Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS Texture+Unitool v1.9.3569 r131 (Updated 9th October 2009 - Now works on OS X and Linux!)

by CTU Team Posted 18th Aug 2009 at 11:31 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:07 PM by Nysha

790 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 729 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 32
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 11:34 PM
Awesome thank you all for putting so much work into the CTU tool I really appreciate it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 11:37 PM
This Rocks! Can't wait to play with it!!!

Fred

If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the world stupidity? - Greg Graffin
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 11:48 PM Last edited by RiBlan : 19th Aug 2009 at 12:00 AM.
Hehe, cool. Can't wait to try it out.

EDIT: I didn't have the RunTime.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 12:09 AM
I opened up a project of mine that worked fine on your earlier releases (including the one before this that introduced the 3D view). However, when I opened the file with this version I get this error:

My other project works fine. I've included the file in case you want to take a look.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  wbmfuku.zip (141.7 KB, 197 downloads)
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 12:17 AM
Thanks a lot for this!!!! :D

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 12:17 AM
Thanks a million for the update. Please clarify if indeed this new version will run under net framework 2.0 and not 3.5 like the previous. I tried running the previous version with 2.0 and it all worked fine, until I tried saving a file and got an unhandled exception error, so 3.5 took care of that. I have two other machines with net frame 2.0 that I never expose to an online connection, so I need to know if 2.0 will indeed work with this update. Thanks again.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 12:32 AM
I love this tool and how it keeps evolving and expanding, allowing us to do more and more, and find it indispensable. THANK YOU so much for all your efforts in making a great app.
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 12:38 AM Last edited by Enjoji : 19th Aug 2009 at 12:39 AM. Reason: re-worded a sentence...
I've just downloaded the previous build of this tool today (to get my head wrapped around some texturing etc...) and it's awesome you've released this updated version. Thank you... My query is that I'm about to update my system to Net Framework 3.5 (Vista) and you've dropped this update back to 2.0 - will this new version still work on 3.5? It's probably a dumb question, but I'm a noob with stuff like this, and would love to have this up-to-date version

Any help or advice from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks again :D

...Titanium white...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#10 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 12:48 AM Last edited by Delphy : 19th Aug 2009 at 1:08 AM.
mosbyte: It clearly says in the overview text that it requires 2.0, and doesn't mention at all 3.5.

Enjoji: You must make sure you have .NET Framework 2.0 installed even if you've installed 3.5. Just download it from the link and install.

matildarose: Thanks for the attachment, I'll take a look.

Edit: Okay I've identified the issue. 1.8.3518.1616 (r81) fixes your issue (PS The Ambient texture you have defined is missing...)

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 12:59 AM
Delphy, you could learn a little in the way of manners when you answer people. If you stop to think for a moment, some users may think it's a typo when a newer version of a program requires an older programming environment than its predecessor.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 1:09 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT THANKS *_*
Don't need TSR Workshop anymore
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 1:12 AM
I redownloaded it and everything works fine! ..... And for some reason, the ambient always seems to go missing on that file. XD
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 1:12 AM
OMG, This is great!!! Thank you very much!! can't wait to try it
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#15 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 1:16 AM
mosbyte: Yes, I realise it might be a little confusing to people who have used the older version, but theres no need to call me rude when I was, indeed, answering your question.

It's not a typo, and this version does indeed require .NET 2.0 and not .NET 3.5 - since obviously it's not clear to people who are coming from the older version and might get confused even though it's stated in the thread, I'll add some clarification text to make things simpler.

Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 1:35 AM
I tried to make a tattoo, but each time I commit a texture, it gives me an "System.NullReferenceException",, then I turn to something with a mesh(a tattoo has no mesh), this does not happen..
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#17 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 1:48 AM
Thank you Delphy

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Instructor
#18 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 1:59 AM
I tried downloading .NET Framework 2.0 and during the installation of that, it said that it doesnt run on Windows Vista, so i had to exit the setup.

Fashion icon Lady GaGa! Now being created. Take a look!
Call me RCob It's much easier. :)

Mah Facebook
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#19 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 2:16 AM
ailivina: Sorry but I'm gonna need a LOT more information that that. Please follow the instructions in the overview that tell you how to capture the error message box and post it here.

Also, make sure you use r81, just in case.

r_cobleigh109: Vista supposedly comes with .NET 2.0. Just try running it and see what happens.

Mother Function
retired moderator
#20 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 2:27 AM Last edited by daluved1 : 19th Aug 2009 at 2:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by r_cobleigh109
I tried downloading .NET Framework 2.0 and during the installation of that, it said that it doesnt run on Windows Vista, so i had to exit the setup.

2.0 runs on my Vista laptop. For me, .NET 2.0 came with 3.5

So maybe you already have it?

Edit - Yay! New version to play with :D

Quick Question: Am I to assume that these TGI Links are bumpmaps?

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 2:41 AM Last edited by ailivina : 19th Aug 2009 at 6:59 AM.
Delphy, thanks for your answer.

I am not sure about the r81... what is it? I am using the new CTU with a 3D preview...

I can still have this error when: go click a sock, add a new design, go texture panel click commit without any changes.

The error is here (I deleted non English words, and sorry for this long thing):

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MadScience.Render.RenderWindow.loadTexture(Stream textureInput, String outputTexture)
at CASPartEditor.Form1.reloadTextures(xmlChunkDetails details)
at CASPartEditor.Form1.btnReloadTextures_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at CASPartEditor.Form1.btnCommitLstTexture_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Scholar
#22 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 2:43 AM
Thanks Delphy, I've been looking forward to this. Here's an idea for the next version. Don't start it till you've had a couple of days off, lol, you must work flat out to do all this.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#23 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:26 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned...but HSV patterns aren't being displayed at all. The pattern preview doesn't update, and the preview doesn't render them.

Idk if that was by design or not

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Field Researcher
#24 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:39 AM
I really need some help..It's not working for me and I have no idea what could be wrong..I have Windows Vista in case you needed to know..

I downloaded and extracted the unitool and the casparts...and when I click on the unitool to open it, a box immediately pops up that says "Cas part editor has stopped working...windows will try to solve the problem" and then again, immediately says "a problem has caused the program to stop working."

So what's the deal? Any help please?
Instructor
#25 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:41 AM
hmm well maybe it was something else then! cuz when i tried to run the CTU the vista box came up that said 'The CAS Part Editor has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution to the problem.' it is the first and only thing that comes up.

Fashion icon Lady GaGa! Now being created. Take a look!
Call me RCob It's much easier. :)

Mah Facebook
Page 1 of 32