Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:08 PM
Default Pet names
I'm pretty sure i haven't seen a thread like this so i thought i'd start one. Anyone got good ideas for naming pets or good sites with pet names? I am completely stuck for names! There are only so many Fluffys and Rovers you can make :D
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:21 PM
I have cats with all sorts of names ingame now! Theres Pooky, Spooky, Sporky, Lumpy, Fatty... etc etc. Mine all end in a y!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
I have cats with all sorts of names ingame now! Theres Pooky, Spooky, Sporky, Lumpy, Fatty... etc etc. Mine all end in a y!

Same here! Mine all seem to end in 'ie' or 'y', it is really annoying me!
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:28 PM
How about a theme? Or names with the same letter beginning for family/twins/offspring?

e.g. I have two kittens - Mindy and Max.

I just pick... normal-ish names, not too fond of all the "fluffy" "kitty" names etc.
Instructor
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:28 PM
I got Bobby, Jill, Babba, Perry... all sorts of names
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:32 PM
I'm not to good with names either but here's some off the names that we've had for our family pets...

Boys
-Sotis
-Tusse
-Misse
-Nasse
-Albus

Girls
-Mia
-Snuttan
-Saga
-Agnes
-Beatrice

You can also use names from the Disney movies or maybe names from books you like?
Instructor
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:45 PM
They all have to end in y for me, in Create a pet. I'm very annoyed that it randomly assigns genders to pets. My Bruce became a female... (No offense meant to any females out there named Bruce). At least you can change the names via the phone.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:48 PM
my dog name is Killer :D
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LilyBerg
You can also use names from the Disney movies or maybe names from books you like?

Oooh! I didn't think of Disney, thanks!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:03 PM
Ummm I did Precious for a female cat, Safyre for a male cat and Sparky for a yellow lab dog. I suck at names.
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:38 PM
Lol, this has been a complete disaster for me, I can sit in front of the computer for 15 minutes and not think of anything. I tried naming them the first thing that I thought sounded ok like Dylan, Tornedo or Kid (I named my very aggresive Doberman Kid). Then I started to name them after what they looked like or reminded me of like Wicka (an evil black Persian) or Tux but now I've started naming them after old classical musicians like I've got this gorgeous Golden Retriever called Vivaldi, one called Bach and another one Mozart. Disney sounds good though, I think I'll start using that.
Instructor
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:41 PM
How 'bout trying some of these sites?

http://www.bowwow.com.au/
http://www.pet-net.net/namethatpet.htm
http://www.terrificpets.com/dog_names/
http://www.mypets.net.au/search_pets.php
http://www.newpet.com/bestfriends/pickanameform.htm

I used them to make a list of names, so I'll have some to choose from.. :D

Feel free to call me Squash

Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:51 PM
When I tried to find a name for my first pet (a male dog) I was quite helpless. I looked around in my room looking for inspiration and there it was: and old box of some Whisky bottles by the company "Ardbeg". So I named my dog Ardbeg, an other (female) dog of this family is named Ballantine, their puppies will be Jimmy (Jim Beam), Johnny (Walker) and Jackie (Jack Daniels) *lol*
I hope you don't think I'm crazy but it helps to have a theme
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:01 PM
I always choose names that fit the characteristics of the animal. I have a lazy, vicious cat of whom I named Veronica, it fits nicely.
Some other names I have for cats/ dogs:
  • Pagid
  • Tarzan
  • Rex
  • Roxy
  • Finigan
  • Ritz
  • Ramses

I don't like having childish fantasy names like "Lucky, Fluffy, Wiggles etc." Names begining with R are nice ;D. For those who don't know, 'Pagid' is an old English word for right hand man. Nice name for a companion Dog ;D.
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:50 PM
*takes notes about these totally awesome name ideas*

BTW, Roboevil, I'm totally stealing "Pagid". :p
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:03 PM
Lol, I looked on a pet search engine, and for a male dog, it came up with
Absolut
Information about this name:
Meaning:Brand of Swedish vodka.

Check out my lots up for download!:

Modern Retail Space Commuity space in black and white
1, 2 & 3 Penny Lane
Modern Starter Homes

Visit my profile to find my other homes
My webpage has more houses: www.all-mine.me.uk
Field Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:05 PM
Margueritte the cat. Arabella the parrot. The dog will probably be named.. Sonnet? Something like that. n_n Shakespeare the Womrat would be a funny name as well. -writes down quickly-

I usually have no trouble coming up with good names. If need be, I can name them after real life pets or my friends.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
#18 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:13 PM
Mh, I actually only had to name 3 pet by now, three kittens from my first litter.
Since they were two boys and a girl, I called them after the three kittens from "The AristoCats" :P

ps. Ah, funny. I just found out that the Italian version of "The AristoCats" has different names for the three kittens. They're called Minou (the girl) Matisse and Bizette, not "Marie, Tolouse and Berlioz" :D

As someone else said, Disney is such a great reference for pet names
#19 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:18 PM
I have Kosi(female) and Neon(male).

Kosi is pink with purple panda spots and also funky-colored stars.
She's a VERY fat cat.

And Neon is neon green with yellow and other green markings.
He's a skinny cat.
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:37 PM
I have two cats named Oliver and Lily. They had a kitten named Shadow because she's all black. My two golden retrievers are Sadie and Beckett and their puppy is named Tucker. I also love the names Peyton and Bo for dogs.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:52 PM
If I have a dog, I would call him Fenris, Garm, or Cerberus

And this last time looking back I'll see my home, for she awaits me reaching for my soul. She calls my name, and waves me on. The fallen one, she stands in flames
#22 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 5:05 PM
Dog: Fenrir (Harry Potter), Wolfie, Desiel
Cat: Gizmo, Jackson, and I've even got a cat called Poker!
#23 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 5:28 PM
Well Ive made 2 cats
the boy is Oscar and the girl is Lilly
they have just had kittens, OscarJr, Gemma and Muffin
ive made a pug called Pugsly
a dalamation called Gemma
and a Poodle called Goldie
#24 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 5:36 PM
I like to call sims after stones :p

Like Crystal, ruby, diamond, saphire, but i love these names

Girls -
Lilly
Mia
Savannah
Connie
Missy
Jem
Shelly
Lana

Boys -
Tyson
Dylan
Declan
mitchell
romeo
Richard
Adam

If i'm naming a pet i think of all the cute names like

Daisy
Glitsy
Mitzy
Angel
Heaven
Diamond
Marble
Rollo
Bagpuss
Toffee
Coffee
Kissy
Missy

I could go on forever, I cant wait to have pets ^^
#25 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 9:25 PM
ha ha cheeseisgood...i named one of my female sims bruce.

but, i just listen to music....thats usually good inspiration for my pets.
i only have 2 so far...2 cats. a girl and a boy. (Sneaker and Van Katz)
Page 1 of 2