Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 11:24 PM
Default Official Pets for PC Chat
Quote:
Get the latest and greatest from our game producers before the game ships! We will be holding a chat with the PC team from 2:30-3:15pm PDT on Thursday.

Discuss the upcoming chat and post your transcripts here!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 1:10 AM
What questions are there still to ask? We know nearly every little detail about the game already! The only questions that I can think of are how owning your own pet shop with OFB works, how long pets are pregnant (if at all), and how to unlock stuff.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 1:23 AM
I say ask why the werewolf looks so stupid :D

Also how you become one.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 1:23 AM
I'm curious as to how many days are in each life cycle.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Theorist
#5 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
I say ask why the werewolf looks so stupid :D

Also how you become one.

Oh right! The werewolf is indeed terrible looking, and shouldn't dogs be able to be one instead of sims? We already know how to getwerewolves though, the wolf with glowing yellow eyes has to bite your sim. I don't think there's supposed to be a command for that however. You can also make other sims werewolves through the "savage" interaction. :smash:

Something just occoured to me when I read your post Purplepaws. I wonder if the aging off cheat will work for pets, or if there's a separate cheat for them, or if we have to be stuck with aging pets. I always play with aging off so that's a big concern for me. :fly
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 1:43 AM
Ahhh but, how do you get the yellow eyed dog to bite you? No one I have talked to has been able to find out. He doesn't seem to want to bite really friendly sims or enemies. Sooooo ...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
What questions are there still to ask? We know nearly every little detail about the game already! The only questions that I can think of are how owning your own pet shop with OFB works, how long pets are pregnant (if at all), and how to unlock stuff.

Beings that the BBS is a little ...slow, people will be wasting time asking questions that we already to know the answer too. I doubt we will learn any thing new.

I have my driving test tomorrow; otherwise I'd try to get into the chat and keep a transcript of it...in the hope we get something new. Oh well, I need to get my license. :frying:

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
#8 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
Ahhh but, how do you get the yellow eyed dog to bite you? No one I have talked to has been able to find out. He doesn't seem to want to bite really friendly sims or enemies. Sooooo ...

Well, there's the good old boolprop code that makes everything switch to debug mode. i'm sure there will be lots of things new you can do with it. (You can probably even click and instantly get a werewolf. And pressing shift-N in create a sim causes it to reveal hidden stuff for sims, so maybe it'll unlock the wolf that bites your sims?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 3:00 AM
I sometimes like to read funny things in the chat transcript, but I prefer new information. Questions like "Can the cowplant have a pet?", "Is the Pets Expansion Pack really about pets?", "Can pets drive cars and have dates like Sims in Nightlife?", "What is something basic that the vast majority of the community already knows is going to be included?", and "Why can't the cowplant have a pet?" should be automatically filtered out by the chat software. :hmm:

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 3:07 AM
They should filter questions like this

Question goes to mod or simmaster or whatever
Question is read
They ask themselves - is this question retarded?
Answer yes
Question not asked.

I hate all the time wasting idiotic crap.
Scholar
#11 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 3:44 AM
or not to mention how may times they answere the same question over and over....id liek to know if leg length is adjustable or if there is at least weiner dogs!

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Instructor
#12 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 5:40 PM
Oooh! Just make sure people DO post transcripsts! I can't be bothered to try and get on it!

I remember in the last transcrips, someone from the exchange asked if you could breed a cat and dog... :P

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Theorist
#13 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 10:38 PM
It's said in the chat that there will be a cheat to stop aging pets. Whew!

Edit:
Puppy/kitten stage = 3 days
Adult: "25-ish"
Elder:5-10
#14 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 11:09 PM
Hmm,the PawPrint button gives INFO about the pack,lol,not a neighbourhood
Scholar
#15 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 11:25 PM
Darn it, I didn't get any of my five questions answered. However, they did respond to two similar questions about the length of life stages and walking the dog.

Sensitivity is strength.
#16 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 11:31 PM
purplepaws,I asked well over 15,lol! Not 1 answer! But 3people or something ALL asked simialr questions and got them answered >: (
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 11:33 PM
i didn't get any answered. I got there 10 minutes late, so i'll check the transcript---maybe they answered some of them before I got there.
#18 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 11:52 PM
oh and dogs are meant to eat homework...
Theorist
#19 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 11:59 PM
Now that should be funny to see, lol! :laugh:
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 12:19 AM
Hah, I goobered this one and totally forgot about it.

Hopefully a transcript will pop up.
Scholar
#21 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 1:12 AM
The transcript's up! Here's the link:

http://thesims2.ea.com/community/chat_10_05_06_pc.php

Sensitivity is strength.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 1:17 AM
Quote:
meruru5 (Oct 5, 2006 2:20:25 PM)
Will you be able to breed small dogs and big dogs together?

MaxisHunter! (Oct 5, 2006 2:20:25 PM)
Yes, you can. Pugbrador Retriever!

OMG!!! I almost died of laughter when I saw this!!

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Field Researcher
#23 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by callum91
purplepaws,I asked well over 15,lol! Not 1 answer! But 3people or something ALL asked simialr questions and got them answered >: (

Similar? Someone (the same person) asked the same question twice and got it answered twice.

Am I the only one who felt like :frying: someone when the maxoids answered the question "Can womrats and birds bread?" With "No interspecies breading." That was not the question at all.
#24 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 3:28 AM
tlynn2002 (Oct 5, 2006 2:20:38 PM)
Are there work bonuses for pets?

MaxisLittleL (Oct 5, 2006 2:20:38 PM)
Yes, as you progress through a career you will unlock special content like collars and new fur colors.

well now we know what they mean by "unlockable content"

MaxisLittleL (Oct 5, 2006 2:24:49 PM)
You can have any combination of 8 Sims or 6 pets that adds up to 10. Womrats and Birds don't count towards your lot limit.
MaxisHunter! (Oct 5, 2006 2:25:14 PM)
(Yeah, that number went from 12 to 10, unfortunately)

dangit, I want more aminals!

OMG, reading this I just realized what song by Pussycat Dolls is in it (I didn't know who did it but suddanly it clicked)-- it's that girlfriend song! "Don'tcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me"! Oh wow.

Birds and womrats are different species, therefore cannot breed. They also took care of dog/cat breeding questions at the same time to limit stupidity. Clever! But then they kept re-allowing similar questions so they could expand on what they'd said with something they forgot >.>
Field Researcher
#25 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yamikuronue
Birds and womrats are different species, therefore cannot breed. They also took care of dog/cat breeding questions at the same time to limit stupidity. Clever! But then they kept re-allowing similar questions so they could expand on what they'd said with something they forgot >.>

My point was that the person who asked the question obviously meant can birds bread with other birds and can womrats bread with other womrats. It is just a little silly to write out the whole thing. I guess it wasn't that obvious though...
Page 1 of 2