Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 4:48 AM
Default Create-A-Pet?
Does anyone know if the Create-a-Pet will be for download early like the Create-a-Sim thing was?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 5:12 AM
Create-a-sim wasn't downloadable earlier, bodyshop was and it is doubtful that a pet bodyshop will be.
#3 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 5:17 AM
Pet bodyshop will probaly be a upgraded like for body shop or maybe marc1 is right.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 5:18 AM
oh thats right! thanx!
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 5:43 AM
one article (link from snooty) said it looked unlikely that they would try to update the external body shop. but maybe we will get a separate pet body shop.....we can wish...
#6 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 5:45 AM
I can see it now...
"Choose your pet's fur color"
#7 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 8:24 AM
I really hope we do, but I think it would just make me want the game even more/quicker :P
#8 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:56 AM
Well they haven't finished yet. Maybe when they're closer to going gold they'll consider it and give us something to ease the pain till october (hands up everyone suffering from extentionitus again?)
#9 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
Well they haven't finished yet. Maybe when they're closer to going gold they'll consider it and give us something to ease the pain till october (hands up everyone suffering from extentionitus again?)

No idea what that means.. but if it means I can't wait (at all)... then *raises hand* :P
Field Researcher
#10 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 4:15 PM
I didn't even think the CAP was confirmed yet...

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
#11 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 5:15 PM
yep in chat it was
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#12 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimFreak
I didn't even think the CAP was confirmed yet...

Sadly it's only going to be an ingame thing. It was posted somewhere in here that they have no current plans of reworking bodyshop.
#13 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 5:28 PM
God... october.

*blank stare*

Sorry, I blacked out for awhile there! LOL! I wish they were going to comeout with a pets bodyshop, but you have to admit it does sound unlikely. It would just be nice getting to experiment with some of the tools before the actual game came out.
#14 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
Sadly it's only going to be an ingame thing. It was posted somewhere in here that they have no current plans of reworking bodyshop.

Yeah, I remember hearing somewhere that Maxis weren't going to make a standalone Bodyshop program for pets, due to a problem with 'resources' (whatever that may mean).
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#15 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 11:54 AM
I'd heard that too - but I've also heard that they're going to have pets on the Exchange, and they've never included upload functionality within the game, which leads me to believe they will go ahead and do some sort of pet Body Shop.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#16 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I'd heard that too - but I've also heard that they're going to have pets on the Exchange, and they've never included upload functionality within the game, which leads me to believe they will go ahead and do some sort of pet Body Shop.

oh i hope your right
unless of course they will let you package the CAP pet in game then let you upload to the official site sigh...but i really do hope even if it is a moth or so after they release the game they update body shop or add a new pet version ill be happy

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#17 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 11:07 PM
I'll be praying every night until I have the game in my hands. And then I'll either be dancing or crying.
Instructor
#18 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 11:14 PM
Trying waiting till Christmas lol :fright: :jaw:

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
#19 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 9:45 AM
Then, I would be crying.

For months.
#20 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 11:39 AM
On the BBS (ts2.com), some1 said on Teen People magazine, their friend got it, and said theres a Create-A-Pet Demo?!
Nobody else has replied to that now, and nobody has said anything.
Anybody else know about that?
#21 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 12:09 PM
I heard (from people on the BBS again - callum91 we really need to get better sources, don't we? ) that the Teen People preview only had what they had on the official website
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 3:19 AM
A create a pet... demo? A dangerous idea. Demos are only done for products that would be sold in a complete way by other means. A "demo" of a pet body shop would only mean one thing: that, unlike Bodyshop, it would be a separate thing to buy.

Fortunately, common sense denies such posibility. By giving Bodyshop for free, EA allows the creation of ton of user made custom content, a galaxy more than they would be able to create just by themselves, wich keeps people interested in the game all the time. Giving Bodyshop for free was not a gesture of good will, but a very well calculated marketing strategy

And this last time looking back I'll see my home, for she awaits me reaching for my soul. She calls my name, and waves me on. The fallen one, she stands in flames
#23 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 6:11 AM
Trissle, we do need better sources ,yes To be honest, i HATE the BBS! Like, in Pets Forum , its all 'WeReWolfZ In PetZ!! Pictures InSIDE!! ' then, 'WOW!! Ive never sen that b4, have a bene!'
>: (
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 8:22 PM
I kinda hope there IS. Because I'd really like to make cats that look like my own, and I probably won't like the maxis eyes for them or anything... so I'd probably have to make my own... and... it would just be so much better if they did. Heh.
#25 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by callum91
Trissle, we do need better sources ,yes To be honest, i HATE the BBS! Like, in Pets Forum , its all 'WeReWolfZ In PetZ!! Pictures InSIDE!! ' then, 'WOW!! Ive never sen that b4, have a bene!'
>: (

HAHAHAHA! I actually had a girl send me a message on there saying, "mi ish a seen kid n muh pants r titur den urz lawlz im coo!!!1111one".
(Translation: "I am a 'scene kid' and my pants are tighter than yours. Haha! I'm cool!")

EDIT: As for there being a demo, Courtney Marchelletta at Answers says:
"Maxis has never released a demo for any of the expansion packs for "The Sims" or "The Sims 2." The tradition will continue with Maxis not releasing a demo for "The Sims 2 Pets.""

I've done some trawling, looking for any evidence of a demo, and I've been left empty handed, so I think it's B.S.
Page 1 of 2