Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:45 PM
I received notification from Gamestop that my game had shipped early this morning, I tracked it all day and it has been delivered. I just received the code for the bandit cat a few moments ago.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:51 PM
Ah thanks for the information LyricLee. :] Good to know.

Art, the most sublime mission of mankind for it is the exercice of the mind that seeks to understand and to make understand.
Theorist
#28 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:00 PM
I also got the code for the Bandit Cat today, and no shipping conformation yet (also pre-ordered from EA Store). Maybe the Bandit Cat e-mail is actually the shipping conformation? :shrug:
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#29 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:03 PM
To quote a blurb from the Prima Guide

"Once you have an unlockable, you can share by giving its code to another player"

There is an option in game to generate a sharable code to give away so others can unlock the hidden content too.

Technically it seems there arent really "bonus items" for this EP, but more cheats to let you be the first to unlock something before others, but everyone will get all the same content. I honestly like this alot more. And we can share codes.
Once the forum purge is over I will make a sticky for people to share codes if the big guy is ok with it
#30 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:08 PM
so it'll be like in Animal Crossing then... cute!

(in Animal Crossing, you can send something to a player by creating a code at Tom Nook's store, and then the other person enters it in)

EDIT: from Pets Training Paper 3:
Show off Your Pets
When you create a pet, you can give your friends a unique code so that they can use that same custom breed in their game**. With some creative tinkering, you can populate your friends' worlds with your own special dog and cat breeds!

**Pet codes can only be shared with users playing on the same console platform. Only available on Playstation®2 and Nintendo GameCube™.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:10 PM
That is very interesting. :] I thoguht the star dalmatian was quite cute too, even if i usually prefer more realistic pets and chose to order where i would get the bandit cat but now it changes everything.

I too hope that the email with the code is the shipping confirmation.. It is still saying ',ordered'' as my status on the ea store thoguh i read somewhere that someone received his copy without the status of his order changing at all so i'm wondering.. Maybe i'll have a surprise when i'll get back home, who knows. Though i'd hate to just have the little paper saying ''well we came to deliver your goods, there was no one home/no where to leave the package so come tomorow after 1 pm to get your package at the post office''

Art, the most sublime mission of mankind for it is the exercice of the mind that seeks to understand and to make understand.
#32 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lilie
That is very interesting. :] I thoguht the star dalmatian was quite cute too, even if i usually prefer more realistic pets and chose to order where i would get the bandit cat but now it changes everything.

I too hope that the email with the code is the shipping confirmation.. It is still saying ',ordered'' as my status on the ea store thoguh i read somewhere that someone received his copy without the status of his order changing at all so i'm wondering.. Maybe i'll have a surprise when i'll get back home, who knows. Though i'd hate to just have the little paper saying ''well we came to deliver your goods, there was no one home/no where to leave the package so come tomorow after 1 pm to get your package at the post office''

I got my bandit cat code in the email I used to register on the EA site with earlier today
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yamikuronue
I got my bandit cat code in the email I used to register on the EA site with earlier today
I did too, as i mentionned in my earlier post. :]

#34 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:28 PM
So I'm confused...
Is sharing the Bandit cat code with others ok or not ok?
#35 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lilie
I did too, as i mentionned in my earlier post. :]

oops, think I got you mixed up with people on like 4 other threads who were all "OMGWTF unlockable!" </dramatic representation>, my bad
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#36 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:32 PM
Faith honestly Im not 100% sure, but according to the prima guide sharing codes is ok by Maxis, I dont see how the bonus items would be different, but lets wait a day or two and see what they say on the official site ok?
#37 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:42 PM
Ah well the Pets exchange is up now
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sea...&asset_type=pet
So the bonus pets will be up there soon enough
Test Subject
#38 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:58 PM
I won't need to pester Gamestop after all! Just got the code for my bandit cat! Now if only a simple e-mail could make my *real* cat stop yelling that he can see the bottom of his food dish!
#39 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LyricLee
To quote a blurb from the Prima Guide

"Once you have an unlockable, you can share by giving its code to another player"

There is an option in game to generate a sharable code to give away so others can unlock the hidden content too.

Technically it seems there arent really "bonus items" for this EP, but more cheats to let you be the first to unlock something before others, but everyone will get all the same content. I honestly like this alot more. And we can share codes.
Once the forum purge is over I will make a sticky for people to share codes if the big guy is ok with it

Same here, I don't mind waiting for it as long as I get it eventually I hate feeling punished because I didn't have a credit card to preorder. This way I can at least get the items, eventually .
#40 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 11:48 PM
That relieves me as well I'd love the bandit cat lol
#41 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 11:50 PM
Well once/if the sticky is posted I'll post my bandit cat code just for you guys! :D
Scholar
#42 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 12:07 AM
I wish I had known about this code-sharing thing before I preordered. To be honest, I'm a little ticked off at Maxis. I ordered my copy from Gamestop to get the "exclusive" bandit cat and paid seven bucks for 2-day shipping, only to find out I could have bought it locally for less (not to mention get it a day sooner) and still eventually get not only the cat, but also the purple pug and star dalmation.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
#43 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 12:47 AM
yeah, i was just thinking about that, too.
i'm kind of mad now.
#44 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 2:11 AM
I'm not.

Think of it this way...
You get all of the bonus items now.
Test Subject
#45 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 2:17 AM
YAY! I can finally get the purple pug, AND the bandit cat, INCLUDING the star dalmation! It's pretty strange to actually find out what I just read, since maxis didn't really do that with outher ep's. Maybe due to how many people wanted the bonus items, yet are unable to. I wonder if this will be the same for the rest of the ep's as well once you download Pets.

CODE LYOKO!!!!!!!!!
#46 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 12:04 PM
Well all people miffed at not being the 'exclusive' few to get the bandit cat etc think of it this way
SOMEONE had to get it
Otherwise no one would have.
You don't have to share if you don't want to, there for increasing the chance of your exclusivity but someone might and we'd love you if you did.
Personally as soon as we get the go ahead and I get my star dalmatian code it's all yours
Instructor
Original Poster
#47 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 12:44 PM
Ok, I've started this thread byt I went away for a congress (to say the truth, I am right now at the dinner pause of the last day of congress) and not looked at the answers at all. So, from what I've understood, there are some codes, you can get them by pre-order or buying the game at the first day of release (today for me... by the way! I've got Pets!!! The bad new is that since I am at the congress, a friend of mine has bought it for me and now I have to wait 2 days for he bringing the game to me :rolleyes ) but then you can tell other people what is the code. Is this right?
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#48 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 1:00 PM
Scholar
#49 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
Well all people miffed at not being the 'exclusive' few to get the bandit cat etc think of it this way
SOMEONE had to get it
Otherwise no one would have.
You don't have to share if you don't want to, there for increasing the chance of your exclusivity but someone might and we'd love you if you did.
Personally as soon as we get the go ahead and I get my star dalmatian code it's all yours

No, please, you misunderstood me. I'm not mad because people are sharing the codes. (By all means, if Maxis gives the o.k., share 'em all you want.) I'm mad that I wasted seven bucks in shipping and handling. I preordered because of the bandit cat, but now I see I could have bought the game locally and gotten the code anyway.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
#50 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 7:57 PM
Some-one posted the code on this site somewhere (can't remember who it was though sorry)

I pasted it onto notepad. Here it is, i haven't tried it yet though so don't know if is works.

Unlock Code: TB6IPB1IAFDMRIQT6DG

1. Start The Sims 2 Pets.
2. Enter a Neighborhood, click the FAMILIES button, then click
CREATE NEW FAMILY.
3. Click the Options icon (the "...") and then click the Game Options
icon (the cogs).
4. Click the Blue Key icon which opens the Unlocked Sims Gift Code
dialog box.
5. Click the Enter a Code Key icon, enter the code above, and click
the Check Mark icon. If your code is valid, the Bandit Cat will
appear in the Breed Bin.
6. Click the CREATE FAMILY button, click the CREATE A SIM button,
then click the CREATE A CAT button.
7. Click the CHOOSE A BREED (#2) button and you'll find the Bandit
Cat.
Locked thread | Locked by: discordkitty Reason: Use the codes sticky for furthur discussion :)
Page 2 of 3