Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Springville - a new Neighbourhood (only basegame needed)

by himawara106 Posted 21st Jan 2010 at 7:19 PM - Updated 5th Apr 2010 at 10:12 AM by Delphy

166 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 146 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 7:26 PM
I love this! Thank you!!!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 7:29 PM
Nice! Thanks!
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 7:32 PM
Looks hella better than the ones on official site. I'll give it a spin. Thanks.
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 7:44 PM
How do I install it? Just like the rest of the files? Why are there 2 files? I'm sorry if these questions seem to be silly but this is my first world I want to download. You did a really nice job! :-)
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 7:49 PM
Thanks so much, this is a lovely neighbourhood, wish I could live there too!
thank you for sharing !!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 7:52 PM
Wow... its beautiful! I love the area around the lake :D
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 7:52 PM
not sure if this is only me but i downloaded both files, then my computer informs me that part 2 is absent even though i have both files...not sure whats going on here
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 7:50 PM
Thanks for sharing.This is the first world I'll try out in my game.
Scholar
#10 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 7:53 PM
Nicely done...I'm anxious to try it out...thank you for sharing Springville!
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 7:58 PM
I can't install it too, same problem as sim3blog
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 8:12 PM
Great, a new world to try out! Looking forward to playing with it, thank you! (Also, re the others who mentioned problems with the two parts of the file, they both extracted and joined up fine for me, so it's best to try it again.)
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 8:44 PM
It downloaded fine for me too. To the people who are having issues, this is how I did it:

First download both files before extracting either of them. That is, save them to your computer, don't 'Open' them.
Once both are fully downloaded, then open up the first file using WinRAR (or whicever program you use for extracting .rar files).
Extract the Sims3Pack file to the Desktop.
It will prompt you to browse for the other file. Browse and select the other file. It will automatically join them together.

Hope this helps! And thanks himawara, this town looks great, and doesn't have an excessive amount of lots like some of the others I have seen.
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 8:45 PM
I also am having problems. In my case, I receive a message that both files are broken. They do end up joining, but the result is an unreadable file.

"The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it, seems to me the deepest root of all that is evil in the world." ~ Max Born
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 9:03 PM
thanks, this is a great. i'll give it a go today, been waiting for a new neighborhood and this is great.

Love The Sims Always
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 9:43 PM
My files are saying they are corrupt please help me! :S
Retired
retired moderator
#17 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 9:43 PM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 21st Jan 2010 at 10:13 PM.
Hi himawara106, congrats on the upload. Springville definitely has charm, but there are one or two issues you might like to address in a new version if you get some time later. I've captured some screens in-game to show you what I mean.

Camera Routing

You can route the camera around some places that you probably shouldn't, such as behind the big mountains (with the pretty terrain painting). Easily fixed with a tighter derouting mask.

Water edges + Lot Edges

These are difficult, I know. You need to spend some more time tidying them up, though. Remember that the landscape has a rubber band effect when you draw/flatten lots that are near each other, so try to place lots on flat land that isn't too close to other lots, and only after you've finished terrain sculpting. Water edges are very difficult, and can take hours of smoothing and reflattening to fix, but it's worth the hard work. You can also hide them under flora and boulders.

Roads Buckling

Your roads are very uneven and this makes cars undulate about while driving. Use the gradient tools and your keen eye to get them a bit flatter and more driveable.

Random Objects Embedded in Terrain

When you're placing objects, make sure you press the ESC key when you want to stop. If you don't, you'll find random objects are left where ever your mouse was sitting when you changed a tool. This also accounts for the underwater trees in the lots/water edges pic above.

It's playable as it is, but with a little polish more it will be an utterly perfect little island. Thanks!

Kiwi_tea.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 10:34 PM
Great job, I don't do well with creating neighbourhoods myself, and I really needed something new =)
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 11:02 PM
What is a rabbit hole?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 11:45 PM
I like. Kind of feels like the small town I grew up in.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 12:07 AM
maybe Kiwi_Tea can do better themselves if they want to so thoroughly rip through your hard work..

nice job on springville.
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 12:33 AM
it's constructive criticism, kiki. Kiwi is helping by letting the creator know some of the problems with their work. great job!
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 12:37 AM
Way cute, I absolutely love it.

(Kiwi_tea isn't "ripping" on it, 'kiki, just offering helpful pointers.)

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe," Albert Einstein
Mad Poster
#24 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 12:52 AM
(Kiwi doesn't need to be bashed for trying to help, `kiki. And if you had bothered to read, hima said they were open to any suggestions for improvement.)

I really love this world, himawara106! I've always like the smaller towns.
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 12:54 AM
I love it thank you for all your hard work!!!!
Page 1 of 7