Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:50 PM Last edited by just_flyaway : 26th Jun 2009 at 3:02 AM.
Is it possible to retexture hair now?
Hi guys,I've just known that peggyzone already posted their new hair for sims3...Since there's no Bodyshop for sims3 at this moment,I wonder if it is possible to do some retexture work....

Here is the link for the new hair....

http://www.peggyzone.com/Sims3Detail00003.html
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 3:21 PM
Any new hairs that are coming out right now " Replace" existing hairs in game- Meaning that for every new hair you download at the moment- one of your base game hairs will go " Poof" any available hair skintones, and eyes at this point are default replacements rather than custom and will replace items in the game.

For instance the Peggy Hair disappears your Mohawk for teens-adult women- So if you don't use the Mohawk not a problem. They don't have the right tools and haven't quite figured out yet how to put new hair meshes into the game without replacing existing ones-

It will get there- They have already figured out how to modify existing game meshes without replacing existing items- e.g. making new T-Shirts (Snaitif has some)Shoes (over at GOS) and Accessories (Hello Kitty Watch by Lurania). Just have a little patience. I don't remember it ever being this far ahead in terms of Cc/Mods for either TS1 or TS2
Inventor
#3 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:02 PM
Now why won't anyone make new hair for the men? The female sims always get all the hair, clothes and accessories (it was the same for Sims 2, also) and the poor guys end up looking alike. I really hope someone will start making stuff for men, too.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:27 PM
I saw that about five minutes ago and was super excited! This is the start of a new CC world. Even if you can only replace the defaults at the moment.

Unfortunately my mom's on the pc (I'm on my laptop) so I can't test it out right now. Boo.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:33 PM
I'm working on a male hair mesh right now. Still don't have non-replacement figured out, but Delphy and I had a breakthrough when it comes to some issues on recolouring (the current Milkshape tool makes hairs that show up in game but cannot be recoloured - they're just solid black) so now I'm fiddling. Male hair is HIGH on my list of priorities!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:37 PM
That's amazing! But I don't really want it to replace the base game. Maybe soon they'll have figured out how to make it show up as a separate mesh and then I'll start downloading.
Inventor
#7 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I'm working on a male hair mesh right now. Still don't have non-replacement figured out, but Delphy and I had a breakthrough when it comes to some issues on recolouring (the current Milkshape tool makes hairs that show up in game but cannot be recoloured - they're just solid black) so now I'm fiddling. Male hair is HIGH on my list of priorities!

I'm so happy! There are really about only 2 or 3 of the current hair styles for men in Sims 3 that I can actually stand to put on the males I create and so all the many males I've been creating, pretty much look exactly alike. It was the same for me in Sims 2 until I managed, through lots of hunting at other Sims 2 mod sites to find some variety for men, to choose from. I don't even mind if some of the releases are replacements (especially for some of the really ugly looking styles that would not look good on younger men), because a person can choose whether or not they want to install it. I'm just anxious for some variety. The Sims 3 store has like 4 extra styles that didn't come with the game but only one of them is decent looking. Two of them look alike, the ones with the bangs hanging down over the eyes.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:52 PM
As far as men's hair goes, I used that short one that came with...uh...seasons? on like 80% of my guys. And I was fine with that, because in reality like 80% of guys have that hairstyle irl.

I've only made like 3 male sims so far, but I definitely hate most of the hairstyles. But I mostly play with females so their hair bugs me more.
Inventor
#9 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:56 PM
Wouldn't you like the females you play to be able to have a better choice in men? At this time, most all of the pre-mades look alike because they are using the same limited number of hairstyles as we players.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:57 PM

You're my hero. Marry me?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:27 PM
I downloaded it because I don't use the mohawk, so I can't wait to try it out! :o
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAya
I downloaded it because I don't use the mohawk, so I can't wait to try it out! :o

Exactly.
Besides, the mohawk looks terrible :P
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 12:45 AM
I downloaded it, but it crashes my game at the blue screen- when it's just starting up.
Looking for the answer on how to fix this...

I'm sorry, but I don't live to please you.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 1:29 AM
This is awesome! I never used the mohawk hairstyle so I downloaded it. Hope it looks good. Female hair in game is OK, but I'm so glad to hear that there are people working on male hair. YAY! CC is not too far away! It seems like this was done so much quicker than TS2. Or maybe I just came into the CC world too late :P

Okie dokie it works fine, however it didn't replace the mohawk thumbnail so that was a bit confusing. But yay CC!
Inventor
#15 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 1:33 AM
HP- I can't wait to see your new hair!! Hopefully soon somebody will figure out how to add them to the game and not replace the existing hairs!!

Curvalicious Sims 2 (My website, only sims 2 stuff currently)Curvalicious Sims2

For more great content check out PMBD

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#16 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 1:37 AM
I've got my TS2 Cherub hair for males about halfway converted - the mesh works, recolours, and scales with the head and all. I still need to do the textures though. But it's 2:30 AM and I was up at 5:30 today... err... yesterday... so the rest will have to wait till tomorrow.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:59 AM
Big thanks to you all~~~!!
I've got my TS2 Cherub hair for males about halfway converted - the mesh works, recolours, and scales with the head and all. I still need to do the textures though. But it's 2:30 AM and I was up at 5:30 today... err... yesterday... so the rest will have to wait till tomorrow.

Wow that's pretty good!!!Well, even though the possibility of retexturing lies somewhere far away,it would be much better to have non-replacement hair!!
Looking forward to your works~~XD

P.S.Have a good day!
(Please forgive me for any language error... )
Field Researcher
#18 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arelenriel
It will get there- They have already figured out how to modify existing game meshes without replacing existing items- e.g. making new T-Shirts (Snaitif has some)Shoes (over at GOS) and Accessories (Hello Kitty Watch by Lurania). Just have a little patience. I don't remember it ever being this far ahead in terms of Cc/Mods for either TS1 or TS2

What/where is GOS?
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnaIME
What/where is GOS?

I'm thinking they mean the site Garden of Shadows, but i could be wrong.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:17 AM
Scholar
#21 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:47 AM
Yes, that was the site that I mean- sorry I usually use abbreviations when typing- it is habit from my job
Inventor
#22 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emde40
GOS= http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...adows/index.php

Wow, just looked at one particular thread for hairstyles for men that were converted from female styles and these are the types I like to use. I even have one of the ones that's listed for my Sims 2. I just wish it would become available for Sims 3, also. Here is the page I'm talking about: http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...hp?topic=5597.0
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:26 AM
ergh.. i posted it in another thread before.. but my game crashed with the peggy hairstyle.. i tested it with my other downloads ( i only use some small mods ) but it shuts my game down..

the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
and you have burned so very, very brightly, roy.
Instructor
#24 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 12:37 PM
Yeah peggy hair shuts my game down too.
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 5:49 PM
That hair makes my game crash..
Page 1 of 2