Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 1:20 PM
I'm not looking forward to giving up some money to buy the game...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 1:21 PM
How slow my computer gets
Instructor
#53 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 1:51 PM
I'm not looking forward to the same annoying thumbnails in Bodyshop and Cas, 3 in a row, that's way not enough and the fact that if you delete a download the list will flip back to the beginning
Test Subject
#54 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 3:10 PM
I'm not looking forward to:
- the installation (I hate having to install more than one disk!)
- My laptop slowing down and it's pretty decent
- having to try and control adults, young adults, teens, children, toddlers, babies and pets.

I do not suffer from insanity...I enjoy every moment of it.
Test Subject
#55 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaKingNoodle
Im not looking forward to baby pets suddenly transforming into a adult, without any 'child' stage inbetween

But isn't that how pets grow anyways? They go from babies to adults to elders just like in pets. I could be wrong but i thought that is a pets life stage in real life as well.
Test Subject
#56 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 7:49 PM
I agree J. My cousins puppy went from puppy to adult in 5 minutes.

If people could read my mind they would go slowly insane....O__o
#57 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jmaster3265
But isn't that how pets grow anyways? They go from babies to adults to elders just like in pets. I could be wrong but i thought that is a pets life stage in real life as well.

Do you mean that there should be an elder stage for Pets? I know that would be realistic but that is not a nice stage to watch your pets go through. I've seen it twice with my dogs and another is in the early parts of it now (He has all the Border Collie traits of Old age - Grey hair (seriously) and selective disobedience). Especially if their hips go... it's terrible, they can't even walk round the block anymore.
I don't think there should be an elder stage for Pets. If there was that would be what I was looking forward to least.

If not then sim Pets dying would be the worst
#58 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 8:50 PM
I'm not really looking forward to how basic the parrots seem to be. Out of all of my pets (dog, cat, two parrots) it's the birds that have the most personality and are constantly goofing around. I also don't like that the three parrots I've seen so far are all the same size. Macaws, cockatoos and rainbow lories are very different in size and shape...
Theorist
#59 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 10:30 PM
Let's see, I'm not looking forward to:

-the longer wait for this expansion (looks like it'll be worth it though)
-amount of money I'll spend (I'm getting the PC and Gamecube versions)
-the bigger loading time that happens when loading a new ep for the first time
-removing hacks and other downloads
-backing up huge 3 GB downloads folder in case something goes wrong with Pets
-possibility of more lag and longer load times for everything (especially CAS)
-there are less kinds of pets than Unleashed
-could be hard to find in stores due to the game selling like crazy
-this might be the buggiest expansion of them all! :smash:

Also, the possibility of evil llamas blowing up the Maxis offices because they're not adoptable pets. What? I'm kidding!
Test Subject
#60 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
Do you mean that there should be an elder stage for Pets? I know that would be realistic but that is not a nice stage to watch your pets go through. I've seen it twice with my dogs and another is in the early parts of it now (He has all the Border Collie traits of Old age - Grey hair (seriously) and selective disobedience). Especially if their hips go... it's terrible, they can't even walk round the block anymore.
I don't think there should be an elder stage for Pets. If there was that would be what I was looking forward to least.

If not then sim Pets dying would be the worst

No, i read in a review form a fansite that got to go to EA studios and test Pets and they said the pet stages are baby *puppies kitties* adult then edler* and they said pets can die.
#61 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 11:52 PM
Just wanted to add this about strays even tho some one mite have said it already but i dont want to be here reading all you threads because its late and i cant be bortherd

[Quote]Strays will occassionally walkby and will not destory any property. It will be up to you to make the Sim and stary interact.[Quote]

I am looking forward to this new ep,I have all of them expect family fun but it doesnt really catch my eye.When testing out a new ep i unstall all the games that are already in and just put the Sims2 and the new ep in and test it out that way bit of a pain but it works for me lol
#62 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 1:28 PM
I'm not looking forward to sifting through all of my downloads in a Sims 2 Custom Content Spring Clean before the game comes out.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 7:45 AM
I would always recommend, treat the EP just like a global hack, when you first install Pets, its really best to test out its new features and what it can do, on a neighborhood you don't really care about, this saves the inconvience of having to the restore a backup, if you pick things you don't end up liking.

I wouldn't necessary say Pets would slow your game down, a single Pet would just take as much or slightly less resources than a human sim, just you would say 1 less sim to invite to your parties, which is no big deal.

I'm not looking forward to how space it gonna take on my Hard Drive, and the new bugs this will certainly bring.
#64 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 11:06 AM
There not being a PEtShop (ATM anyway)(but Ive said that already) and i dont like to part with my money, but im so going to get it anyway. Plus that i would be getting it 6days later than i normally would too
OT @ simsample, i manage to find the 84.21 drivers, and i find no difference All that downloading for nothing!
#65 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 6:48 PM
dogs go through an "adolescent" stage.

Usually they start ******* on Everything.

But they are usually almost dog sixe by then.

There's not much of a child phase, no.
#66 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 6:52 PM
I think I am looking forward to everything, but I am very worried that the problems I had with OFB (BSOD) will not get better and may even get worse. I will be very sad if I still can't really play my game.

I am not bothered by cleaning out CC...I will run the game once, then dump in almost all my CC except for a few possibly troublesome mods, and see if it explodes or not. Hey, it's worked for me before! Sure, I could take a trip to Europe in the time it takes my game to load....but that's okay, it helps me get stuff done.
#67 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 9:47 PM
hehe, mines 10 minutes and i think that's bad.
#68 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 10:13 PM
Years from now seeing how much $$ I wasted

Seriously... when I went to go buy University (again, because apparently my disk went mysteriously missing in a house full of siblings who love the game *grumbles* and then I moved to a RL university and boom, no disk! WAH) I noticed right next to it...

The Sims 2 University: $40
The Sims and first 2 EPs: $40
The Sims Ultimate (or whatever) with every Sims1 EP: $40

I bought every EP for the first game, *sniffle* someday I'll see a super discount like that and just cry at having to give up what amounts to 2 weeks worth of food *sniffle*
#69 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 3:45 PM
Haha, ten minutes is nothing. Mine takes 17 to begin loading. And that's not because my computer's slow... it's because I have several dozen GB of downloads! Tragic, I know. The Original Sims game took 45mins to load because of all my downloads...
#70 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim Master
I'm looking forwart to everything........except the skunks.

WwhHAT! the skunks and raccoons are the cutest part! I (like i used to in origanal pets) will make a pen out of fence, put out food and water, and get my children to play with it so they get attacked AWWWWH

least looking forward to pets bugging sims when they are in bed by sitiing next to it so your sim is trapped in bed
#71 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 5:20 PM
I'm not look for paying for the game, period. I can't stand parting away from thirty bucks. Plus, I don't get allowance and I doubt my parents will buy for me. I just have to scrap up every since penny I have left..which is like seven pennies.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#72 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 5:24 PM
I'm not looking forward to possible changes with objects - if pets can destroy furniture I'm wondering if it means all downloaded objects might not be useable. Hopefully it just means they don't show damage and can still be used.

Also, I fear it'll create more work when creating/recolouring things.
#73 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 7:16 PM
hmmm, interesting fear.
Test Subject
#74 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 5:02 AM
Like it's bin said before re-downloading all my custom downloads,I have hacks,CAS screen and what not,I think I'll just re-installing my games. T.T

(it's not as has easy as emtying my downloads and some of my favorite downloads maynot even work)

Oh well
Test Subject
#75 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shoobles
I'm not really looking forward to how basic the parrots seem to be. Out of all of my pets (dog, cat, two parrots) it's the birds that have the most personality and are constantly goofing around. I also don't like that the three parrots I've seen so far are all the same size. Macaws, cockatoos and rainbow lories are very different in size and shape...

I'm sort of in agreement with this. I understand and like all the focus they gave to the cats and dogs but I don't see why they couldn't have put at least a bit more into the other pets or perhaps added another kind of pet (such as ferrets) that can do pretty much anything the dogs and cats can.

I'm not sure what I'm not looking forward to the most. I'm a little worried that the cats body sizes won't be as different as they need to be. I have two cats that are as big as medium sized dogs and I'm wondering if that will be possible im ts2 pets.
Page 3 of 4