Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Career Rewards As Aspiration Rewards, 2 Flavors, Download According to EP owned

by joninmobile Posted 1st Feb 2010 at 11:38 PM - Updated 2nd Aug 2010 at 8:03 AM by joninmobile

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 2:01 AM
Phenomenal! Thanks very much!
Scholar
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 3:14 AM
I actually do have the stamina to play careers until the sims get the reward. Nonetheless, I really appreciate your motive of getting people to continue to play Sims 2! I bought - installed - then uninstalled Sims 3! It's a pity they couldn't have put some of the neat Sims 3 ideas (traits, voices) into, say, a Sims 2.7!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 4:07 AM
I don't mind playing to the top of careers most of the time, but it was always sad that my unemployed/self-employed sims couldn't get some of these things. Now they can! Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 12:18 PM
Woohoo! Thank you, jon, for this amazing upload! No more career work for my Sims! :P
Instructor
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 2:41 PM
This is brilliant! I've always wanted more Aspiration rewards and this makes much better sense than just having buyable rewards. THANK YOU hugely!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 7:04 PM
I need no more insentive to play Sims 2 then I ever did. I think I can sadly say that my sister has been converted over to Sims 3, but I have yet to figure out the appeal. On the other hand that means I have free say in whatever I want to put in there. I don't often use the career rewards . . . or the aspiration rewards. My sims like to have kids and I tend to focus on those to the exclusion of everything else. However, some times it would be nice to have one of these for use and while I certainly have gone through and entire career track for one of these things . . . which is a lot easier after the first one . . . sometimes the desire to use it has more immediate timing. For example I have a sim trying to go through the paranormal career track so that she can bring back her husband while trying to raise her two sets of twins. So I will certainly be getting this. And maybe she can get her husband back sooner . . . I've never used the Resurrect-O-Nomitron before so this should be interesting. Thanks for making this.
Instructor
#8 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 8:01 PM
Thank you for making this. Since I hardly play any normal career, I hardly know these objects. Now there will be a lot more choice to spend those aspiration points on.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 1:28 AM Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 14th Feb 2010 at 1:29 AM. Reason: fix
Very awesome idea, but I have a (strange) question for you:

How does your mod work in regards to custom-made default overrides for the Maxis careers? As in, if I am using my own set of (self-made) career overrides that are linked to custom rewards (which are not default overrides) will your mod still allow the original rewards as Aspiration objects?

(Basically, does your mod only effect the Maxis-made stuff and not custom stuff is what I'm asking...and, incidentally what I am hoping for as I love the idea of still being able to access the Maxis stuff, just not having them tied to careers.)

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Banned
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 2:47 AM
Well, I thought it was pretty much self-explanitory in the post, but yes these are only for Maxis career/aspiration rewards.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 9:05 PM
Very cool and most awesome!

It will be nice to have a use for those ever-accumulating Aspiration points again! I mean, how many Money Trees can one Sim use?

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 4:46 AM
thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 7:33 AM
My sims always have way more aspiration points than they have things to spend them on; thanks for giving them something cool to buy with those leftover points!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 7:06 AM
Grazi. This is cool & well implemented. Makes thing a lot less boring and a bit more zany, which is always a good thing when you mostly play Postal2.

Wish I could merge the two games. heh
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 1:58 AM
Nice!!! Thank you for making this possible.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 4:25 AM
do they have their own guids?

"Ladies and gentlemen,
take my advice:
Pull down your pants,
and slide on the ice."
Banned
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 4:47 AM
No they don't because if they did it would take up 2. No need to give a new GUID on something like this. It's just a default replacement recategorizer. Default replacement anything never require GUIDs.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 1:45 AM
Great idea - I never used the career rewards bc my sims never bothered advancing that far in their careers. I have never even seen some of these, now I am going to go and see what they all do! Thanks for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 6:15 PM
I tried downloading this before I think, or something similar, but all it does is makes my career rewards section empty. There's no longer anything there.
Any ideas?
Don't suppose the creator of the mod will check this any time soon, but I just thought I'd let you know
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 4:39 PM
This is genius. I must say, I have been playing TS2 since it was released and I have never once touched some useful career objects, such as the Politics reward, simply because I abhor Popularity Sims.. Anyway, great idea and nice touch on adding different costs.
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 11:34 PM
I downloaded the seasons career and aspiration one and it made the special bookcase thing totally disappear. It wasn't a career reward Or an aspiration reward. Other than that, i love this
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 3:18 PM
thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 3:19 AM
This is great! I've always just unlocked them, but I feel it will add more to my gameplay this way.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 2:58 PM
Now my sims can use a lot more points instead of just leaving them until they die.
Some of my sims have well over 500k points saved up with nothing to use them on.
Thank you.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Apr 2023 at 6:40 PM
Warning - Do Not Add This Mod To Your Game, It Will Ruin Your Game. It Interfers With The Basegame Rewards And Doesn't Hardly Work. Very Bad Mod For The Game. So If You Experience Any Problems With This Mod, Remove From Game! Thank You!