Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#51 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:50 PM
Quote:
"Modify the town’s structure as an architect"

Does this mean we'll be able to add/remove lots and so forth? It sounds like they're strongly hinting it.
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 8:04 PM

OMG
SERVO

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Forum Resident
#53 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 8:16 PM
There is also an official trailer

http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims...ficial-trailer/

Edit:
There is also a gamespot interview

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy...6&mode=previews

They give more info about the architect in it:

Quote:
GS: We understand that there will also be career paths that will let you affect the layout and appearance of your sims' neighborhoods. How will that work?
GR: Architects will be hired by neighborhood sims to remodel their homes. For example, expecting parents may hire your sim to build a new baby room for them, or a sim who has just learned to paint may contract your sim to create an art studio. Before long your talented sim will have had a hand in many, if not all, of the homes in the town. We have dozens of different jobs based on story progression and your neighbors' desires--it's a very exciting feature.
Theorist
#54 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 8:24 PM
Finally!! Felt like it took forever for EA to announce the second EP.

That trailer was pretty epic! Is that Rise Against singing in Simlish? I believe it's their song Saviour...awesome! I've been hoping for some Simlish alternative rock and I'm glad that it's from a band I already know. The firefighting looks really fun and we'll have the real firetrucks back, not those strange looking ones the NPC firefighters use. Earthquakes? My friend is going to love that, he's been wanting real disasters in The Sims for a long time.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the detective stuff will work too...maybe it could be combined with the tomb exploring from WA to make things even more interesting? I already have a few tombs in Sunset Valley that could be set up so that detectives would have to get to the end of them to find clues or something to that effect.

Glad to see the makeover chair being brought back, I would have been very surprised if it wasn't going to be at some point. And one of the new objects is a trampoline! I loved using that object in The Sims 2 on Gamecube. I loved WA, but Ambitions looks even better! Day one purchase, definitely.
Forum Resident
#55 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 8:26 PM
Here is something people are going to love:

Quote:
GS: Tell us about some of the other additions that the expansion will add. What new items, building options, and gameplay features will also be added?
GR: One of the features we're most proud of is adding the ability for players to add, remove, and modify lots in edit town. Create-a-World is still the most powerful tool available for players who want to create and modify worlds, but for players who just want some of the options, this is a great alternative. Players can also add neighborhood objects like signs, rocks, and other large structures.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sookielee
Many people complain that EA does not listen to the fans. Well this choice as the 2nd EP proves they do. One of the biggest complaints when TS3 came out was not being able to follow your sims to work. There was discussion about how we should have more control over their behavior at work and a lot more. EA listened and we will be getting Ambitions. How well they listened is something we will have to wait and see about.

Most of my sims do not have jobs unless it is part of their LTW. I guess now I will have a reason to employ my dollies.

well we will have to see if its going to be a fluke like the last ep was.

mrnapolean1 is looking forward for Avatar 2! :)
Test Subject
#57 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 8:35 PM
From the write-up this sounds like yet another great Sims expansion pack. I have them all and really appreciate the hard work that's gone in to this franchise.

Thanks EA!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 8:38 PM
This kind of looks like a cross between open for business and the hobbies expansion pack. Hoping for the best though, the video seemed pretty cool but gotta take anything EA advertises with a grain of salt.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 8:41 PM
This is going to be the best EP ever!
They brought the best feature that i missed the most! :D

One of the features we're most proud of is adding the ability for players to add, remove, and modify lots in edit town. Create-a-World is still the most powerful tool available for players who want to create and modify worlds, but for players who just want some of the options, this is a great alternative. Players can also add neighborhood objects like signs, rocks, and other large structures.

Finally we will be able to place lots again! :D

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Forum Resident
#60 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 8:42 PM
That trailer does look pretty epic...
#61 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 8:46 PM Last edited by CharmingFirewaller : 4th Mar 2010 at 9:04 PM.
Yay, we can finally move lots again! About damn time.

EDIT: Just saw the trailer. It was awesome! I have doubts about the time machine and firefighters, though. If there's one thing I learned about EA trailers is that they can trick you into believing that certain things are possible in the game even though they may never happen on their own. The base game intro video was cool too, until I played the actual game and realized that the sims in Sunset Valley aren't as "alive" as they were made to appear in the trailer (e.g. rock concert, little girl jumping for joy as one woman announces her pregnancy to another).

Anyway, I still have hope for this EP and it seems way more interesting than World Adventures.
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gobot101
Here is something people are going to love:

That is it, I am sold. I am buying the EP just for that. I have been building a world in CAW and worrying about putting extra lots in just in case the EP adds more rabbitholes or my families need more room. This absolutely what we need.

Of course, I am still waiting to see if it blows up your game first.

I still don't think the 'follow to work' feature is what you think it will be. I think they are adding opportunities to the game. There may be some open work lots, such as the Firehouse and the Salon, but I still believe that most of the things will be handled more simply. For example, the architect gets an opportunity to go to the neighbors house and deliver a crib because they are building a baby room....or they go to the house and have access to the build mode where they can add on a room. Firemen will get the opportunities to go put out a huge house fire. There is no indication they will get rid of existing rabbitholes or allow you to follow your military sim to work.

Regardless, this is still fun and I really enjoyed the trailer. I really wish they would add some simple fun stuff but this will be okay.
#63 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
Of course, I am still waiting to see if it blows up your game first.

LOL...let me know if it does. If you survive it, I'll buy the EP.
Theorist
#64 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:18 PM
Let me say this again:
ROBOTS!!!!!11one

Quote: Originally posted by Gamespot Interview
...ge skill that is full of content. Crafty sims can gather scrap from the junkyard, broken objects, or even by blowing stuff up with their handy detonation packs. They can then use this scrap to invent excellent objects like the floor hygienator (provides hygiene to sims who walk over it), toys, widgets, a personal drilling device, a time machine, and even a personal robot.

These inventions (and other th...

EDIT:

The detail looks EPIC on this thing!
I can't wait!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Mad Poster
#65 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:17 PM
Yeehaa, 3 more months for the Moderators in Game Help to sort through all the mishaps, error codes, and bedlam of WA and HELS problems before the next wave of Ambitions wont let me play", "Ambitions stole my saved games", "Ambitions Ate my First Born", and dare I mention it..... "Ambitions made everything transparent! All I know is I installed Ambitions and then everything disappeared. WTF???"

Laugh now, because, we all know, while it will bring new opportunities in gameplay, it will also bring new frustrations, headaches, and most likely patches.

I guess I'm one of those in minority who really doesn't want or even care what they do when they go to work. They are out of my hair and I can concentrate on someone else while they work. I may skip this one or even wait for the dust to settle before looking into it.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:25 PM
I don't care what they do at work either and in fact, I really like the rabbit hole idea for everything but bars and restaurants...because I think those are places for socializing.

BUT..the ability to move and add lots and add things to the neighborhood...

The Time Machine...maybe some period clothing? Even a little bit is nice.

Some new hair?

On the other hand, I haven't even bought HELS because of the problems others had with their game so I am not eager to install something else. It better not break games or I won't buy it.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:33 PM
Robots ftw!!!
wonder what the realease date will be, probably the same date that the base game was released to mark 1 year of the sims 3.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Retired
retired moderator
#68 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:34 PM
Time machine means one thing to me: Viable way of bringing home dino pets (eggs) for a pets expansion. :P

I'm glad this pack hints at 'unlockable' clothing. I hate that all our sims can wear all the clothes immediately. It's one of the charms of TS2, I've found.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#69 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
Anyway, I still have hope for this EP and it seems way more interesting than World Adventures.

Agreed. I like that World Adventures tried something other than "let them be Sims, just somewhere else" (though it is a bit of that too), but I haven't been a big fan of the vacation EPs, and this one in particular didn't really offer us much extra for them to do when not traveling to non-Simlish lands.

If Ambitions plays as well as it reads, it could be a pretty awesome addition to the game. Then all we have to do is wait for EP3: Okay, You Can Go on a Date Now.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Instructor
#70 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:42 PM
I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE TATTOO ARTIST THING.

The fashion designer looks great too! The architech thing is cool too!

For Wold Adventures I wasn't that excited but for this one I CAN'T WAIT!!! AHHH

Late dawns and early sunsets just like my favorite scenes
Then holding hands and life was perfect just like up on the screen
Test Subject
#71 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:47 PM
I'll have to wait for more progress, but it looks alright atm; better than WA anyway.
I just want more musical instruments and I'll be satisfied
I do miss OFB and Seasons though.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:46 PM
Meh, I'm not really sure how I feel about this yet... Tatoo artist, architect, inventor, ghost buster and some of the other ones look like they could have potential, but EA has dropped the ball on a lot of things that have potential in the sims 3. I guess I'll have to wait until they release more details to decide whether or not I like this idea. Like someone else said, it would be great if they can own their own business. But so far I'm a bit underwhelmed...

But YAY for servo :D
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oprah
"... or live on the edge as a tattoo artist."

I am so pleased with this! Although I guess it sucks that I literally just spent a day making custom tattoos... heh.

I think it looks nice. I hope that there's a way to make your Sims have those jobs but NOT control their actions at work, though.
Test Subject
#74 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 10:11 PM
Eh.
I'll probably buy it when it's released.
And hopefully they'll have a patch with it that fixes bald CC hair on Sims for Mac users (:
Field Researcher
#75 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 10:15 PM
Quote:
I think it looks nice. I hope that there's a way to make your Sims have those jobs but NOT control their actions at work, though.

I totally agree. If I have to control ALL of my adults while they're at their jobs (along with whoever is at home or elsewhere) that alone will be a deal breaker for me.

But this leads me to wonder, are ALL of the jobs going to be playable, or just the new ones that are going to be intruduced with the expansion pack? Are the existing career rabit holes going to become non-rabit holes? I'm not sure if this was mentioned already in this thread, but it's not entirely clear to me at this point.
Page 3 of 27