Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 12:22 PM
Im not gonna, coz i need my new pc 1st
Advertisement
#27 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 5:39 PM
Heck no. It's cheaper to buy it the day it comes out, because they have sales and stuff. Oh well, Pets comes out exactly 3 days before my birthday. Happy Birthday to me! :bump:
#28 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xXkatXx
Im not gonna, coz i need my new pc 1st

I'm also saving up for a computer. Mine is screwed up.
Alchemist
#29 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 7:12 PM
I don't do pre order. I just run down to Gamestop and pick it up on Launch day. Pre ordering sometimes get you the game afterwards
Test Subject
#30 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 7:17 PM
I pre-ordered it...it said it would take 5 to 10 days...does that mean it will take 5 to 10 days to get here?
Test Subject
#31 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 7:19 PM
Does anyone here live near a Best Buy? Everytime a new EP is released I go to best buy on the release date (typically Besy Buy has it a day or two before wal-mart even) and buy it there and once I got a freebie for buying it there (I think I got a cd priced at $15 bucks or less for free). They always have plenty in stock there. If you go the day it's released anyway.
Test Subject
#32 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fiesta De Sims
Heck no. It's cheaper to buy it the day it comes out, because they have sales and stuff. Oh well, Pets comes out exactly 3 days before my birthday. Happy Birthday to me! :bump:

They have a release date? I looked yesterday at the sims ea site and they just said fall.
#33 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 7:59 PM
Heh, I guess no one thinks it was a mistake.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 8:51 PM
Nope. I'm not pre-ordering. I'm one of those people who have yet to get any stuff packs, and OfB. I'm getting a new computer, so I can't wait for pets!!

~Kitty

"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once."

By Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary
#35 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happenin_holly
I was wondering about this too, but then I checked other sites and it isn't just play who have listed it as £34.99 (original price) as several others have it quoted at this price. The lowest I've seen was the £26.99 on play, which was supposedly a reduction from the actual price! This got me thinking: perhaps you can buy Pets for PC without having The Sims 2 beforehand? Perhaps it comes with the original game on it and that is why they've made it so expensive? Or perhaps Maxis have just realised the full selling potential of this game. After all, Unleashed was the biggest selling expansion for TS1, and so many people demanded Pets for TS2 that they can probably get away with selling it so dear! I'll still buy it, no matter what the cost (but shhh, don't tell Maxis!)

game.co.uk have it for £19.99 which is the cheapest I've seen. Amazon has sold out of their preorder copies
Test Subject
#36 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 11:00 PM
I preordered my from EA games a few weeks ago. They had a deal where, GLSP had free shipping regardless, but if you were already buying GLSP then you got free shipping with Pets too. Around $50 for two games, that will be delivered to my doorstep is worth it! I'd have to pay my nan $15 for gas to take me to Walmart regardless lol. I think it is worth preordering, especially if Sims is your life [mine :x] <3
Field Researcher
#37 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 11:03 PM
I will be pre-ordering Pets extremely soon. :D

And, uh, word has it that "Santa Claus" will be buying me Glamour Life for Christmas. lol

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Test Subject
#38 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kinako
Heh, I guess no one thinks it was a mistake.

If you are good with the controls then it is not a mistake. I am so used to my computer that when I tried to play The Sims 2for PS2 I could hardly manuever lol.
#39 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 11:19 PM
The release date is October 17th, I believe.
Test Subject
#40 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fiesta De Sims

hehe, it comes out exactly 3 days after my birthday so its happy birthday to me to,

if it weren't coming out so close to my birthday i would probably preorder - i usually get it off play.com because they normally have it £5 cheaper than anywehere else, they really need to sort out their pricing - but i'll probably just ask for that and glamour pack for my birthday - there are loads of places near me that sell games so i don't need to worry about either of them selling out.

Fiesta De Sims - it's the 20th here in the UK, i was so excited when i thought it was the 17th coz its my birthday but i'll just have to settle for three days later.
#41 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bambibaby
If you are good with the controls then it is not a mistake. I am so used to my computer that when I tried to play The Sims 2for PS2 I could hardly manuever lol.

I admit it took a little getting used to, but I got the hang of it quickly and I enjoyed that you could actually move the Sims around yourself. Of course, you can also change it to the classic control system of Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 1:58 PM
I probably will do but I havent yet

Dont forget to thank, it makes people feel better to know that you appreciate their hard work :)
#43 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 9:38 PM
ATTENTION BRIT PRE-ORDERERS!

Play.com has finally come to its senses and have corrected their price to £17.99 (their usual price for a pre-release ep pack)

So on a personal note I am now going to pre-order and can finally vote on the poll!

EDIT: Amazon.co.uk has it as well now for the same price
#44 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 7:50 AM
The only places I've found in Aussie that are talking about pre-ordering Sims have been requesting another $20 more than normal... I'm going to leave it for a while and see what I can find.
Test Subject
#45 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 1:43 AM
Meh, I live near 3 malls, a target, 2 stand alone gamestops, and 2 best buys. Between all of those stores, I think someone will have a copy on release. I've gotten all the eps on release, and stuff packs either within days or weeks (I waited for family fun until after the patch was released) of the release. I stopped pre-ordering games after my fiasco with the base game. I'd had it pre-ordered a year in advance and Amazon lost my order. When I called a week before release to sort everything out, they promised I'd get free overnight shipping, so I'd have it the day it was released. I didn't get it until a week after release. I figure it's just better if I run aorund like a crazed person on release day and pick it up, because then I'm responsible for it...Not that I think my computer will handle it very well, but I can try.
Test Subject
#46 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 4:59 AM
No, i doubt pets will be sold out. Plenty of stores will have a bunch of copies. I'll just stop on over to walmart and buy it there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jmaster3265
I'll just stop on over to walmart and buy it there.

Yeah. I think I'm gonna wait till it comes out. I need to scrape up the money. But I could always use the birthday money that I'm gonna get soon. Yeah. I'm gonna wait. It comes out in october, right?
Alchemist
#48 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 6:36 PM
Yeah, my boyfriend pre-ordered for me as a surprise The arrival date is actually somewhere in september but I'll have to wait and see...

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#49 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 6:38 PM
I have never pre ordered an expansion. The gifts that maxis gives you arnt worth it anways. Plus after a month or two the price will come down on it. And by then i will have read all about the new glitches and how to fix them.

If people could read my mind they would go slowly insane....O__o
#50 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 10:01 AM
Nah, haven't bothered... I always just wait til it comes out =)
Page 2 of 7