now.

There's always custom content to make up for the fact that there won't be new clothes/Body Shop items. At least for me. =P
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:21 PM
I don't really mind... I rarely use Maxis clothing, they are not really fashionable, except the few I love... I would hate to have no new furnitures though...

*Glares* >:( What are you looking at?
Alchemist
#6 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:21 PM
Bah, I can't say I care much whether the EP contains *any* new clothes, I never use Maxis stuff on my sims anyway. Furniture would be nice, but again, I got plenty custom stuff...

What I'm really looking forward to is the things creators and moddders can't do: interractions, animations, unique usable objects, and of course, PETS! :D

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:25 PM
I dont mind either, but sometimes, the meshes, and the hair meshes can be used for modders, think of the obf hair mesh, which i loved and then got even better once the modders really made it nice.

^_^
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 8:33 PM
I think custom content will fill that hole!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#9 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 8:40 PM
There may be some new stuff in it, but as the focus is on pets we may not have seen anything as of yet. Also they may be planning to not bother so much with that aspect, as the glamour pack is coming out in August.

Who knows!
#10 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 10:03 PM
Eh, don'y use maxis clothes anyway,more focused on pets to even worry about silly clothing.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 11:21 PM
They always do SOME clothes... Certainly with it being pets-oriented there will be less sim-related items than normal, but they'll at least have a uniform for the pet trainer, probably some silly shirts with kittens and puppies on 'em, etc.... They're not going to focus on it at all in prerelease info cos, well, who cares about clothes when we're getting PETS!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#12 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 11:56 PM
ya i agree i bet there will be some cloths all geared around pets and maybe even pet based businesses

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Field Researcher
#13 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 12:02 AM
Farthermore to what DiscordKitty said, I think that the pets EP will focus on just that. Pets and Pets accessories. Obviously new objects that we've wanted for some times, like a modern phone and more stylish furniture (I've seen some awesome new black lounges in the Pets buy mode catalogue).

I think that since the 'stuff' packs did not do as well as EA Games/Maxis appear to have hoped, they will now save all the hair meshes and new clothing for Stuff packs to try and give people like us (ie. access to lots of CC) a reason to buy.

Please call me Ace
Theorist
#14 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 12:20 AM
It would be strange to not have any new clothes or hair for our sims, even Uni had some hair styles that adults could have, and that ep focused heavily on young adults. I think there will be new clothes and hair for sims, but hardly any because of the focus on Pets. :bump:
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 12:34 AM
If there is hardly any new clothing or furniture it is because they want people to buy their stuff packs. Which I am already buying and I am sure that a lot of other people are buying them too. Lately I haven't been into custom content, I just can't find any really good websites :/ [aside from makeup & hair ]
Instructor
#16 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 12:48 AM
I wouldn't miss maxis clothing, really, we have enough sandals and high waist pants from the base game. I rather download meshes and clothes from creators with better taste and have from Maxis what cc creators can't give us: pets!
#17 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 12:57 AM
Dude, there;s a while pack coming out full of clothes and ****.

GLAMOUR!

Just buy that.
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 5:58 AM
Since I download 50 outfits a day, I honestly couldn't care less. >_>

I just wants me pets.
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 2:15 PM
You gotta admit, the hairstyles are usually pretty good and modders use those to improve them. We wouldn't have the "emo" cut, if it wasn't for Maxis.

I see what you mean about the clothing though.
Instructor
#20 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 2:19 PM
Be honest!
Who CARES about MAXIS stuff anyway these days?!
#21 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 2:37 PM
My thoughts exactly, Aleesha.
#22 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketchy
Since I download 50 outfits a day, I honestly couldn't care less. >_>

I just wants me pets.

AMIN FOR THAT :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 3:28 PM
They probably wouldnt include clothes because they are bringing out the glamour pack

If you notice this notice then you'll notice this notice is not worth noticing
Scholar
#24 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 6:00 PM
i mostly just like maxis stuff sinc ei cant mesh and i like having new shapes to work with but you are all right now adays the creators are so much more talented than most of maxis stuff

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#25 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aleesha
Be honest!
Who CARES about MAXIS stuff anyway these days?!

Bingo.

And let's please remember - the point of this expansion is the PETS! This is animal-based!
Page 1 of 2