Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Fishing Spawners *UPDATED*

by Snaitf Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 1:09 AM - Updated 26th Jul 2009 at 7:16 PM by Snaitf

95 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 1:13 AM
Thanks so much for this. I've wanted to fish in the pond on my lot since the game came out. Hooray to you!!!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 1:31 AM Last edited by Quackhead : 24th Jul 2009 at 1:33 AM. Reason: addon
found under "Rocks" eh?!!

Red snappers snappin'
Clam shells clappin'
Mussels flexin'
Flippers flippin'

Let's Rock!
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 1:44 AM
I've always been able to fish in my ponds at home. Do I have some hack I didn't know about, or does this just let you catch you fish you couldn't before?
Instructor
#5 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 1:47 AM
Thanks, this is perfect for my angler sim. She has a pond on her lot already. Let the Fishing begin!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 1:47 AM
I can fish at home too, strange. Maybe it was only while at a maxis house with a pond they designed, I can't remember but I will have to check that out. Either way thanks for making this.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 1:54 AM
You've always been able to fish in a pond at a home lot, even if you put the pond in. The fish spawning sites have more rare fish than what you would normally catch.
At least that's what my understanding was.
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 2:00 AM
Updated the thumbs to get rid of the ugly 'box'. Please redownload
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 2:05 AM
Sweet 'lil mod, thank you very much for this.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 2:15 AM
This is awesome, and can't wait for the butterfly etc spawners! Also looking for the answer the first poster asked :3
Scholar
#11 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 2:25 AM
You can get rare fish in your pond by catching ten of them.. then you can fill a pond with fish breeds of your choice. I have a deathfish pond and a vampire fish & lobster pond at one home. This is easier though.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:04 AM
This is brilliant! A definite must for building community lots!!
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:21 AM
Ooooh! I had my sims fish in their ponds all the time after Free Time came out, and I was sad that they couldn't in TS3. (Well, they COULD, but they wouldn't catch anything.) Thank you so much for making these!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:24 AM
Well now I'm entirely perplexed as to if commenters are speaking on the Sims2 or the Sims3.... But hey, if in my Sims3 my sims indeed won't catch anything at ponds at home, thanks a lot for this!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:24 AM
Yes this is GREAT
Thanks!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:42 AM
Nice, thanks. And I just spent an hour clearing the Goth lot so I could preserve their spawners in a new lot. *chuckle* Now I have the option of putting other spawners in.. *golfclap*

--= J
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:42 AM
Yay, I had this kickass lake on my lot but no fishies!! Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:44 AM

You should edit the description and say which fish you can catch with each Spawner. But eitherway, amazing, I was just reading a topic in the forum about this same issue(fishing @ home). Coincidence...? I think not! o.0
Mad Poster
#19 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:50 AM
This is monumental! Another threshold has been reached and I am so excited to be able to witness it. Thanks for the work you done to make this item playable and sharing with us!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 3:53 AM
Great! Thanks for the fish spawners!

P.S. Couldnt you have made them Lilypads instead of rocks??? (just saying)
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 4:16 AM
Tried it, works great: caught some swordfish and sharks in the backyard and got them mounted
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Quackhead
found under "Rocks" eh?!!

Red snappers snappin'
Clam shells clappin'
Mussels flexin'
Flippers flippin'

Let's Rock!

rock lobstah!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 4:20 AM Last edited by JanetteRaven : 24th Jul 2009 at 4:34 AM.
Thanks so much! I can't wait for the butterfly spawners. I love butterflies!
Eminence Grise
#24 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 5:00 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 24th Jul 2009 at 7:20 AM.
You could always fish at a home pond. By default, there's a small assortment of common freshwater fish that can be caught in any pond, and a small assortment of saltwater fish that can be caught in any ocean location.

What the spawners are is special fish nodes, where fish jump, like you see in certain ponds on community lots and in the ocean. You have a greater chance to catch fish at these nodes, and the specific node you place determines the type/level of fish.

So this will make it possible to have decorative jumping fish at home, to catch specific types of fish that you normally can't catch at home, or to make community lots which count as fishing sites. If you place just one fish node, the game recognizes the community lot as a fishing hole, unless the fish nodes are outnumbered by objects that force the lot into another category like park, beach, gym or library.
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 8:18 AM
OMG! Someone finally did it. I have been wanting to do the same thing for quite a while but unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to make it happen.

For those who don't know much about the fishing spawners, well, yes, you can catch all kinds of fish available in the game at any pond on a home lot if you use the stock pond option, but those spots will either be "not many fish" or "decent" spots which will never become "active" (where you can see fish jumping). Now, when you place a spawner in a pond, that spot will become an "active" spot which enables you to catch fish in a much faster pace.

Now I can catch 5 fish in my home lot in an hour or 2, which normally takes more or less around 5 hours without the spawner. Thank you so much for making it happen!!!
Page 1 of 4