Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 3:49 AM
Bram Stoker's Dracula is excellent. Best vampire story ever.

As far as TV shows, I love Buffy. It's just an all-round great show, and I will never be able to stop watching it.

One more category, games. Vampire: The Masquerade is a great series, and I recommend it to anyone who wants a bit of vampy-computer fun.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 11:15 PM
Miss-Resa I agree with Bram being one of the best anyway. I fell in love with Laurell's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series so it becomes a tie as to which is number one As for shows I am a True Blood fan until Anita hits anyway (well hopefully it'll be as good as the books), and I've never played Bloodlines or any VTM on the computer but as LARP it was pretty fun. Just my opinion hoping not to offend.

Press Alt+F4 for an I.Q. test now.....
Test Subject
#53 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:01 AM
I've never seen True Blood, but it seems to be everywhere at the moment. I guess it's just too good for Australian TV.
Banned
#54 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Psychotic_Ragdoll
I love Bram Stoker's Dracula. It's so good. When I read it, I find it easy to understand why it's a classic. Anne Rice is also good. ^.^

My favourite T.V. show would have to be Moonlight, which, sadly, isn't on anymore. ;___;

I've seen the movie for Bram Stoker's Dracula. It was really good!
And I second the 'it sucks cause Moonlight's not on anymore' thing. I didn't watch it from the start of the show. I started watching it not too long before it got canceled
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss-Resa
I've never seen True Blood, but it seems to be everywhere at the moment. I guess it's just too good for Australian TV.

It's on pay TV, but not on free-to-air, which is annoying. I watch it on the internet a few hours after it's screened in the U.S.
Test Subject
#56 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 6:58 AM
I've been trying to find a website to watch it on, but every time I get close it's already been deleted. Where do you watch it?
Test Subject
#57 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 8:42 PM
Miss-Resa if you go to the HBO site they have season one and two. Season one can be found under season one then episodes and season two is under episodes at the bottom of their page after it loads. Just click video at the top of the description and you should be good to go.

Press Alt+F4 for an I.Q. test now.....
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 4:04 AM
Personally, I love Anne Rice vampires. The books take a long while to get through, and they are very detailed, but the story is so great. I'm 13, and I've had random people tell me that my parents shouldn't let me read them. Haha, I guess they think it's too adult? That amuses me greatly. And Lestat is very yummy. =] Also, I like the Evernight series of books, by Claudia Gray. They are very easy reads, and the plot had some holes, but they're very good for what they are. As for movies, I haven't seen a lot that I like. I wasn't impressed with Interview With the Vampire, but then again, I think Tom Cruise is a wackadoodle, and I dislike Brad Pitt, so maybe I'm biased. I also didn't like The Vampire Lestat, because the story line differed so greatly. Oh, I forgot to mention: I extremely dislike Twilight for 11teen different reasons. And I'm reading the Vladimir Tod series, which seems slightly cliche, plus I loveee the name Vladimir and I think it's crazily overused as a vampire name, but the books seem all right for what they are, too. Just my opinion - Please don't kick me =P

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare.
The shadow in background of the morgue.
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley.
We can live like Jack and Sally, if we want. - I Miss You - Blink-182

Read my Sim story "Searching For Something " HERE
Test Subject
#59 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 1:15 AM
I love Edward but the whole sparkling thing is kind of awkward. ._.

★█▓▒░R0CK█▓▒░★
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:13 AM
Wicked Game is pretty cool xD

Definitely not a "normal" vampire novel.
Test Subject
#61 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 10:10 PM
I loved the book sereise The Vampire Acadamy. i forgot who wrote it but its pretty damn good. I HATE twilight! I read the books and was like 'ok really what's with the klutz?' Edward is too perfect for me. i would be driven to the brink of madness if anyone was that overprotective. I can't believe people think Rob is cute hes so UGLY he has hair EVERYWERE! And realy a guy who sparkles? face it twi fans Edward is a fairy not a vampire... Vampire Diaries is good to the book and the tv show. Im in to anime so i watched Vampire Knight. kinda like reading a book cause i got to read subtitles lol. I've never seen True Blood but i might start.
Test Subject
#62 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
I read Twilight, but I didn't enjoy it. I found it tedious, predictable and S. Meyer ruined all the vampire myths around. As that avatar says, Vampires DO NOT sparkle in the sun. They burn.
I'm after some other vampire books to read. I've read Interview with a Vampire, but I, surprisngly enough, didn't fall in love with it like I expected to. Any suggestions?

I highly recommend the House Of Night series. Its a tad predictible, and the characters can get, on occasion, quite annoying (Everything has flaws. Even fiction!). Its a long series, but not the type you have the read 6 books the get into. If you like the first one, keep going, if not, don't.
Its a romance with a little bit of action. Its really hard to determine if its a 'Good' or 'Bad' series. I love them all, but i did get a little annoyed at one of the books. I think the author had a bit of a mental blank on that particular book.
Even so, if you do give it a try, the first book is called Marked and the series is written by P.C & Kristen Cast.

Oh, and i forgot to check how old this post is, sorry if im doing that annoying Reply-After-Forever thing!
Test Subject
#63 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 11:42 PM
I do love Underworld, Interview with a Vampire, and Van Helsing. For books, Anita Blake is awesome as someone typed earlier in the thread, You Suck, though for adults takes a funny side of Vampires, Sweet Blood is about how Vampires and diabetics relate, but there aren't real Vampires in it (I just thought it was interesting), Strange Girls of R.L. Stine, more like a teenager book though.

My Stories:
The Shadow (TS3 story) Completed
Alternate Universe (TS2 story) Chapter 30 1/19/11
The Gang (Originally a TS3 story, but converted to TS2) Chapter 4 Re-post 1/13/11
Banned
#64 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FoldingFetish
I highly recommend the House Of Night series. Its a tad predictible, and the characters can get, on occasion, quite annoying (Everything has flaws. Even fiction!). Its a long series, but not the type you have the read 6 books the get into. If you like the first one, keep going, if not, don't.
Its a romance with a little bit of action. Its really hard to determine if its a 'Good' or 'Bad' series. I love them all, but i did get a little annoyed at one of the books. I think the author had a bit of a mental blank on that particular book.
Even so, if you do give it a try, the first book is called Marked and the series is written by P.C & Kristen Cast.

Oh, and i forgot to check how old this post is, sorry if im doing that annoying Reply-After-Forever thing!

I second the recommendation. Which book didn't you like, though? I read them all.
Test Subject
#65 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 9:38 PM
On topic again I LUV:
Morganville Vampires
House Of Night (Proud Nerd Herd Member LOL)
Vampire Academy
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 11:43 PM
I'm a total Twihard=]...But Edward Cullen is kinda ugly....*Recieves several smacks from Team edward fangirls.and my besto Natasha*
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 10:15 AM Last edited by fthomas : 22nd Feb 2010 at 9:24 PM.
I love True Blood, its great As well as "Being Human"

But like you kit kat...Twilight is pretty goood x

Test Subject
#68 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 7:45 AM
Older vampire stories, my picks would be Dracula (classic!) and the movie, The Lost Boys.
Modern one for me would be True Blood, I thoroughly enjoy the books and show.
Alchemist
#69 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
I read Twilight, but I didn't enjoy it. I found it tedious, predictable and S. Meyer ruined all the vampire myths around. As that avatar says, Vampires DO NOT sparkle in the sun. They burn.
I'm after some other vampire books to read. I've read Interview with a Vampire, but I, surprisngly enough, didn't fall in love with it like I expected to. Any suggestions?

Please, read MORGANVILLE VAMPIRES!!!
they are 8 books and I love them.
Here you can read the first and the second chapters:
http://www.rachelcaine.com/page1/page2/page2.html

Please, read!!!

What's love? ♥My ChannelMy Art PageMy DA

There's never an ounce that I breathe
Without thinking about
Who I could have been if you didn't leave
Come Home ~ Eyes Set To Kill
Test Subject
#70 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 7:08 PM
Oh, gosh. How on earth could you possibly only love a few vampire thingies? I love 'em all! (Well, except twilight)

When it comes to books, Southern Vampire Mysteries, Vampire diaries and Rebirth would probably me the top ones, but there's so much more!

Movies: and tv-series: Bram Stoker's Dracula, Dracula 2000, Interview with a Vampire, Perfect Creature, True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Moonlight, My best friend is a Vampire.

I love 'em all, but there's so much more I can't recall at the moment.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#71 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 8:02 PM
Two days ago I watched Interview with the Vampire and The Queen of the Damned the same night from 1am to 6am ^-^ *loves Interview with the Vampire*

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Test Subject
#72 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampire_aninyosaloh
Two days ago I watched Interview with the Vampire and The Queen of the Damned the same night from 1am to 6am ^-^ *loves Interview with the Vampire*

I LOVE Interview With A Vampire
Banned
#73 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 11:44 PM
The original "Dracula" was good, the one by Bram Stoker.

Also, a good series is "Night World" by L.J. Smith

Um. A really bad series is Twitlight.
Test Subject
#74 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 5:19 PM
Hello everyone!
I love the Vampire Academy novels by Richelle Mead, they're truly amazing ;-) :lovestruc
I also loved the Twilight series when I was younger and they were brand-new, I still like them (at least the first three books) but I don't like them as much as when I was 15, so yeah... Oh by the way, when I first saw Edward sparkling in the movie I was just like OMG - I never really thought they were supposed to sparkle that much, I always thought it was more like a metaphora..
When it comes to Tv I like "Interview with a vampire", "Moonlight" and "The Vampire Diaries"... :D

I also love the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare which has vampires in it
Test Subject
#75 Old 12th May 2010 at 5:55 PM
I love the Sookie books, i'm adjusting to how true blood is changing it a bit but it seems great. I loved the Twilight books...i honestly fell in love with Jacob lol just because he is the perfect best friend who always gets screwed over even though everyone knows he's the healthier pick...but if the choice was to me i'd pick Edward too. I heart Vamps but i've run out of reading material as well. I read L.A. Banks Damali Richards Series...very adult lol plus i started reading from the 4th book to the end. I own all Sookie and with the lack of vamp books i moved to murder mystery by the same author of sookie- Charlainne Harris. Any good vamp books?

Page 3 of 5