Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 2:18 PM
Default Better Graphics??
Just wondering if anyone else had noticed since installing Seasons that their graphics are seemingly better, more sharp without doing anything to your computer or graphics card. Seems to me my graphics are far better now.

Also, has anyone noticed that the lighting in the game has changed, especially with a more pronounced 'twilight times' just before sunrise and sunset. Neat effect I think.

Just wondering if anyone else had had these kinds of changes since installation.... :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 2:20 PM
I had negative changes, my graphics became bad I don't know how
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 2:23 PM
Mine became better as did my load times. It was worth buying seasons just for that let alone anything in the pack!
Stupid people are stupid
#4 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hil_Luv
I had negative changes, my graphics became bad I don't know how

Every EP you install resets your graphics. Did you look at the settings in your game?
#5 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 2:43 PM
I love the Seasons lighting!
It makes everything look a lot better ;]
#6 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 2:48 PM
Now I am even more excited to get seasons!
But I experienced that with Pets too.
It seems like every expansion comes with improvement. :]
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 3:19 PM
Seasons included a LOT of changes to lighting and atmospheric effects. You'll see it most pronounced in spring, when the entire light quality changes to well, a somewhat overdone golden yellow (I'm prodding at the lighting files, utterly blindly, curious if I can tone that down a little bit).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#8 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angel f
Every EP you install resets your graphics. Did you look at the settings in your game?

This may seem a silly question, but do you just set everything to high? I've just installed sims on my laptop with seasons.. and would like the graphics to be the best they can be. Also, does having the graphics settings on high make the game run slower?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xolauraox
This may seem a silly question, but do you just set everything to high? I've just installed sims on my laptop with seasons.. and would like the graphics to be the best they can be. Also, does having the graphics settings on high make the game run slower?

in most of the cases, yes, but if your computer is powerfull it could handle *high*, try it .. you can always go back to low if there's a lag

Ooooh, my signature was too old, but I don't have anything to write now...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 6:30 PM
My performance improved with Pets and is now about the same as that with Seasons.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 9:08 PM
I have a low running computer with seasons (actually, my graphics card isnt supposed to support the game at all) and my graphics and load times improved with seasons.. so something worked out right.
Instructor
#12 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sumpsychochic
I have a low running computer with seasons (actually, my graphics card isnt supposed to support the game at all) and my graphics and load times improved with seasons.. so something worked out right.

Same here. Now I can actually see what's on TV when they're watching the Yummy Channel!

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
#13 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 11:18 PM
Well with every EP i installed,the settings went all to medium.but with seasons,they went to high,on everything! and load times are waaay faster for me,and i have over twice the amount of CC I did a year ago,and it took longer to load then!
:o
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 12:28 AM
Strangely enough, the game runs smoother and loading times have decreased - travelling around to several community lots in one session is actually quite pleasant!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 12:43 AM
Aside from the loading screen when you first start the game, yeah it does look faster then usual, and better graphic, like this sim I was playing, I noticed her blonde hair looked different, more darker so I guessed it was because it was Autumn and the sun was different
Banned
#16 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 1:43 AM
How does seasons improve the game performance? What causes it to run and load faster?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#17 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 1:54 AM
I got a similar increase in performance after installing Open for Business. Programmers are always tweaking and optimizing and streamlining the way things work. Code that was less efficient is made more efficient. It's probably good they've done that, too, as the graphical effects for Seasons are quite a bit more impactful, and do slow down things some. Kind of a tradeoff but overall things seem better.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 5:02 AM
yeah my graphics are way better and clearer
Instructor
#19 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 5:13 AM
Yeah, load times are way faster and my graphics are -beautiful- now, I'm so happy Seasons is by far the best EP yet for these and many other reasons :D

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 11:13 AM
My graphics and load times have improved, also. And I have tons and tons of custom content, so that's a good thing.
Scholar
#21 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 11:48 AM
My graphics are much better, I can have shadows and lighting now! I have noticed it slow down when they switch on the radio but only for a couple of seconds.
Stupid people are stupid
#22 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xolauraox

Yes, it could make your game slower if you put everything on high. Just try it and see if it bugs you.
I've set everything on hig, but reverted the smooth edges back, because i didn't see much difference.
Just try playing around a little and see how you like it best.
#23 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 9:32 AM
My graphics are horse crap. My monitor's resolution is 1280x1024 and the game won't let me change it above 800x600. Actually, that's the ONLY option it gives when I go into the game and try to change the resolution. I also tried to go into my desktop shortcut, right clicked, hit properties and change the target to "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSBin\Sims2EP5.exe" -r1024x768 but that of course didn't work either. It's really :censored: me off. I took EVERYTHING out of my downloads folder too just to see if that would help, it didn't.

If anyone knows a way around this or a helpful link or something I would greatly appreciate it.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FeNerd
Mine became better as did my load times. It was worth buying seasons just for that let alone anything in the pack!

Mine too!! And my game runs faster and better!

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Field Researcher
#25 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mellie
My graphics are horse crap. My monitor's resolution is 1280x1024 and the game won't let me change it above 800x600. Actually, that's the ONLY option it gives when I go into the game and try to change the resolution. I also tried to go into my desktop shortcut, right clicked, hit properties and change the target to "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSBin\Sims2EP5.exe" -r1024x768 but that of course didn't work either. It's really :censored: me off. I took EVERYTHING out of my downloads folder too just to see if that would help, it didn't.

If anyone knows a way around this or a helpful link or something I would greatly appreciate it.

I posted a possible fix here:
http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...0&postcount=121

There was a more detailed post at the official BBS but I can't find it back. ~_~

Anyway, still haven't tried it, the 800x600 resolution doesn't bother me that much ^^

As for the graphics being better... o_0; Didn't notice. I got a decent, wonderful video-card now though, so there was no new lag or anything, and the graphics were pretty much the same. Which surprised me, since I have an old computer. But it works perfectly. :D

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Page 1 of 2