Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 8:39 AM
This happened some time ago but... I had built a small custom house for a CAS sim. He obviously didn't like my selection of flowers for the front walk, putting his hand over his mouth and making that gagging action. He then spontaneously watered the three tiles of flowers over and over until they were dead. Then he cleaned up each tile and took them to the rubbish bin. I've seen some strange things in the game but that had to be the strangest...

Okay, maybe tied with the ghost whose wife remarried. When she and hubby2 cuddled on the bed the ghost got offended and stormed off the lot carrying a suitcase...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 9:50 AM
It must have been the time, when I started to play Xenophilia-challenge. I had a hacked telescope on the lot, and just when my sim returned from his spacetrip, the nanny got abducted... autonomously! I think I haven't laughed so hard in many years xD I still have a pic of that event in my desktop! And the end result as my avatar
Scholar
#28 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 2:30 PM
Well, years ago I had a family in that giant house in Pleasantview, Wright Way, or whatever it's called. Anyway the mother was pregnant, heavily pregnant. Then the kitchen went on fire. She ran out of the house, into the front garden. Then, with the fire alarm in the background, she starts to give birth. Fire engine pulls up, fireman runs up the steps behind her into the house, and shes standing outside with newborn baby in her arms!
Not as good as a nanny abducted by aliens but it's all i can think of.
Test Subject
#29 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 4:55 PM
Well, my christmas tree burnt down, and took about half the house with it, so my sims didnt have a very nice christmas. oh! My teenage sim had sex with a old man once, i dk =how the hell that happened!

That girl's made of matches and she wants to light her name, untill it catches.
Test Subject
#30 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 9:33 PM
My teenage sim had sex with a old man once, i dk =how the hell that happened![/QUOTE]

How did he do that?

“Oh my god,” Alec shut his eyes. “Jace, you’re naked.”

“I know,” Jace said. “I’m in my purest form, no hair dye, no clothes, no kangaroos. I’m just me!”
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 12:12 AM
Well, this is because of hacks I have, but I've had sims in same sex relationships get pregnant and have babies which age into toddlers in the span of an hour.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 12:20 AM
I have ACR and InTeen and in one of my families the mother autonomously woohoo'd with her hubby at the same time the daughter woohoo'd with her bf. I heard the chimes but didn't know which one was pregnant. Then later on I saw the daughter do that gagging thing which cleared up that issue, or so I thought... the next day both the mother's and the daughter's bellies popped.

Everything seemed cool until a little while later I noticed the daughter had gone into aspiration failure and when I investigated I realised that her bf had been eaten by the cow plant! It was quite sad but so, so crazy. Weird stuff like that doesn't usually happen in my game because I'm a control freak so it was funny.
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 1:15 AM
I had the ghost of a vampire in my house once,
And he had a thing for scaring the youngest daughter only
After she fell asleep, everytime.
He never bothered anyone else, just her. :/
Scholar
#34 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 8:18 PM
I've just witnessed the strangest thing, and it didn't look like a glitch.

My teen Sim was having a date in Downtown and they went to have a dinner in that Retro looking restaurant. Anyways, my teens were seated at the booth and they chose to sit next to each other, on a double seat, so my Sim was sitting next to the window and her date blocked her way by sitting next to her, so for her to be able to leave the table, her date would have to get up first and move out of her way. They had their dinner, blahblah, my Sim was ready to go but she couldn't, since her date stubbornly continued sitting next to her and the exit. The next thing I know, my Sim jumped out of her sit and landed across the table!! It didn't look like a "jump bug" or anything, she really jumped and I saw her landing on her feet next to the table. I'm so curious now, that next time I play, I will send my Sims to dine out and hope the controlled Sim will happen to be seated next to the window with his/her way out blocked. Gosh, I feel bad for not recording it as a movie, but I had no idea my Sim will figure out how to free herself.
If it turns out to be some game's bug after all, I still will be glad for unexpected entertainment and a complete moment of disbelief :D
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 9:27 PM
That happened to me as well...too funny
Inventor
#36 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 11:38 PM
It isn't a glitch Amairani. Sims can also jump into a booth to sit next to someone already seated. One of the expansion packs added this behavior. Really makes me wonder why sims can't get around so many different things in the game, but there are a few instances where sims can, and do get around objects and people. I have to admit, I can think of a lot of times this ability would be much more useful than it is in a restaurant and wish the developers had applied the code to circumvent more liberally.
Scholar
#37 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 1:32 AM
Wow I'll have to try that about jumping over the booths...
The funniest behavior was when an NPC was a vampire and, I saw him because his skin was grey w/ red eyes, and he walked by my house! In daytime! I'm not even kidding. And he was smoking (smoke coming out of him) and everything! But he just kept walking!

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Mad Poster
#38 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 5:30 AM
The weirdest thing just happened the other night-I was playing one of the families, and there was a huge fight between Nina Caliente and Sandy Bruty-they hated one another with a passion.
The fight went on and on-and then Nina dropped dead! Sandy had won the fight. (I do have the "fight" hack from MATY, BTW). Nina and Sandy were both guests, and I guess Nina's meters just dropped to nothing during the fight. She'd been having a really bad time to begin with.
Sandy is now doing time in the Pleasantview Prison for manslaughter. She'll never kill another person in a fight again! Bad Sandy!
Scholar
#39 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cheshirekat
It isn't a glitch Amairani. Sims can also jump into a booth to sit next to someone already seated. One of the expansion packs added this behavior. Really makes me wonder why sims can't get around so many different things in the game, but there are a few instances where sims can, and do get around objects and people.

Oh, wow! Thanks for clearing this up. I still want to make it happen again, the whole action looked funny. Even my Sim's date had that expression on his face LOL
Site Helper
#40 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 1:12 PM
I've had a very determined grand vampire coming by in broad daylight to steal newspapers and knock over the trash can, so Kaila's vampire has company! lol

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#41 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 11:54 PM
I'd just got one of my Sims pregnant and when she got out of the bath she needed to throw up. But not in the toilet right beside the bath, no that would require too little effort. Instead she ran all the way downstairs to throw up in the clogged up toilet that was awaiting the repairwoman in the morning. If the repairwoman refuses to touch that thing then I will totally understand. XD
Site Helper
#42 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 12:33 AM
In Sims 1 if there was a toilet that hadn't been flushed the maid would clean it and leave it unflushed. Maybe the repair person will do that too.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
#43 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 12:39 AM
Yeah, it can be funny, after the fact, when a sim goes a long way to do or use something that they can do in the very room they are already in. Too bad it is often quite annoying at the moment they do it. I try to have my sims eat supper together. Other meals they often eat separately because it saves time.

The other day, I had a sim cook and serve the supper while the others were already seated at the table and very hungry. My sim serves the meal and when she heads back into the kitchen to put the serving platter down before grabbing her own plate, I had the others start eating. They get sad, puppy-dog eyes when the food is before them but they have only been told to sit. They want so much to eat the food! But every supper, I gather everyone at the table first, and only let them eat when everyone has been served.

Well, my sim grabbed her plate, went into the dining room, passed the dining room, went down the stairs, through a long hallway, through another room and outside to the table by the front door. The kitchen is all the way at the back of this large house! No matter what I did, I couldn't cancel her "eat" action until she sat down at the table. Then she gets up and puts the plate on the floor. I had to grab the plate, put it on the counter and make her run all the way there to get it. She did. Then she sat at the empty dining room table to eat all by herself. Everyone else had already eaten and I had them go do something fun. This sim got to stay up very very late doing every chore I could think of for that stunt.
Test Subject
#44 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 1:57 AM
Well not really strange but as I was reading this thread with sims 2 minimized..my sim's kid got lit on fire and died. :x
Test Subject
#45 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 8:00 PM
Once I was playing in a house I built in Pleasentview. I had two sims, a husband and a wife. I bought a treadmill and made the husband run on it wile I played with the wife in another room. She was painting when she suddenly stopped and went to the room with the treadmill. There I saw the grim reaper take the husband, somehow he died while exercising. I have never figured it out because it happened in about an hour in game time.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 12:51 AM Last edited by Charity : 3rd Jan 2010 at 1:15 AM.
Yikes. Better make sure I don't overexercise my Sims.

I was only half paying attention while waiting for my Sim's pregnancy to progress. She hit the point where you grow a bump and change into maternity clothes then went into massive aspirational failure as some fear was fulfilled. I wasn't watching the fears, so I have no idea which fear it was, but now I want to know. Anyone have any ideas?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 1:13 AM
One of my sims teeth got caught outside his mouth in what I'm assuming was a glitch. I ended up using a cheat to kill him off because he was creeping me out so bad and the whole "restarting without saving" did not cure it. XD

I've had soap bubbles stay long after the sim was finished cleaning. And once, my sim got stuck at work. I waited and waited for quite a few sim days and finally ended up restarting without saving.

The game glitched again recently with one of those random chance things, I chose the wrong option and my sim should have been fired according to the outcome (that's what it said anyway after I chose) but they ended up staying at work until time to come home and were promoted to the next level! Heh.
Scholar
#48 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 12:04 AM
Oh I just remembered. This one sim in college with his sister, his parents lived in apartments in the main neighborhood, and he forgot who his parents were. I was looking through his contacts and they weren't there. Then I checked the sister and she was OK. So I had her invite the parents over and then the brother met them, suddenly he thought he was married to his mom? And he had the option to "break up" even though the mom is married to her husband (his dad). Because he had 0 relationship with both of them. But his family tree was ok.
Then I went to see the parents, their relationship was OK with him same as always. But they tried to invite him over, and he didn't come over, he rejected their invitation? Eventually I figured he was glitched so I killed him in a pool in his own lot. First sim that died in that neighborhood, and the second sim I ever made. (His sister was the first.) Then his mom died of old age. His dad is yet to die.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Yikes. Better make sure I don't overexercise my Sims.

I was only half paying attention while waiting for my Sim's pregnancy to progress. She hit the point where you grow a bump and change into maternity clothes then went into massive aspirational failure as some fear was fulfilled. I wasn't watching the fears, so I have no idea which fear it was, but now I want to know. Anyone have any ideas?

What aspiration?

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Test Subject
#49 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 3:50 AM
These are very funny! I'm new to Sims, but a couple weeks ago I wasn't taking good care of all the kids I thought I could have, and the social worker came to take them away. When she was taking them, one-by-one, the dad started losing it, hopped in the tub and started pretending he was a pirate. OMG, I was laughing SO HARD!

~Val~
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 4:13 AM
Something else strange that happened to me awhile back. I noticed my hot tub kept bubbling but for the life of me I couldn't figure out why. I apparently had an invisible person in there. It took me forever to get rid of him.

Another strange hot tub incident, a few sims have came to my sims house and just gotten naked in their hot tub. It shocked me the first couple of times it happened. XD I just didn't expect randoms to do that.
Page 2 of 58