Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 11:56 AM
What are you Least looking forward to the upcoming Pets EP?
What are you at least looking forward to with the upcoming Pets EP?

Me, well, I may sound strange but i'm not really looking forward to the Dogs or Cats, I'm still haunted from the Sims1 of how much of a responibility that were.

But I properly get a parrot, or a fish or something that require a lot less attention and looking forward to the new music, new interactions, objects, walls and floors, and w/e else this EP has to offer.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 12:03 PM
You're not looking forward to the the dogs and cats? That's what the EP is about! But it might be too much work to take care of sim children, toddlers, babies AND the pets.
#3 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 12:22 PM
Im not looking forward to baby pets suddenly transforming into a adult, without any 'child' stage inbetween
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 12:26 PM
I'm not looking forward to my game lagging, or having to take out my downloads, and waiting for updated versions of insim, inteen, ect, Its the same with every EP *sigh*

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 12:29 PM
Not looking forward when the pets die!
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 12:30 PM
I'm with you there Lolli, I'm gonna have to buy it, but I mught just wait until at least insim is updated. XD
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 12:41 PM
The bunch of not-so-good Maxis clothings.

*Glares* >:( What are you looking at?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 1:36 PM
I'm not looking forward to pets at all - but I'm really excited about the new phone, and I saw some awesome new lounges and stylish furniture for the game, so I'm hanging out for that.

If I had the option, I'd only install the new objects, and forget the pets and create-a-pet - which is sure are bring my computer to a halt (and my computer's pretty decent)

Please call me Ace
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 1:44 PM
I'm least looking forward to the installation!
Something *always* goes wrong!
:flame:

Autism Awareness, dudes.
1 in 166.
Autism- know the facts.elija
Scholar
#10 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 3:23 PM
mostly just not likeing that its only just the basic pets i was really hopeing for more i want a farm and zoo or atleast have the possibility to make one
also not lookign forward to what usually happens many downloads will stopworking with this ep (objects meshes usually for me )

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 3:34 PM
-Redownloading all of my favs. InSim, InTeen, ect., ect.
-That the game will have such a limited amount of pets to choose from and the pets that are not dogs and cats basically suck.
-That the game offers nothing else if you don't like pets.
-That, like TS1, I'll only play pets one or two times and get annoyed by them and never play them again.
-That my game will go slower.
-That the new supernatural being is a wearwolf. I want witches!
-And this one is by far the worst to me, that when I want to download stuff, I must have Pets. It aggravated me when I uninstalled OfB and almost everything required OfB! That's the reason why I installed it back.

If you haven't noticed by now, I'll probably steer clear of this ex. pack unless it comes with something really spectacular...
Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 3:38 PM
I'm not looking forward to the strays, and the other animals that coming running through your let because honestly, you city doesn't have animal control. I don't want a reason to call the exterminator because I didn't notice that some stray/skunk/bear decided it would be fun to tip my garbage container over.
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 3:54 PM
I'm not looking forward to my game chunging as soon as I install this. I've made this decision it's either Open For Business or Pets and I want pets more then OFB.
#14 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 4:26 PM
I'm looking forward to everything in the game, just not the installation.
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bad kay
You're not looking forward to the the dogs and cats? That's what the EP is about!

:einstein

Nothing unusual about that, I have NL yet never go to Downtown, I have OFB yet never create up any businesses, and how many people have University and never play Univeristy?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 6:30 PM
I think if it had strays that would be a down point, unless there was something like the sign un unleashed to stop them from staying on a lot.

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Scholar
#17 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 9:06 PM
well they did say that the syrays arent suppossed to be so bad this time and are a "special" even basically as in they wont be comign around all the time and a cheat so they dotn show up at all if you want

"MaxoidHunter Wrote: Heya. I agree with you completely about Strays in Unleashed! Here are a couple of precautions we're taking: - Tuning strays so they come much more rarely and feel more like an special event as opposed to an inescapable reality. - Making strays not pull your Sims out of interactions or destroy your lot, feeling more like a walkby Sim (you opt-in to interact with them). - Giving you guys a cheat to turn off strays (per lot). Hope this alleviates some concerns. "
(found at thesimscenter.com)

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Minx
I'm looking forward to everything in the game, just not the installation.

LOL, right on, OFB was good...only one disc, but the original game install was fine for me also as I used the DVD version.
#19 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 10:42 PM
The only thing I don't like is having 2 disks, but everything else will bee FANTASTIC!
#20 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 11:22 PM
I'm a bit disapointed in the lack of content. I mean, almost no new furniture, no new clothing...
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 11:35 PM
dealing with the bugs and having to work out which of the many thousands of downloads are causing conflict, i didn;t actually have a lot of pie menu features from uni for a few weeks after i bought it because of a hack, i didn't actually realise they were suppose to be there!

I would hate to be a sims 2 hacker right before an ep comes out especially for stuff like the inteen and insim, it's as if everytime they a get a really good bugless version the next ep is coming out, i would dread it if i were them#

also not actually being able to control pets
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 12:19 AM
Looking forward to all of it. I don't mind if they haven't added a great deal besides pets, the reason I'm going to buy this is so I can have pets.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TaxiHorse
:einstein

Nothing unusual about that, I have NL yet never go to Downtown, I have OFB yet never create up any businesses, and how many people have University and never play Univeristy?

You're right , I don't go to downtown, I don't have many shops and I really don't like playing the young adults.
But I think it will be different with pets, since they live with your sims, and I won't have to load anything like a club or a shop or a dorm.
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 9:02 AM
I will try out the pets on 1 or 2 families, but I when I first got sims1 Unleashed, I thought it was a good idea to give EVERY family a least 1 pet, in the long-term I found it wasn't such a great idea after all. Full Time job thats for sure
#25 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 10:07 AM
Im not looking forward :
to the bugs, and the fact that i have to wait for all my beloved hacks to be updated :'(
Especially the InTeen, as the creator wasnt going to update it for OFB, and i cant live without it....
And the fact that we wont be able to make pet custom content (we havent heard of anything of a PetShop yet) or to what i know of......
The fact that i have a Nvidia FX5200, and i want another card!
That i have to update /replace my graphicrules files,,,,so dumb, but hey, slightly better graphics.
The fact that here in NZ, i have to wait 10days after the US release,a week after the UK date, which if i was in the UK (where i come from) id get it a week early!!
Page 1 of 4