Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by Tashiketh

2153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1627 Feedback Posts, 525 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 87
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:04 AM
I think I might try this. If I do, I will install later tonight and give my first report.
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:07 AM
Wow, good job! Downloading,
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:25 AM
Although I was confident that I had fixed all of my files with your blue lot object fixer, this caught a few that I must have missed - so many files, it was bound to happen. This made light work of finding and fixing those stray files - thank you for all of your hard work.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:33 AM
I don't know what I did wrong. I used jzip to unrar the package and double clicked on the .exe file. I get a message right away that there was a problem with the program and it had to be shut down. I have a vista 64.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:34 AM
I could not play TS3 without your tools. Thank you so much for your hard work!
Scholar
#7 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:40 AM
Seems to be exactly what i was looking for
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:50 AM
We waiting for this since the launch of Sims 3. Thanks a lot.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#9 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:47 AM
Thanks for the tool. Seems I have a lot of corrupted files on the game, though they are working.
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:53 AM
mine says that there are corrupted files, yet some are the ones i use the most, and have no problem with. iim just going to check my game to see if there are any problems with them though.
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 12:56 AM
This was something I have been looking for. Thank you! Testing right now.

Runs great on windows 7, however it only specified one broken file which either means that certain files are just not being detected as corrupt, or I only had one corrupt file out of thousands (which is more likely.) Will continue to look and confirm.

++ I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad++
+++ The dreams in which im dying are the best I've ever had +++
Banned
#12 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 1:03 AM
Does not seem to find corrupt files.

I have files that I know for a fact are corrupt- as my game slows tremendously when using them. Converted Sims3Pack files. I just put htem back into my packages folder in their own folder so I dont accidentally leave them there, and it doesnt find a single corrupt one. That can't be right.
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 1:23 AM
My game runs fine, but I thought I'd use this to see if any corrupt files were found. There were a couple listed as corrupt (blue lot), but I have not encountered this problem in my game. Do you suggest I still disable these?
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 1:57 AM
Delphy , thank-you for making this program for us players. The program immediately spotted six corrupted files in my game.
Instructor
#15 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 2:07 AM
Hi, thank you thank you for this. i just run a file check and looks like all the cars i downloaded here are corrupt, but they work fine in-game. should i still disable it?
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 2:15 AM
Great idea! It just saved my game. I downloaded the Aston Martin earlier today. I ran this program and it found that it was corrupted with "Blue Lot". So, I ran the "Blue Lot" fixer and then ran this program again just to make sure it was fixed. It passed! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 2:28 AM
You are my hero!! And so are your co-workers on this project! You have saved my game!!! VOTE DELPHY FOR PRESIDENT! No, but seriously, you made my day!

I had 278 corrupted files (corrupted/blue lot) and I was so sad because my game didn't work properly, because after I had stopped playing, and play again, there were ALWAYS blue lots in the neightbourhood!

Thanks again!!!
Scholar
#18 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 2:45 AM
Delphy,its already 3.30 a.m,but no bedtime yet,its all your fault ! ! I am soo busy cleaning files with your new tool.....AND it seems to work perfectly.
THANK YOU for this new must-have,it will be a huge contribution to our game.

Had already successfully used your " BlueLotObjectFixer",but not yet your "BlueLotFixer".The Dasboard Tool found several red files.Then I used your "BlueLotFixer" and now I really begin to think that all my packages are OK (after a new scan with the "Dashboard" and no more red files).

P.S.Just got an error as I tried to delete caches (compositor,script etc) but its so easy to delete them manually.

I am very grateful.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 3:07 AM
Thank you Delphy - this is great! My scan showed several red highlighted files, most of them from Sims Art Gallery.

Just a thought - could you add the ability to delete all checked items, instead of just disabling them?

Here's a link to a screenshot of an error I got when 'refreshing' my file list for the first time, though the scan finished fine after I said 'Okay': http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a...reenShot291.png

Thanks again!

~ h e l a e n e ~
https://www.patreon.com/helaene (free)
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 3:18 AM
I try testing
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 3:43 AM
i got the same message as halaene but i hit ok and nothing...i had to open task manager to end program. i did however delete the two files highlighted in my packages folder as the program froze. here's hoping. open to suggestion.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 3:47 AM
Tested this and it works for me. I found several packages that were corrupted and now my loading times have decreased. I just wanted to extend a sincere thanks to everyone involved in this program because as my problems with TSRW and EA's launcher get worse day by day it's really wonderful knowing MTS has our collective backsides with package files.

P.s Just wanted to add that I am on Vista 64 and the only problem I had was an exception error when I tried to clear all cache's. This could be working as intended or something I fudged up though.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 4:02 AM
I was so happy to see this and downloaded right away. I had already used the BlueLotFixer when you first made it available, before batch version. I thought I had checked all my objects but this found one I had missed.

Thank you so much for the contributions you have made towards finding and fixing objects that can cause blue lots at worst case and/or slow down the game even if they didn't immediately cause blue lots. I think it was Inge who said something to the effect that not fixing incorrectly made files was a ticking time bomb and I so agree with that. There is no doubt in my mind you have saved all of us an awful lot of headaches.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 4:19 AM
I just used this and it found several files that came up as Corrupt (Blue Lot), but what's strange is I use most of the objects regularly and I've never had the blue lot problem. I'll run them through the blue lot fixer just in case, though.

What I'm wondering about, though, is why did it pick up a hair file as a Corrupt (Blue Lot) file? I thought only certain objects caused it and it had to do with which object it was cloned from. So hair having this issue doesn't make much sense. The hair it's showing is the first male one from here. Does the Blue Lot Object Fixer even fix hair?
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 4:25 AM
WoW, just WOW, 269 bad files, Thank you so much for this timely download, just when all the bugs were making me think of giving up on the Sims.

Now I just need the time to test my game out, too bad it's 11pm and I have to go to work for the next 72 hours.
Page 1 of 87