Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2007 at 6:51 PM
Default Roleplay Brainstorming/Planning Thread
Have an idea for a new RP that you want some suggestions on or help developing? Don't know if your idea will be popular enough to get the players you want? Looking to set up a specific RP but want certain types of characters participating? Want to do a one-on-one RP with just the right player?

You can, of course, PM one another if you're doing something one-on-one so you don't clog up the thread with things that only you and one other person need to talk about... but here you can share your ideas, coordinate your efforts, find an RP partner, and plan your next RP in this here thread.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
#2 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:00 PM
Well, I know what I'd like to see is a superhero/supervillian like RP where we divide off, each have super powers, and can direct wars against one another. Like an alternate earth idea, where each side commands an army or such.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:07 PM
Infernal i like that idea alot, infact i just mentioned it in the locked thread... lol!

I'd like to see an older DnD/Fable type role play, back in the old days, with fantasy characters, where every once in awhile we have missions, divide up into different groups, meet new people and regroup with old ones we know if we run into them at the bar or something. ^^

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
#4 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:17 PM
Whenever the forum opens up, Id love to make the Hero RP. Course, I'd be a villain I'll try to work out on the fundamentals, and whenever we get the thumbs up, I'll do it.

Any clue for a name though?
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:21 PM
I'd love to do a rp set in our time. And not with fantasy / sci fi elements, just like real (Sims) life ... Do you think this could be cool as well?!
Inventor
#6 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gerbera
I'd love to do a rp set in our time. And not with fantasy / sci fi elements, just like real (Sims) life ... Do you think this could be cool as well?!

Yeah, that would be cool.
#7 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:22 PM
Sounds good! I have no idea about a name but I would also like to be a supervillian... :evil:
#8 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:26 PM
I think we need a Mafia RPG, I think a few on this community would agree with me on this :D. *pokes* you know who you are. Plus I think it would be fun, I enjoy making Mafia sims and such, and i love playing with my Valention family.
Banned
#9 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:26 PM
A Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys kind of detective theme! There could be a mystery you have to solve, and you leave clues for everyone to figure out.
#10 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kakashi_Hatake
I think we need a Mafia RPG, I think a few on this community would agree with me on this :D. *pokes* you know who you are. Plus I think it would be fun, I enjoy making Mafia sims and such, and i love playing with my Valention family.

I second that notion!

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Instructor
#11 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:33 PM
lol Kakashi, on Piquant we just finished up a Mafia RP (with a gruesome ending ><). But I do like all of the ideas stated above. Penny, I'd love an RP like that!!! Just be... sims. Oh, and I'd also love to be a supervillian. :nod:
#12 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:35 PM
Well, it seems a lot of people like the superhero idea, but, we'd have to carry out plans through PMs and such.

I'm already in the process of writing out the RP
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:52 PM
I don't mind planning as a group in the thread here - just doesn't seem to make sense if it's just two people that can PM back and forth about something. Go ahead and plan and discuss your hero thingie as you like here, Infernal.

I'd love to do something with a very small group - either one or two other people, and extremely character-driven (even more so than you'd expect for everyone running a specific character - I really like exploring the complexities and complications of the human mind).

I'd love to see one or more of the following:
  • Extremely freeform tavern-based play... the thread would just be a tavern somewhere on the beaten path where weary travellers stop by, meet, interact, and then perhaps form their own adventures in separate threads.
  • SCIENCE!!! - either in the form of a nice Victorian Steampunk or perhaps a slightly futuristic free energy gone wrong kinda thing. I'm the daughter of an alchemist - I like this sorta thing.
  • Roman Empire - soldiers or commoners
  • Pirates!
  • An incredibly traditional D&D party system with a nice dungeon crawl, beating up monsters to take their stuff - done in a humour-filled self-aware kinda style.
  • Silly sim RP - including the quirks of the sim world like spinning to change clothes, alien impregnation for males, etc.

Any of those appeal to anyone?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Banned
#14 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:56 PM
The ones that sound fun to me are:
-Science
-Pirates
-Silly sim RP
#15 Old 22nd May 2007 at 7:58 PM
I'm all for the silly Sim RP.

#16 Old 22nd May 2007 at 8:00 PM
The Roman Empire and Pirates deal sounds really neat. And Id love to get a real DnD thing goin on here.

As for the Hero RP, what do you guys think would make a good setup.

I think, we should divide the world up, each side getting areas, countries, etc. We can fight like you see in the comics (super high tech war machines, but a modern world) and can expand into space battles and the such. Id love to have a chance to have forces fight in New York City, blasting down buildings, and causing havoc.

What do you all suggest?
#17 Old 22nd May 2007 at 8:00 PM
I'm just starting a Pirates RP on my forum, so yes I'd vote for that one! And I love the idea of the mystery one, the mafia one, and the Sims one too.
Inventor
#18 Old 22nd May 2007 at 8:03 PM
Gah! I like them all! Mafia, roman, science, tavern, sims. I really like the idea of the Roman and Science ones though.
#19 Old 22nd May 2007 at 8:06 PM
I figure I would throw out a couple of my own RP suggestions. Here are some ideas that my friends and I have tried RPing over the years.

-Post-Apocalyptic setting. Bombed out cities, bombed out forests, the works. Trying to find a group to survive.

And, if you would like something with a very in-depth plotline, I have the following...

-The gateway to the Clock Room, which lies in the realm of Ephemeral, standing on the edge of Existence and Nothing, is being sought after by the followers of Nayarang, the god of Nothing. Their goal is to sieze the power from Nayarang's sister, the goddess of Everything, by destroying the timelines of everything that keeps the world functional, and therefore would destroy all of existence.

Those are the only ones I can think of right now. But as I remember more, I'll add them to the suggestion box.

Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd May 2007 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I don't mind planning as a group in the thread here - just doesn't seem to make sense if it's just two people that can PM back and forth about something. Go ahead and plan and discuss your hero thingie as you like here, Infernal.

I'd love to do something with a very small group - either one or two other people, and extremely character-driven (even more so than you'd expect for everyone running a specific character - I really like exploring the complexities and complications of the human mind).

I'd love to see one or more of the following:
  • Extremely freeform tavern-based play... the thread would just be a tavern somewhere on the beaten path where weary travellers stop by, meet, interact, and then perhaps form their own adventures in separate threads.
  • SCIENCE!!! - either in the form of a nice Victorian Steampunk or perhaps a slightly futuristic free energy gone wrong kinda thing. I'm the daughter of an alchemist - I like this sorta thing.
  • Roman Empire - soldiers or commoners
  • Pirates!
  • An incredibly traditional D&D party system with a nice dungeon crawl, beating up monsters to take their stuff - done in a humour-filled self-aware kinda style.
  • Silly sim RP - including the quirks of the sim world like spinning to change clothes, alien impregnation for males, etc.

Any of those appeal to anyone?

As I said before, the silly Sim thing would be really cool ...
Also, I love Pirates (who doesn't?!)!
#21 Old 22nd May 2007 at 8:09 PM
[-Post-Apocalyptic setting. Bombed out cities, bombed out forests, the works. Trying to find a group to survive.]

Derange that sounds like an amazing idea it has so many opportunities and events that could never happen otherwise o.O

and a Silly Sims RP sounds like fun HP

new threads excite me XD it might bring out my inner RPer lol
Scholar
#22 Old 22nd May 2007 at 8:25 PM
Oh man, this is going to be awesome! I'm all for the silly sim one, and anyone who knows me knows if it involves pirates, I'm there, so count me in for that one too

Oh and the roman one too, I can just see my inner history nut begging me to play that one :P

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Inventor
#23 Old 22nd May 2007 at 8:27 PM
Derange I like both of those ideas. I think I like the Apocolypse one better though.
#24 Old 22nd May 2007 at 8:40 PM
I like the apocolpyse idea as well!
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#25 Old 22nd May 2007 at 8:49 PM
Ooh the Steampunk one sounds like it might be interesting... I don't know if I'd ever actually participate, but the stories would be fun to read through. :D

There's always money in the banana stand.

Page 1 of 31