Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by callum91
hmmm,interesting
Chelsey,where are you from? what region do you gt yours from?

I'm from Canada, so North America
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 2:13 AM
I'm with everyone else on this, logging in just to play would be very annoying. And if *they're* having downtime or anything like that, then I'll never get to play, because my internet connection has been known to randomly drop out for days at a time.. ^^
Test Subject
#28 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 4:34 AM
I'm using the Downloader. I used steam to buy Half Life 2 and this is the same premace. I'm currently DL-ing it and it looks like it will only take about 2 hrs. I can keep it going overnight so I don't need to wait. This way I will be able to play it on midnight of the 18th.
As for the accusations that if your computer crashes you will loose it; not true. It even says right on there that if you loose it you can DL it for free. Additionally for the "logging in every time for use" steam had an auto login when your computer started up and an offline mode to play when the Internet goes down.

Safety of discs? discs break, CD keys get lost. I prefer having a legal account saying that I own Pets than a piece of plastic that is easily scratched to the point that it won't work anymore.
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 1:48 PM
i only want the disk b/c of the disc covers (i got 2 metres full of disc covers)
Instructor
#30 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 6:33 PM
Disk..! I don't know, there's just something about them. They look all shiny when you first get them, and I sort of collect boxcovers. Yeah, sounds wierd, but I'v got 2.5 metres of them already and it's growing.. :D

Feel free to call me Squash

Field Researcher
#31 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 3:37 AM
Yeah, you no longer have to log in to play the game. I have no problems playing it when my 'net is down.

I'm going to download when I get home.
Page 2 of 2