Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clw8
Hey simsimsims and Tenielle when I read you all's comments, it made me think of a hack I'd seen before. So, since it will fix ya'll issues, I figured I'd be cool / nice and post it: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=62217 . It's a hack that removes the red pause lines.

thanks so much clw8 I know that's gonna be so useful, I really hate pause lines :P.

Hosting my first contest "Style and Culture" :D
Find it here: Style and culture contest
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 5:38 AM
Awesome, thanks clw8, I actually went looking for that mod, but couldn't locate it. I will put it in game for Round 2. Will I lose marks if I keep my Round 1 pics the same? I don't really want to go back in and fix it?
Forum Resident
#28 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 7:24 AM
Norikoann- Beautiful entry. I love the Asian theme and the bridge/stream make it so picturesque.

simsimsims- Your park is neat and... orderly, I love it! The hedge maze is so cute

Tenielle- Great round 1 I love the fence with the flowers (oh I can't remember the name of those flowers right this second) surrounding it.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ktbcca
Tenielle- Great round 1 I love the fence with the flowers (oh I can't remember the name of those flowers right this second) surrounding it.

LOL- I don't remember the name of them either. They are my faves in game, though!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 8:53 AM
Default HyghTyme - Round 1
Well, here it is: My version of the Simville Community Park.

The most prominent features are of course the pond and, my personal favorite feature, the dock. The pond is well stocked with fish, and the dock hosts two outdoor chess tables and an open area for fishing. The latter is separated from the rest of the dock, which has railing, by gate with a child-proofing lock.

Though the park is targeted largely at adults, children are accomodated by a jungle gym near the fancifully decorated bathroom.

The flora is simple - a tree surrounded by tall flowers whose name escapes mat the moment and a tall bush.

Over all, the park provides a pleasant place to relax for both adults and children.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 9:26 AM
HyghTyme- That dock is so creative! You did an excellent job.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ktbcca
HyghTyme- That dock is so creative! You did an excellent job.

Thanks.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 5:05 PM
HyghTyme- I love the dock! Very unique. Great job

Tenielle- Fabulous Round 1! I love the little eating area.

simsimsims
- Wonderful park! The hedge maze is very cool.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Field Researcher
#34 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Extensa5420
I hope it's not too late to join this community lot contest.

Don't worry, it's not. You have until April 16th to get in your Round 1

Quote:
THE TIMELINE
Round 1- April 9- Thursday, April 16th @ 10:00AM EST
Round 2- April 16- April 23th
Round 3- April 23th- April 30
Round 4- April 30 - May 6
(Current round highlighted in bold print.)
*Rounds will be closed as soon as all contestants have posted their entries OR by the deadline posted above- whichever comes first!

Instructor
Original Poster
#35 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 5:24 PM
Default Judging Info & (hopefully) Helpful Hints!
Okay current (and potential contestants) here is some info on how this contest works and will be judged.

General Judging Info
All contestants have a contestant #, which is given to you in the order in which you entered the contest. Your contestant number will be used to identify you for round results.

The judges will give you a whole number numerical score of between 1 and 10 points for each of 3 areas of judging. These areas are: Requirements, Photos, and Impression. At the end of each round, you will receive a "Ranking" based on your numerical score for that round, as well as any comments from the judges. Rankings/comments will be posted in thread. Judges are not required to make comments.

Once all of the rounds of the contest have finished and been judged, I will post "Final Rankings", which will include all of the contestants' numerical scores from each round of the contest. (See the "Stages of Life" contest or the original "The Architect" contest in the closed contests area for examples.)

Helpful Hints
~ Be on time! Those who fail to post a round, or who post a round past the deadline will be scored a 0 for that round. No exceptions!

~ You are allowed to tweak your entry after it's posted up until the deadline. Any changes made to a posted entry after an official deadline, will also be scored a 0.

~ Make sure you follow the requirements as posted for each round! And if you have any questions about a round- ASK!

~ You are trying to create a full, lush, rich environment! Make sure your photos/written description reflect that!

~ Make sure your photos are clear, you include the number required and are mindful to things that will detract from your photos.

~ Take many photos of your lot from many different angles, then choose the ones that show it off the best!

~ Be creative, be original and be yourself! (Just because someone did well in one of the rounds doesnt mean you should copy their ideas or style!)

~ Keep your eyes on this thread! Should contestants/judges post entries or submit scores in a timely enough manner, we may be able to squeeze a 5th round in!
Scholar
#36 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 7:39 PM
Default clw8 - Round 1
My attempt at a fabulous community park for all the little & big simmies alike

I named it Trout Harbor Community Park (In my game, because of the neighborhood it's in), so, I'll just refer to it as THCP, instead of just saying "this park this..." and "this park that...". So, lets get crackin' on all the features . . . .

Upon entering THCP, you'll notice the multch walking trail, playground, restrooms, pond, and seating.
The walking trail: Circles the entire 2x2 lot and offers for a relaxing, enjoyable stroll for the whole family.
Playground: Whether you like to swing, slide, spin round-n-round, hang, or play a game of basketball, the playground is the place for any kid to be! (*Note that since I don't have the correct expansions, that I don't have real equipment aside from the swing*)
Restrooms: Bringing back memories of the old time country outhouses, THCP offers two well maintained porta-johns enclosed by a roofed shelter for additional privacy and comfort. On the outside wall there is also a waterfountain, which is perfect for those blistering hot summer days.
Pond: Adding both appeal and fun, THCP's fish pond is the place to be if you want a quick stop for fish. All fish is yours to keep; we stock the pond once per week.
Seating: Whether you seek sun or shade, you'll surely find comfort on one of THCP's durable plastic benches - say NO to splinters and YES to comfort!

Best feature: Voted the most favored pond in the neighborhood, THCP's fish pond, once again, is the place to be! Come and bring your kids too - make it a family fun evening in the sun!

Overview:

-clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Inventor
#37 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 7:52 PM
Clw8, I love your whole park, especially the kid's stuff.
Having just the base game sucks. *sigh*
Scholar
#38 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 8:30 PM
actually jewaukeela - a lot of that stuff is CC, so, I'm sure that you can go download lots of things park related, though, some does require expansions.

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Inventor
#39 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 8:38 PM
oh, sweet! Thanks!
Forum Resident
#40 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 9:09 PM
HyghTyme- I love the dock. It makes the park look so different than the 'traditional' park/playground I envisioned!
clw8- You managed to fit so much in, and your playground looks great, even without AL!

jewaukeela- Though you may be limited somewhat by only having the base game, I'm sure you can still do something great. There is some fabulous CC out there, and if you choose not to download, Woodland Park in Pleasantview has always been one of my favourite base game community lots, so take inspiration from that.

-Tenielle.
Scholar
#41 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 6:38 AM
I love seeing what you guys have made. How am I supposed to judge this stuff? LOL.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
#42 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella
I love seeing what you guys have made. How am I supposed to judge this stuff? LOL.

I know, right? It's definitely going to be hard.

Test Subject
#43 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 5:40 AM
Default Kitzchy -Round 1
As the hired Architect, I present to the Town Council:
Picnic Park
A welcoming place where Sims can enjoy the company of others, as well as relax and play! This renovated little space was once an abandoned corner of Simville. What was once overgrown and an eyesore to the community is now a place for all Sims. Nestled on a tiny corner lot, this inviting place is a perfect stop on any stroll or for a quick break for the family on the go...

There is a quaint playground right next to the extra large willow tree. The children will love to swing on its branches.

The park's central focus is the eclectic bridge which is surrounded by the most lush and verdant greenery.
Using the flora that was already present, the landscapers added imported plants from lands beyond Simville to create wonderful and breathtaking views from all angles…

At night the park is most inviting: offering seductive lighting, it's a great place for a picnic at the end of the day with a special someone...

Looking above:

Another View -Picnic Park
Field Researcher
#44 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 4:04 PM
Default easypeaze-Round 1
I've never built any community lots, this should be fun!

Simville Community Park offers it's visitors a wide range of activities. Whether you want to relax and enjoy the atmosphere or you are parents wanting to get the kids away from the t.v. and computer, the park has what you need!
Local artists can come and enjoy and create works of art. There's an area for those into the preforming arts, come and watch the human statue!

Come and enjoy a picnic at the park. Amenities include a bbq pit, tables and chairs. There is also an area where you can spread a blanket if you want.

A great feature of the park is a large fountain in the center. Hear the soothing sounds of the water.

Let the little ones run free! Parents you can relax and not worry about your children getting lost. The park is completely enclosed and there is only one way out. Check the playground...it will keep your children entertained for hours!

Overview
Inventor
#45 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 4:06 PM
wow! great park, easypeaze!
Field Researcher
#46 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 4:14 PM
Thank you! I love your park and how enviromently friendly you've made it! Great job jewaukeela!
Test Subject
#47 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 4:25 PM
Yeah! All parks are really great -this is gonna be a great competition! :D
Field Researcher
#48 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 4:30 PM
They are all beautiful! This should be a really fun competition. I love everybody's different styles. It looks like we have 10 contestants(Yay!)=D
Inventor
#49 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 5:34 PM
yay! i was wondering... are there going to be eliminations? I know this was probably listed before, but i wanted to know if now that we have 10 contestants than it might change? I dunno. also, could you put up a list of the contestants and their single-posted links to round I and such? I've been a judge, I think you should do that. It makes stuff so much easier.
Test Subject
#50 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jewaukeela
yay! i was wondering... are there going to be eliminations? I know this was probably listed before, but i wanted to know if now that we have 10 contestants than it might change? I dunno. also, could you put up a list of the contestants and their single-posted links to round I and such? I've been a judge, I think you should do that. It makes stuff so much easier.

there is a list:

Contestant List

Page 2 of 12