Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Ask if Single" changed to Friendly 1.63

by Shimrod101 Posted 2nd Sep 2009 at 10:13 PM - Updated 26th Oct 2013 at 2:17 PM by Shimrod101 : Update 1.63

131 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 117 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Inventor
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 10:55 PM
So... is it compatible with Awesome Mod, or not?
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 2:49 AM
thank you so much
now sims wont think other wise :p
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 3:33 AM
Wow, I have definitely wanted something like this. Thank you!

It truly is nonsensical to have it as romance because you may just want to ask them if they are single so that you can know who they are with without having to enter the other Sim's lot. And that way the Sim they are with is off limits and you won't cause any drama between the two.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 3:44 AM
I was just discussing the sense behind this mod with my husband. It has always seemed odd to me that the 'ask if single' interaction should be filed under the romantic pie menu since I wouldnt consider it a romantic gesture - a straight female sim asking the female colleague she just met if she's married, for example, shouldnt be construed as her testing the water for a potential relationship!

what were you thinking?? *shakes head at EAxis*

Thank you very much for this.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 3:52 AM
thank you for this, i sometimes forget if a sim is married or not so i would do ASK IF SINGLE options, id hate it then that my sim would want to kiss the sim they just questioned,
this is a much needed mod
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 4:58 AM
This is so much more realistic. I always ask if someone has a partner, it's getting to know the person, not hitting on them. Thank you.
Inventor
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 9:58 AM
Thank you. I also found it very annoying that non-flirtous sims could never ask if another sim was single until they knew each other very well (for they don't have the romantic menu from the beginning)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annachibi
So... is it compatible with Awesome Mod, or not?

I would think not. It was stated once here on MTS that Awesomemod uses the Socializing XML, so mine would conflict with it; I don't know this as fact though.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I would think not. It was stated once here on MTS that Awesomemod uses the Socializing XML, so mine would conflict with it; I don't know this as fact though.

Not anymore: the last versions of the Awesomemod don't use the Socializing XML no more. So it's theorically safe. As a safety measure, this mod here could be put in high priority, just in case

Anyway thanks a lot for this mod. How absurd is that to be hitting on your friends by asking if they're single or not LOL
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 6:54 PM
Don't forget that asking if single is the only way to let the sim world know what gender you prefer, that is why it is set to a romantic interaction. A bit like check sim out in S2. It's the best way to set your own gender bias so far in S3. So each time Annie asks a male sim if he is single it sets points for fancying females below zero and plus points for males. That way you get a better game as females will then stop attempting to gain your friendship with romance in mind. Just do it the other way round for gay sims etc.
Instructor
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 7:47 PM
Can anyone confirm that this works for Awesomemod? I'll volunteer to be a lab rat and test it out, too.
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loopsydoo
Don't forget that asking if single is the only way to let the sim world know what gender you prefer, that is why it is set to a romantic interaction. A bit like check sim out in S2. It's the best way to set your own gender bias so far in S3. So each time Annie asks a male sim if he is single it sets points for fancying females below zero and plus points for males. That way you get a better game as females will then stop attempting to gain your friendship with romance in mind. Just do it the other way round for gay sims etc.

What would be great would be to have both a romance and a friendly version, where the romance version would act as EA originally designed, and the friendly version would be just that.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#14 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
That was changed ages ago. AwesomeMod no longer uses socializing.xml, so there is no conflict.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 3:59 PM

AFAIK what you describe is incorrect. The only thing I've seen programmed in the game and also reported by others as programmed into the game is this:

"kNumUserDirectedSameSexGenderPreferencesBeforeSameSexAllowedAutonomously 6.0"

This is in the resource SimDescription. What this means is that your town is automatically straight unless a user directed sim clicks on a townie sim of the same gender with a romantic interaction like Flirt or Compliment Appearance or Ask if Single or whatever; if the user directed sim does this 6 times with sims of the same gender one opens the possibility for townie sims to go after sims of the same gender. Otherwise they won't. There are no "points" as you describe it.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 11:46 PM
Thank you! I always thought it should've been under friendly.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 8:53 AM
Ever since I downloaded this mod, I can't seem to get the "... thinks Leira is being flirty" status in interaction.

I have been best friends with a male sim for aaaages and I've been amorously hugging him, flirting with him, holding hands, etc for a long time, but I always get "... thinks Leira is okay." It bugs me to death since these two Sims are supposed to fall hopelessly in love and start a large family of at least 25 children

I was wondering, since your mod is (as far as I remember) the only romance-mod I have, if it was your fault my game is messed up
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmyMercury1
Ever since I downloaded this mod, I can't seem to get the "... thinks Leira is being flirty" status in interaction.
I have been best friends with a male sim for aaaages and I've been amorously hugging him, flirting with him, holding hands, etc for a long time, but I always get "... thinks Leira is okay."
I was wondering, since your mod is (as far as I remember) the only romance-mod I have, if it was your fault my game is messed up

I haven't seen any changes in my games with all the other romantic interactions: it still says "thinks they are flirty" or alluring or whatever. Only on the 'ask if single' does it of course say "thinks they are okay". I suggest you try removing my mod and see if your game repairs itself.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 11:42 AM

That could easily be done with the compliment appearance interaction instead, which is a much more romantic based interaction.

If I ask a new work colleague if he is married or not, doesn't mean I am gay, or imply I have a preference for guys. The "ask if single" being a romantic interaction is just plain stupid if you ask me.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 1:55 PM
I removed your mod (the only thing I changed in my game) and it took me less than ten seconds to get 'alluring' and make them fall in love :/
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 3:18 AM
Can't you make it compatible with samesex pregnancy mod please?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lorea
Can't you make it compatible with samesex pregnancy mod please?

Nope. Not if a same sex pregnancy mod uses the Socializing resource anyway. (You should check such a mod to make sure it uses socializing.) Only way to do it would be to combine them, in other words, someone who has made such a mod looks at mine, finds out what I changed in the Socializing, and adds it into theirs.This would be okay by me, but I'm not about to add the same sex pregnancy into mine because there are also other resources needed to make the same sex work, and I'm not interested in the subject anyway and have no particular inclination to mod it.

Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 4:26 AM
"kNumUserDirectedSameSexGenderPreferencesBeforeSameSexAllowedAutonomously 6.0"

Another one of EA's really poor ideas. Is there a way I can set it to 0 to get rid of it?

Maybe EA should realize how offensive it is? But, profits come first!
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 4:40 AM
Ok, I just read about how this "feature" is even more ....... um.... bad.

After doing those 6 forced maneuvers, the entire neighborhood becomes bisexual. Joy...

Anyway, more on-topic. I also like the idea of having both types of "Ask if Single". Perhaps the friendly version could be "Ask About Family". "Ask if Single", the way it's worded, does imply hitting on someone (mildly) to me.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 7:50 AM
So this won't work with the 1.2.7 upgrade of the game? The 1.4.6 version crashed my game and I couldn't play with that "upgrade". I had to get my game reverted back to the first upgrade. :/
Page 1 of 6