Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 8:42 AM
"Secret code" for hidden contents
I am a firmly believer not to run in a shop the first day that a game is released. But they are trying to change my mind. Yesterday I've seen a brochure of a local shop and they say that next friday (release of Pets here in Italy) there would be a 10% sales on the price AND...
suspence
a card with a secret code. With some game interaction of the code you could let your game to show you hidden contents (for exempla, a sort of criminal cat)(by the way, what should a criminal cat be???)
So I was wondering about buying it on the first release day, just for having these hidden contents. Ok, the question: is it true? Are there hidden content that you cannot see elsewhere? Is this happened already with the other EP (and was I the only one who didn't know?)?
Advertisement
#2 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 9:48 AM
By what Ive read,the BandiCat,PurplePug and StarDlamation are already in the game. They must be the rarest possibly,and thats why if you either preorder or in your case get it on release day,you have a head start on getting it
#3 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 11:25 AM
Some people already have the code to the bandit cat
But obviously they're not telling
Scholar
#4 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 9:17 PM
well thats cool...so some stores are letting you get the preorder codes for buying it on day of release i wonder if any US stores will bedoin this

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#5 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 12:47 AM
I bought Glamour Life at Wal-Mart and got a bonus download. Wish I could do the same for Pets. I'd love the bandit cat lol
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by callum91
By what Ive read,the BandiCat,PurplePug and StarDlamation are already in the game. They must be the rarest possibly,and thats why if you either preorder or in your case get it on release day,you have a head start on getting it

What you get on release day depends on the shop:

Here in belgium (and I guess netherlands also), you can get a scooter or 'the 3 hidden' pets (you get when pre-ordering) when you buy the game. You can get the scooter if you buy the game at 'Media Markt' and the 3 pets are with the game at 'Bart smit'.

hidden pets

scooter

(these pictures are from the belgium-sims2 site., it also says that you get the code for the pets on a card. For the scooter you will have to finish some sentence)
#7 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:59 AM
damn i want a scooter!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:42 AM
If I remember correctly, people in Italy always get the game earlier ...

However, it does not seem to be true anymore :p

Btw, we have to unlock both hidden pets and the scooter. XD

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:45 AM
The scooter is unlockable????
#10 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:49 AM
I would be surprised if it was, you guys can find anything and everything :D

The scooter does look cool though!
#11 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KKai
If I remember correctly, people in Italy always get the game earlier ...
Btw, we have to unlock both hidden pets and the scooter. XD
Actually we always get the game later then other countries 0_o , usually within 3-4 days after the game is released in the States.

Btw, is the scooter for TS2? I thought it was a real one 0_o ..lmao

(... Guess MediaMarkt is belgium version of ours MediaWorld )
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
The scooter is unlockable????

NO, it's not an item in the game. There is an action at that store, the "media-markt" that iff you buy the ep. pets, you can participate in an contest. The only thing you have to do is to come up with a sort of slogan. If you win, the prize is the scooter.

If you buy the game at the other store, "bart smith" you get a sort of code, and with that one you get the 3 hidden pets.

I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh. But I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry........
#13 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crzyladyi
NO, it's not an item in the game. There is an action at that store, the "media-markt" that iff you buy the ep. pets, you can participate in an contest. The only thing you have to do is to come up with a sort of slogan. If you win, the prize is the scooter.

If you buy the game at the other store, "bart smith" you get a sort of code, and with that one you get the 3 hidden pets.

Well I'll be buggered.Not fair.:banghead:

But my Spidey-sense is telling me that some scooters will slip out, and probably 'magically' appear on the dreaded exchange...
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#14 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 11:56 AM
ahem and any linkage to them will be warned- sorry guys cant talk about that stuff here.
Unlock codes are ok becuase maxis seems to say in the Prima guide that you can share those with friends. But anything else is a no no.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 7:54 PM
I preordered my copy through EA and got an email from them today with a code to unlock the bandit cat, even though it hasn't even shipped yet (as far as I know). o.O So people should have recieved those today, at least if they ordered through EA.

Lilaviel: the avid downloader

"Life Drawing: An Excuse to See Naked People"
#16 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilaviel
I preordered my copy through EA and got an email from them today with a code to unlock the bandit cat, even though it hasn't even shipped yet (as far as I know). o.O So people should have recieved those today, at least if they ordered through EA.

i got that e-mail too.
Scholar
#17 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 8:12 PM
does anyone know if any us stores will be doing the giving out codes thingy?

#18 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 8:23 PM
the Target i went into today said it would give a code for Star the dalmation... a dalmation with stars as its spots.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
does anyone know if any us stores will be doing the giving out codes thingy?

I preordered mine through EB games and I got a card with a code on it. He said they were giving them out until they didn't have anymore so maybe check there? I got two, but only ordered one game. Mine was the bandit cat which was the only one I liked out of the three anyways.
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 8:43 PM
Preordered mine through Gamestop and it came in today's mail (yay!). I also got an e-mail today from Gamestop confirming that my game shipped yesterday, along with directions to "Click here now to claim your Special Reward for your order!" ... ... Which was just a link to sign up with their business partner, Reservation Rewards. Phooey. Am hoping to get another e-mail from Gamestop with the supersecretmagic! code to unlock my bandit cat!

Hmmmn. How long do you think I should wait before I pester Gamestop about this? I don't want to be a *rude* obsessive Simsfan, and it's really not a big deal if I don't get the code from them, but that *is* kinda why I preordered...
Scholar
#21 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 8:48 PM
if i didnt get it by the 19th id bug them...since i think thats the new offcial release date (from offcial sims 2site)
hmm to bad no eb games store near me its walmart or gamstop and the one by me is rubish when it comes to pc games..im starting to think i should have preordered..i thought i wouldnt want the bonus pets but now i do lol

Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:19 PM
Ah. Re: Gamestop. I just read on the TheSims2.com bbs that Gamestop *should* be e-mailing the code out to people who preordered from them on Thursday. Hope this is the case!

Gives me more time to organize my downloads folder!
#23 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:22 PM
I just got my pre-oder code from ea.com for the bandit cat!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:31 PM
Same here. Which also makes me think that we probably should have received our copy of the game. :[ Ah well, i guess patience's a virtue.. i'm wondering if i'll be able to unlock the cat on both computer on which i play the sims 2? Or if it is some sort of unique use? Though that would not make sens in the future when people that had a code would need to reinstall. Ah well, i guess the only way i'll find out is when i'll try. :]

Art, the most sublime mission of mankind for it is the exercice of the mind that seeks to understand and to make understand.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#25 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:36 PM
From the breif blurb from the prima guide that I saw you should be able to use the code over and over.
Locked thread | Locked by: discordkitty Reason: Use the codes sticky for furthur discussion :)
Page 1 of 3