Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 5:57 PM
my middle name is Anais, and I love it ... more than my first name Lucia, but everyone calls me that so I'm used to it..
my names have no special reason. My parents wanted to call me Analucia but my cousin was born first and she got that name (LUCKY ME!!) .. so they changed ..
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 6:25 PM
I don't have a middle name (yay!). But that's probably because my parents are immigrants from Mexico and over there you are called by your first name and your two last names (your father's then your mothers).
Field Researcher
#28 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 6:32 PM
Urk, I hate my middle name. It's "Samantha", for all the Samuels on my dad's side of the family. How I ended up with it I don't know, to be honest.

My sister also hates hers (Margaret). But I think that they are actually okay as first names, just not with our first names.

"Life isn’t like coursework, baby. It’s one damn essay crisis after another."
Boris Johnson

"By Jove! Which is always to say, by myself."
Caligula; I, Claudius
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 6:52 PM
My middle name is Marie. Christina Marie. It's a fairly common name. I've heard about at least five other people who have the middle name.
#30 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 6:54 PM
My middle name is Samantha coupled with my 3 syllable first name (when said in its full form) and my 3 syllable last name I just did not like it as a kid, or when I have to fill in a form officially! It's just too darn long...
Test Subject
#31 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 6:59 PM
My middle name is Nicole, which is pretty, but it's EVERYONE ELSES NAME TOO!! I know five-ish girls who have that middle name, including my cousin. I wish my mother had named me Juniper or India (she wishes that, too ), but I do love my name.
#32 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 7:18 PM
Mine is Jean.. First name Stacy. Whenever my friends here it, they always have to say it with a deep southern accent.. LOL. I am not too fond of it, but i don't dislike it.. Its my grandma's name. :D
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#33 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 7:57 PM
In my family it's traditional to give kids whatever first name you want, and use a family middle name. So my middle name is Rose, after a beloved aunt.

I think it's nice, though I don't like my real name and don't use it for anything but official purposes. I think semi-unusual middle names are nice too - if you want to name the kid something weird, use it as a middle name so they can choose whether to go by it or not when they're old enough, but have a normal first name.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 8:09 PM
Mine is pretty hickish, as well. First name is Rebecca (or Becky, as everyone usually calls me), and middle name is Lynn. It doesn't help that I also have one of the 5 most common last names in the U.S. My name as a whole is pretty generic.

My mom goes by her middle name, even though her first name is gorgeous. She's Estella Beth. She has 4 older brothers, and they refused to call her Estella, so she got called Beth instead.
#35 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 8:21 PM
Marie. Just Marie. Like the other 3 or 4 people in this thread that have the same one. I wish it was more interesting, but my first name is Candice, and I don't know many other Candices, so at least my first name is sort of uncommon. Not that I want a weird off-the-wall name just for the sake of being different, but I get tired of hearing the same old names all the time. My sisters' middle names are Ann and Lane, so my parents weren't very creative.
#36 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 8:42 PM
My middle name is Day. Everybody thinks I'm kidding when I tell them my middle name. I have a twin brother and when I tell people my middle name is day they say, "Is Zak's middle name night?"

However, I like having a unique name. I've never met anyone with my first or middle name.

Put together it is Zelda Day.
Alchemist
#37 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 9:12 PM
My Middle name is Emma, Its Pretty Common As There Are 3 Girls In Our School Called Stephanie Emma. My Best Friend Is Called: Chelsea Reagan Angel Serenidy Wright-Huff !
#38 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 9:46 PM
I really like my middle name. It's Gamair and the name of both my paternal grandmothers. I don't really see a point in middle names, but that doesn't stop me from liking them and thinking they're interesting. xD
#39 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 9:47 PM
Mine is Alicia, after my grandmother.

People usually call me by my first name, but I think that sounds good when you link both.
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 11:14 PM
My middle name is Otilia. Pronounced kind of like, oh-till-yah.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Solece
I like middle names, they give your name more uniqueness :D

My middle name is Rae, for what reason i have no clue :]

That's my neice's middle name!

I think middle names are cool.
Since everyone is giving their middle names, mine's Patrick.
It's my grandmother's (she died a few monthes after my mom's graduation) name with a sex change.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Instructor
#42 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 11:52 PM
My middle name is Marie. Im not too fond of it. I know more than 10 girls with the same middle name. So when someone says my whole name it rhymes. Desirae(pronounced like Desiree) Marie lastname.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 11:56 PM
haha, traditinal indian middle name.

my fathers.

too bad imma girl.
#44 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 12:41 AM
I used to hate that my parents named me Veronica(first) Vicky(middle). But I just got used to it over time. I'm the only one out of 4 children that my mom gave a middle name to, so i guess it's kinda special.
#45 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 12:52 AM
I used to hate my middle name,
but now I think it's awesome.
It's Anita after my grandmother.
As for my first name,it's Caitlin.
My parents turned on the TV one morning
And they heard the name Caitlin,
So they had to name me that.
I think it goes pretty well together....Caitlin Anita.

When I was little,there used to be this bully in school,
And her name was Alana.
My grandfather's name was Allen
and Mom said that if she ever has another child,
She's going to name it Alana.
Great,I'm sure I'd be real supportive of that.
Test Subject
#46 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 1:03 AM
meh, I don't mind my middle name, which is Esther (my paternal great-grandmother's name...she was Swedish). Coupled with my name, which is Lauren and my last name, which starts with a F...my initials spell LEF. My sister jokes with me that I should make sure I marry a guy with a last name that starts with T,then I should hyphenate my maiden name and his last name together so my initials would be LEFT.... sounded like a good idea when we were little, now its sounds a little childish. I actually wanted to change my middle name, cuz I thought it didn't sound right. But then again, I think that Lauren Esther is better then being named something like Peaches Honeyblossom Michelle Charlotte Angel Vanessa (Geldof, daughter of Bob Geldof and the deceased Paula Yates). Thats just my 2 cents.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
In my family it's traditional to give kids whatever first name you want, and use a family middle name. So my middle name is Rose, after a beloved aunt.

That's my middle name too. ^_^ Dunno where my parents got it, but I really like it.
#48 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 4:49 AM
I have a family member's middle name as my middle name - Safrona.

I really don't understand the use of middle names except to distinguish two people with the same first and last names. And to yell at a kid when they're in trouble.
#49 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 4:51 AM
my middle name is Marie...original hah
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:36 AM
^mine is Marie too.
Page 2 of 8