Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 8:53 PM
I think that is the first contest I ever joint, where the contest spots are quicker filled than the judges spots.
So happy that this contest section shows some life signs again!

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 1:19 AM Last edited by DollyRot : 7th Apr 2010 at 7:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxyDancer
Hey-
I've haven't judged before on this site, but I'd like to sign up if that's okay

Lovely, I have added you.

Applications close on the 13th.

EDIT: PetaloftheNight pm'd me and offered to Judge, so we have our 3 judges, Yay!
Test Subject
#28 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 3:22 PM
Name: Jeanne Williamson
Ethnicity: Dual citizenship: British, French
Height & Measurements: 177 cm, 33-24-35

Being born in Paris and currently living in London, I've had the chance to experience the best of both fashion worlds, making me feel more than prepared for this competition. I like the unusual, and always strive to add a twist to my pictures, experimenting with what inspiration I get from my archaeology studies and my interest in foreign cultures. I believe that this contest will enable me to take the occasional freelance modelling and photographing I enjoy to a professional level, so that I can not only follow in my mother's footsteps, who is working for a French fashion magazine, but also live up a bit more to my father's expectations, who believes archaelogy is nothing more than 'digging in the dirt and contributing nothing to modern society'.

Headshot:

Full body in requested outfit:

Freeshot:

Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 4:02 PM Last edited by DollyRot : 9th Apr 2010 at 5:35 PM.
^ Beautiful, I have added you.

COMMMEEE ONNNN GUYS, I KNOW THERE ARE SOME AWESOME SIMMERS OUT THERE LURKING! <3
Scholar
#30 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 8:42 PM
The power went out in my house on Monday and fried the cpu in my pc. So unless I can find a way to afford getting my pc fixed before the next round, I will probably have to drop out. My old pc doesn't have enough ram to play Sims 2 on and my son won't let me take over his shiney new pc. Darn.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 8:36 AM
That's okay Deatherella, thanks for letting me know.

To my lovely judges - if you could state a reason if you deduct points for not following the brief that would be great.
To everyone else, get those apps in!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 9:24 AM
Deatharella: Be a mom, smack him! XD

It is to late right now, but I will defiantly put application in tomorrow.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 2:07 PM
DollyRot-I will be an EJ for you.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 3:40 PM
Even if we don't hit 10, as long as we have 8 or 9, it might be worth asking beeps if the contest can keep running. The winner won't receive a star (if I recall) but it means the contest can continue!

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Scholar
#35 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 4:51 PM
Is it okay if I edit my application? (:
+ I'll try to convince some simmers to apply xD

cherrycherrycherryboomboom.

Dreamwidth
Field Researcher
#36 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 7:05 PM Last edited by happyasabunny : 10th Apr 2010 at 7:19 PM.
Name: Demi Appleton
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Measurements: 5 feet 6 inches, 32-22-32

I am freshman at the University of Michigan. I am going there to become a computer software engineer. I am a computer geek, but I am also very girly and I am just starting to model. I have only done one photoshoot, but I have loved it. I never really have been a trend setter or even a trend follower for that matter. I have always worn clothes that a very quirky and fun. I love big bold pieces and cute full dresses. I probably have the least amount of experience, but don't count me out just yet. I have some tricks up my sleeve that you won't see coming.

Click To View The Actual Image

Headshot

Bodyshot

Freeshot

Field Researcher
#37 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 9:08 PM
I hope i'm able to get an app in on time. Not many contests lately!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 10:54 PM Last edited by Exxy : 10th Apr 2010 at 11:34 PM.
I've never entered a sims 2 contest before, so I hope this is okay.

Name: Jade Hale
Ethnicity: My mother is French, and my father English.
Height: 5'10"

Hello, my name is Jade Hale. I currently live in London, where I run my own small fashion boutique. It used to be my mothers, but she left it to me after she sadly passed away two years ago. Since then it's pretty much taken over my life; if I'm not in the shop selling my clothes then I'm at home designing then. I still love it though. My dream is to be a model however, and I'm hoping that this contest will give me the platform I need to achieve my dreams! Avec chance!

Headshot

Fullbody Shot

Free Shot

A few notes:
* Click the pictures for better quality.
* Sorry about the general quality of the pictures; my laptop doesn't support smooth edges
* I've been having trouble downloading the underwear required for the fullbody shot, so I put her in the closest thing I had. Is it okay?
* I have no idea how womens measurements work, being a guy, so I didn't fill that out.
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 12:46 AM Last edited by DollyRot : 11th Apr 2010 at 1:12 AM.
Haha, wow! I wake up this morning and soooo many updates =D

KyleTheArtist and BR_FL: Great! I look forward to seeing it. Don't stress too much though you still have 2 or 3 days to hand it in.

Easypeaze: Thankyou, I have added you.

Wgroome: Even if we don't get ten apps, I have every intention of continuing this contest (:

Calline: You can edit your application up until they close (:

happyasabunny: Such a beautiful application =D

Exxy: Your sim is gorgeous. Don't worry too much about the measurements, they may be used later on in the contest, but I will help you out with that when the time comes. I will tell the judges that you were unable to download the underwear, thanks for letting me know.

Woohoo! we have 9 contestants and only one more EJ slot to fill! & Round one will be posted later today, for anyone who would like a start on it.

DEADLINE
Scholar
Original Poster
#40 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 3:37 PM Last edited by DollyRot : 12th Apr 2010 at 2:19 PM.

A good model is diverse. So, whether you’re pulling mad angles in the pages of Vogue or showing your pearly whites for Covergirl, you need to WORK it.
TASK:
You will need to submit two pictures for this round
Part One;
Couture

Couture is high fashion, it’s edgy, it’s bizarre, it’s interesting.

You are to provide a picture demonstrating “couture” modelling.
This includes clothing & styling, posing and compostion.
There must be two of you in this picture, like in the example picture above.
(You may use the same image reflected if you wish.)
This means some minimal photoshop will be needed, if you have any problems please don’t hesitate to ask for help.

The image should be cropped from either mid thigh or waist up.
Your main colours should be black, white and grey.
Part two;
Catalog

Catalog is commericial, it’s likeable, it’s bright and fun.

You are to provide a picture demonstrating “catalog” modelling.
This includes clothing & styling, posing and compostion.
You are to pick a colour that will act as the theme for your shot
The image should be cropped from either mid thigh or waist up.

Part three;
You are to write few sentences on which modelling style you prefer and why.
Judging Criteria;
Understanding of Concept: /20
Pose: /15
Beauty: /5
Uniqueness/Creativity: /10
Writing: /5
followed breif: /5

THE ROUND IS DUE 18.4.10 @ MIDNIGHT GMT+8
DEADLINE
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 6:25 PM Last edited by Exxy : 16th Apr 2010 at 10:26 PM.
I wasn't too sure how to style Jade, so I hope this is okay.

Couture Shot

Catalog Shot

My Opinion On The Shots

I have to say, I really enjoyed modeling for these shots. Although both shots required completely different styles of fashion, I loved both. The catalog outfit was very pretty and ladylike, although it was a bit plain for my tastes. I absolutely adored the couture outfit however, as it more my kind of style. It was sexy, edgy and different, things I love when it comes to clothes. I love wearing things that nobody else will be wearing, and standing out from the crowd. If I had to choose my favourite shot then it would have to be the couture one.

Bonus!

After the shoot, the director of it came over to me, and told me a bit of software that he has on his computer where you submit a photo of yourself and you could see how you look with different hairstyles, so you could 'try before you buy' in a way. I was interested and let him take another photo of me to submit. We looked through a few styles but none of them really suited me, until we saw this. It was a very drastic, shaved hair style. I really liked the look of the style, but I've decided to stick with the style I have for now, but in the future; who knows?

Again, click for better quality pictures.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 7:51 PM Last edited by happyasabunny : 20th Apr 2010 at 12:53 AM.
Default Round 1
Couture

Catalog

Which One I Liked

After both photoshoots I looked at the pictures. I really loved them both but in the end I realized that I liked couture more. It is more edgy than catalog, but yet I still feel girly. I feel all dolled up without putting on a dress and pink lipstick. It is definitely different then what I'm used to, but I love it.

I think I liked what I looked like before more. I feel like I do not look as edgy as I did before. I love the idea of brown hair but I don't think it suits me.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 9:36 PM
Must it be plain backgrounds again?

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Field Researcher
#44 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 10:32 PM Last edited by BR_FL : 12th Apr 2010 at 1:36 AM.
Default Eva Rosa
Name - Evangeline (Eva) Rosa
Age - 28
Location - Monterrey Bay, CA
Ethnicity - Spanish (Father's side) & French (Mother's side)
Height - 5'9"
Measurements - 34-24-33

Soccer mom. That term would best describe me. My modeling career was over before it even began. My life has been one, big, perpetual suburban dream, if you could even call it a dream. As a teenager I aspired to make it big; I wanted to go to the big cities of the world an make a name for myself. Get myself out of my suburban wasteland. But as soon as I got out of high school, I got married to my sweetheart, and now I have two lovely kids, a nice house, a husband who is never home, and a minivan. While I don't mind my life now, my dreams aren't going to wait for me as I pass my prime. I hope that I can prove to myself that I can make it big, and have fun in the process.

Head Shot

Body Shot

Free Shot - Home Alone

Scholar
Original Poster
#45 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aba23
Must it be plain backgrounds again?

It's up to you.

BR_FL - Lovely app! I have added you!

We now have ten contestants!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 12:53 AM
In the couture shot, should the model have the same hair/clothes/makeup in both poses?

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Scholar
Original Poster
#47 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 1:45 AM
Freelala - It's entirely up to you.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 8:04 AM Last edited by Freelala : 16th Apr 2010 at 11:06 PM.
Default Elisabeth Sovaia, Round 1
Couture

Catalog

My preference is definitely couture. I like unique, edgy clothing and pictures. In my opinion, you have clothes, and you have art. Clothes are what a person wears to look good, and couture is what you wear to showcase an artist. Designers are the artists, the clothes are the paint, and the model is the canvas.

Makeover

The adjustments to my look during the makeover were kept to a minimum. My natural coloring makes me stand out quite a bit, and even the smallest tweaks can turn me from unique to freaky. (Look no further than my seventh grade yearbook photo for evidence of this: I got a perm, and for three months I had to walk sideways to get through doors) They did some trimming to keep the layers clean, then finished with a hydrating gloss for shine.

Scholar
Original Poster
#49 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 2:06 PM Last edited by DollyRot : 12th Apr 2010 at 2:19 PM.

It's makeover time!
Your task is to submit a new headshot, in the provided frame above.
You should also include a few sentences stating whether your love or hate your new hairdo, or why it wasn't changed.
This task will be judged, and you may recieve a maximum of 10 points added to your round one score!

THIS TASK IS DUE 18.4.10 @ MIDNIGHT GMT+8
DEADLINE
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 9:37 PM
Here I am with the questions again. ^_^ Should the makeover be included with Round 1 or in a separate post?

Page 2 of 8